None
[OP]
Aug 23, 2001
311 posts
322 upvotes
NS

lite-on 811 + BENQ 8XDVD-Rs (FUJIFILM03) WOES

Hi,

I ordered the 200 pack of Benq 4X DVR-Rs hoping to get the sony04 types, but I was shipped 8X benqs. They happen to be fujifilm03s, which are identified at writing at a max of 2x in my lite-on 811 (speedhacked). What horrible luck! I'm using the latest firmware too.

I searched out a post here and some scattered across the internet saying lite-on drives hate fujifilm03 media.

I was happy at first they sent me 8x instead of 4x discs, now I am not so happy.

Anyone else this unlucky?

Later,
William
2 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10415 posts
598 upvotes
Mississauga
Mailliw wrote:Hi,

I ordered the 200 pack of Benq 4X DVR-Rs hoping to get the sony04 types, but I was shipped 8X benqs. They happen to be fujifilm03s, which are identified at writing at a max of 2x in my lite-on 811 (speedhacked). What horrible luck! I'm using the latest firmware too.

I searched out a post here and some scattered across the internet saying lite-on drives hate fujifilm03 media.

I was happy at first they sent me 8x instead of 4x discs, now I am not so happy.

Anyone else this unlucky?

Later,
William
Return them if your not happy with them.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10004 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
humm gonna have to check the media codes on my benq's then 8x's

anyone have media scans of the 8x benq's dvd-r's?? in the 100 spindles??

and the media scan codes for the 8x dvd-r benq's 200 pack media codes??
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."