Investing

LIthium Americas Corp (LAC) - Room To Run Or Getting late?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2024 9:47 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2008
6048 posts
1945 upvotes
GTA

LIthium Americas Corp (LAC) - Room To Run Or Getting late?

Trades on both the TSX and NYSE, has been running up since it was first mentioned here a few months ago.

“ Both projects are expected to provide battery-quality lithium carbonate for the electric-vehicle industry. While progress on the permitting process is welcome news, investors should realize that investments in this company should remain in the speculative portion of their portfolios.”

https://www.fool.com/amp/investing/2021 ... red-today/

Any thoughts on this stock, this can be a thread for it
124 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
Buy buy buy
To the moon
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
Haha I bought into this several years ago, and last at around $3...had a $5ACB and sold at $14.XX late last year...

After Tesla, selling this is one of my bigger regrets...had a huge position.

That being said, avoid the fomo, it can come down crashing as it has in the past
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6386 upvotes
Vancouver
My general thought is, by the time everyone is talking about it, you're too late to the party.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6386 upvotes
Vancouver
So am I reading this right? On RBC DI, it's showing the financials with ZERO revenue for the last 4 quarters????!!!
Mar 28, 2017
616 posts
495 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: So am I reading this right? On RBC DI, it's showing the financials with ZERO revenue for the last 4 quarters????!!!
Only boomers company have revenue. This stock is gonna moon when they have negative revenue.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2008
6048 posts
1945 upvotes
GTA
notenoughsleep wrote: So am I reading this right? On RBC DI, it's showing the financials with ZERO revenue for the last 4 quarters????!!!
It’s 2 main revenue streams are supposed to come online at the end of this year and next year.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6386 upvotes
Vancouver
badmus wrote: It’s 2 main revenue streams are supposed to come online at the end of this year and next year.
Haven't read company reports, do they at least have an estimate on how much revenue they anticipate on receiving?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2008
6048 posts
1945 upvotes
GTA
notenoughsleep wrote: Haven't read company reports, do they at least have an estimate on how much revenue they anticipate on receiving?
The Argentinian mine has a present value of about $2 billion and the Thacker pass one has a current value of about $2.6 billion.

Lithium prices are supposed to go higher though as EVs become popular and names like this one are running ahead of themselves.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6386 upvotes
Vancouver
badmus wrote: The Argentinian mine has a present value of about $2 billion and the Thacker pass one has a current value of about $2.6 billion.

Lithium prices are supposed to go higher though as EVs become popular and names like this one are running ahead of themselves.
Thanks for the info. Took a small flyer position in this and will do a little more research before adding more.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2008
1197 posts
671 upvotes
Fwiw ... Actuary 20 said that if this stock doesn’t go to 40 cdn, he will admit himself a failure of an investor.

Listening to his picks since nov would have given you 100-300 percent on avg.
Last edited by Shoppersbeermart on Jan 20th, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2008
6048 posts
1945 upvotes
GTA
The CEO was just on BNN for a quick chat, the Thacker Pass location will take 2 years from whenever they start construction this year.

They have a lot of cash and are still looking for partnerships but he says Lithium demand will be high as EVs increase in usage and Musk has stated that they want to get Lithium from Nevada which is where Thacker Pass is located.

If I find a link I will post or someone else can do it.
Deal Expert
Oct 7, 2010
15536 posts
5790 upvotes
badmus wrote: The CEO was just on BNN for a quick chat, the Thacker Pass location will take 2 years from whenever they start construction this year.

They have a lot of cash and are still looking for partnerships but he says Lithium demand will be high as EVs increase in usage and Musk has stated that they want to get Lithium from Nevada which is where Thacker Pass is located.

If I find a link I will post or someone else can do it.
A lot of producers are there. How do you know they will be the one supplying?
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10332 posts
6699 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Back into LAC with May calls
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2008
6048 posts
1945 upvotes
GTA
spike1128 wrote: A lot of producers are there. How do you know they will be the one supplying?
They may or may not be, either way the market doesn’t have enough supply going forward for the expected demand from the EV industry.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4384 posts
482 upvotes
i have too much money in LAC ... hoping for some news
Questrade | Crypto.com | BlockFi | Public Mobile

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)