Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LiveOutThere

Mountain Hardwear Stretch Down Hooded Jacket 40% Off - $191.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2017 10:42 pm
Sep 2, 2014
387 posts
636 upvotes
Vancouver

Mountain Hardwear Stretch Down Hooded Jacket 40% Off - $191.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
40% Off
Retailer:
LiveOutThere
Note: An extra 10% off if you have a LiveOutThere Membership. It's a good Canadian site with free shipping and returns, so no worries.

This jacket is new this season, and brings some excellent innovation. Stretch fabric along with welded seems make a quality piece that is very light and warm. Available with or without hood, in both men and women's variations, there are lots of size and a few colours available. Unfortunately being new there are not a ton of reviews on this jacket yet, but here is the manufacturer link: http://www.mountainhardwear.com/mens-st ... 15#start=0

Many other great Mountain Hardwear products available at 40% off as well, including the Ghost Whisperer Down.

I picked up the hooded version at Atmosphere during our last cold snap, and the medium fits great at 6'4" 185lb (MH is a good brand for taller folk). My only regret is getting the black instead of blue. It's a bit dull. But at least I'm warm!

*Ebates for 3.5% back. Thanks Thundercloud
Last edited by duncancj on Jan 5th, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3948 posts
1380 upvotes
Vancouver
Love liveoutthere.com. Their shipping is very quick and the return policy is second to none. Granted sites like thelasthunt.com probably has better deals but I've held off from ordering from them because of the final sale policy. Wouldn't hesitate to order from liveoutthere.com. They also offer $5 credits for writing reviews!
Sep 1, 2011
519 posts
660 upvotes
coquitlam
How would the warmth stack up vs a TNF Gotham jacket? Trying to replace mine with something that moves a bit better.
Nov 26, 2014
133 posts
137 upvotes
Calgary
RenxoBC wrote: How would the warmth stack up vs a TNF Gotham jacket? Trying to replace mine with something that moves a bit better.
The MH has more down filling, but the Gotham will be better at keeping the wind out.
Mar 21, 2010
361 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
litebrite wrote: Love liveoutthere.com. Their shipping is very quick and the return policy is second to none. Granted sites like thelasthunt.com probably has better deals but I've held off from ordering from them because of the final sale policy. Wouldn't hesitate to order from liveoutthere.com. They also offer $5 credits for writing reviews!
Agreed. I can buy multiple sizes and return the one that doesn't fit for free.
Aug 16, 2008
171 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton
Are there any issues with the amount of down that leaks through the fabric?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1056 posts
370 upvotes
Aaaaaron wrote: The MH has more down filling, but the Gotham will be better at keeping the wind out.
I'm not sure the MH does have more down fill, but it is better quality fill (750 vs 550), so the fill itself has a better warmth to weight ratio.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Does MH have some kind of ethical business statement/policy that states they don't live pluck the down?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
Is that the kind of thin jacket that you wear under a shell (water/wind proof), or is it a thicker jacket that you wear "alone"?

Does the 20% first buy would work (by signing up to their email list)?
Feb 2, 2014
529 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
superbigjay wrote: Is that the kind of thin jacket that you wear under a shell (water/wind proof), or is it a thicker jacket that you wear "alone"?

In cold/windy weather, you'd need something on top, as this looks like sewn-through down which is pretty porous to the wind. In milder winter weather, this would be okay on its own.
Mar 15, 2007
281 posts
192 upvotes
superbigjay wrote: Is that the kind of thin jacket that you wear under a shell (water/wind proof), or is it a thicker jacket that you wear "alone"?

20% off first order didn't work when I tried it. It gave a message that sale items are not eligible.
Dec 25, 2011
271 posts
199 upvotes
Hamilton
tjindersingh wrote: In cold/windy weather, you'd need something on top, as this looks like sewn-through down which is pretty porous to the wind. In milder winter weather, this would be okay on its own.
It's not sown through; that's literally the main feature of the jacket.
Aug 5, 2008
500 posts
350 upvotes
RenxoBC wrote: How would the warmth stack up vs a TNF Gotham jacket? Trying to replace mine with something that moves a bit better.
With down jackets, bulkiness essentially translates to warmth (more air insulating you) so the Gotham will be warmer. This MH jacket is more of a mid-layer or a fall/spring jacket.
Feb 2, 2014
529 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
urawomanimamachine wrote: It's not sown through; that's literally the main feature of the jacket.
Ah, sorry. There was no description so was going on looks alone. But the general point still holds - this is more of a mid-layer than a winter jacket on its own.
Sep 18, 2008
676 posts
200 upvotes
Is there any physical store (Sportschek/Atmosphere) that sells these jackets so one can try the sizing instead of buying multiple sizes and returning?
Dec 25, 2011
271 posts
199 upvotes
Hamilton
tjindersingh wrote: Ah, sorry. There was no description so was going on looks alone. But the general point still holds - this is more of a mid-layer than a winter jacket on its own.
Seems pretty warm from most reviews (albeit this gentleman is wearing a fleece underlayer) http://pebbleshoo.com/stretchdown-rs-review/

Ditto: http://www.utahoutside.com/2016/02/firs ... et-review/
Sep 2, 2014
387 posts
636 upvotes
Vancouver
tdotojnf wrote: Is there any physical store (Sportschek/Atmosphere) that sells these jackets so one can try the sizing instead of buying multiple sizes and returning?
Atmosphere carries them, that's where I picked up mine.

I've been using the jacket over a t-shirt with no problem in -15 weather. The no-stitching means it handles wind OK, but where I am isn't all that windy.
Feb 2, 2014
529 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
urawomanimamachine wrote: Seems pretty warm from most reviews (albeit this gentleman is wearing a fleece underlayer) http://pebbleshoo.com/stretchdown-rs-review/

Ditto: http://www.utahoutside.com/2016/02/firs ... et-review/
Hm. In that case, I might bite... Seems like it'll work both as a mid layer on really bad days, but also a jacket on its own for a lot of winter. Thanks for the tips, and sorry I got that info wrong.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)