Expired Hot Deals

[living.ca] Body Fat Scale Smart Weighing Wireless Bathroom BMI Step-on Bluetooth 180KGS/396LBS ($14.99 Flash Sale)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2018 11:18 am
[OP]
Mar 9, 2011
370 posts
447 upvotes

Body Fat Scale Smart Weighing Wireless Bathroom BMI Step-on Bluetooth 180KGS/396LBS ($14.99 Flash Sale)

Deal Link:
Price:
$14.99
Savings:
25%
Expiry:
June 29, 2018
Retailer:
living.ca
living.ca is selling a Body Fat Scale Smart Weighing Wireless Bathroom BMI Step-on Bluetooth 180KGS/396LBS

Free shipping provided for $49 or above on orders or you can use a freeshipping10 coupon on your first order of $10 or more.

Sale price is valid till June 29th.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS

Smart Scale with Free APP: App syncs with Bluetooth 4.0, Android 4.3 & IOS 7.0 or above, just scan the QR code on user manual or search "OKOK. International " or " Leaone"in Apple Store/Google Play, you can free download the app.
The Bluetooth Smart Scale uses bio-electrical impedance analysis technology to estimate body Fat percentage, body Water percentage, Visceral Fat percentage, Muscle mass and Bone mass, BMR, BMI, Weight, Protein, Obesity, Body Age, LBM in total 12 sets synchronizing all measurements into paired ready devices.
High Quality Product - Auto calibration, high precision sensors measure in increments of 0.2 lb/0.1 kg with 396lbs/180kg capacity. 4 sensitive electrodes, 6mm tempered glass platform, Powered by USB Port charging lithium battery. And the hidden LED screen is a trendy design features a decor in your bathroom/bedroom. FDA/CE/FCC/ROHS/SGS Certificated.
8-User Records: The Digital Bluetooth Body Fat Bath Scale will store recognition of up to 8 users' profiles, suitable for all family members.
Images
  • 12211233.jpg
16 replies
May 22, 2014
108 posts
67 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
bio-electrical impedance is quite unreliable and can fluctuate throughout the day
good price for just the scale though
Aug 17, 2013
207 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
These body fat scales are the biggest scam. Don't think by standing on a scale you can measure your body fat.

There are tests on these scales.. none were remotely accurate.

Buy the scale for weight. nothing more
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2008
1870 posts
4329 upvotes
orianna wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 12:39 pm
These body fat scales are the biggest scam. Don't think by standing on a scale you can measure your body fat.

I'm not 100% on this but I think it sends current through your body to measure body fat because fat and fat free mass have different resistance, density or something. That's why there are four metal pieces on the scale. The better ones also have a hand held piece to measure upper body fat. While these body fat scales aren't accurate, they can be used as an indicator of one's training progress, or at least whether one is lean or obese. I personally would get one with the hand held piece.
Mar 20, 2015
108 posts
38 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Honestly that design is atrocious. Also, does the App plug into HealthKit for iOS? Somehow I doubt it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8711 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto
pretty soon they going to invent bluetooth toilet seat scale
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Aug 4, 2006
131 posts
25 upvotes
Burnaby
Got one. I was looking for a Bluetooth scale.

Yes, it might not be accurate. If you consistently use it the same time, ie every morning after going to the bathroom, it can provide a good trend on your workout and eating plans.
Oct 12, 2016
408 posts
88 upvotes
Free shopping code is not valid as its" on sale"
Aug 21, 2013
93 posts
39 upvotes
Kitchener
orianna wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 12:39 pm

I agree with you but the main thing you should be looking for is the trend. There's no really accurate way of measuring body fat, (DEXA, floatation methods, bio impedance, calipers) all give vastly different results. The only true way to accurately measure it is autopsy but that's not practical for anyone who likes to live.
Aug 17, 2013
207 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Exactly. It's a 14 dollar scale. I doubt the weight measuring is even accurate.

Just a pet peeve, i hear people running around saying they're 9 percent body fat or 15 percent. Ask how did they test, jumped on a scale.

People always take the narrative which makes them look better. If a scale says i'm 20 percent, the other says 25 percent, chances are the person will tell others they're 20 percent body fat.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1483 posts
813 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does this kind of scale really works?
Smart body fat scales or .... scams?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2387 posts
1922 upvotes
Calgary
You're getting what you're paying for.

Even the very best body fat scales, such as my Withings (now Nokia), can be wildly inaccurate for that measurement depending on body type.

If this thing is within 5 or 10 pounds, I will be surprised.
In your pants!
Aug 4, 2006
131 posts
25 upvotes
Burnaby
Smartchen wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 5:18 pm
Does this kind of scale really works?
Smart body fat scales or .... scams?
It is not a scam. It just use how well your body conduct electricity to calculate your body fat based on average.

It is not exactly how much body fat you have.

Again it would not be grossly wrong on weights. Ie. You are 200 lb but the scale says your are only 150. Really does it matter if you are plus of minus 5lb? As long as it consistent in its errors? Ie trends.

Weights fluctuate due to water retention. If you just want something to track your health and make sure you are making the right progress, this is fine. No need to spend on pricey scale.

If you are a doctor and need to measure your patients, you should not be using this.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2387 posts
1922 upvotes
Calgary
Cheap scales often are very inconsistent in their measurements. 150 one minute, 145 or 155 the next.
In your pants!
Mar 6, 2012
657 posts
135 upvotes
FatWallet wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 6:12 pm
You're getting what you're paying for.

Even the very best body fat scales, such as my Withings (now Nokia), can be wildly inaccurate for that measurement depending on body type.

If this thing is within 5 or 10 pounds, I will be surprised.
While I don't have that same exact scale I purchased this one not too long ago:
https://www.amazon.ca/Bluetooth-Android ... B01FHELB56

Came to a little under $50 with taxes and shipping. A colleague of mine had one and they compared it to another more expensive model from a reputable company and all the results were very close. When I received it I compared it to my old fairly expensive body weight scale only and the results were spot on.

I'm not saying that the results for everything are 100% accurate but they don't wildly fluctuate day by day so they seem good enough to me to look at the trend.