Automotive

lmao, driving schools giving away drivers ed certificates.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2015 12:09 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 18, 2013
594 posts
184 upvotes
Brampton

lmao, driving schools giving away drivers ed certificates.

so my cousins son just "bought" a drivers ed certificate for 150. He didn't take no in class time or anything and didn't give a exam either. is this normal? i mean i know its brampton but still.
22 replies
[OP]
Oct 18, 2013
594 posts
184 upvotes
Brampton
jimmyonishi wrote: Driving school may not be accredited
lol, he said the guy went to the ministry with him to get the certificate. :/
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
645 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
In other news, the sky is blue and the sun will rise from the east. Just look at the calibre of drivers around here. There is a reason I no longer drive transport trucks.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8029 posts
2356 upvotes
Toronto
Going to class or no, its your choice after all. When you go to road test that how MTO/drive test judge your knowledge. I enroll in a driving school before never when to in-class lecture just in-car driving, did not even pay $150 for the certificate, the driving school just give me the certificate after I finish my in-class lessons.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
17185 posts
7063 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Old news.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1274 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver
It's great! Just pay some money and buy 3 years of driving experience insurance premiums!
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1331 posts
648 upvotes
Scarborough
Been happening for a long time now
-
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5834 posts
1220 upvotes
aGincourt
$150? Ripped off dude, I only paid $50 for mine (PM me for deet if anyone is interested)
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22393 posts
3270 upvotes
cgtlky wrote: Going to class or no, its your choice after all. When you go to road test that how MTO/drive test judge your knowledge. I enroll in a driving school before never when to in-class lecture just in-car driving, did not even pay $150 for the certificate, the driving school just give me the certificate after I finish my in-class lessons.
No its not. The class is mandatory.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2014
1264 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
Swswswish wrote: $150? Ripped off dude, I only paid $50 for mine (PM me for deet if anyone is interested)
Same. We are true RFDers.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
Apparently the ministry also sends 'undercover' students to test driving school instructors.

But yea, this is old news; I think the Mississauga News or Toronto Star covered this
Kasakato wrote: No its not. The class is mandatory.
Class is not mandatory. You only need it for the discount.
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28731 posts
9336 upvotes
Hamilton
$150 is pretty steep price. Definitely not a hot deal lol
hated on but respected.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5834 posts
1220 upvotes
aGincourt
Dinujan wrote: Apparently the ministry also sends 'undercover' students to test driving school instructors.

But yea, this is old news; I think the Mississauga News or Toronto Star covered this

Lol, if they close down a school another one will reopen a month later
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22393 posts
3270 upvotes
Dinujan wrote: Apparently the ministry also sends 'undercover' students to test driving school instructors.

For what other reason are you attending scam driving school?
Jun 17, 2013
795 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
Kasakato wrote: For what other reason are you attending scam driving school?
A 16 year old with a G1 looking to get their G2 without waiting a full year.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22393 posts
3270 upvotes
NewMember12345 wrote: A 16 year old with a G1 looking to get their G2 without waiting a full year.
Which also means the classes are mandatory.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1826 posts
523 upvotes
if you guys think that is bad , you can also buy trades license exams on kijiji that are the exact same exam as the ministry test to get your plumbing, electrical etc. license but in order to challenge the exam one must prove his hours in the trade but the scamming that this country does thats easy to get, so next time your hiring a electrician just think he may only had his license for a half a hour before he got to your house , scary thought lol , i didnt want to get off track but this is nothing new with fake certificates and licenses and it will only get worse...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5851 posts
771 upvotes
Ottawa
Kasakato wrote: Which also means the classes are mandatory.
I'm not sure why you say they are mandatory...

At least when I got my G2, the class was not mandatory. You get to obtain your G2 4 months earlier than without the class.

Someone who does not take the class can still get their G2 after 12 months.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22393 posts
3270 upvotes
TripleHelix wrote: I'm not sure why you say they are mandatory...

At least when I got my G2, the class was not mandatory. You get to obtain your G2 4 months earlier than without the class.

Someone who does not take the class can still get their G2 after 12 months.
To get the driving school certificate you need to take the lessons.