• Jun 9th, 2019 10:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20732 posts
4850 upvotes
Poormond Hill

Lo Bak Go Store in Market Village

Before Market Village was torn down, there was a small store selling Lo Bak Go next to the auto accessories store. Does anyone know if they relocated to another location and where?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
5657 posts
2494 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Make your own. Requires 2 ingredients.....
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
Oct 29, 2013
255 posts
23 upvotes
Markham, ON
They moved to Denison Centre (Denison/Kennedy)
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4487 posts
1064 upvotes
Whatever happened to all those other stores that were in Market Village? Like the frozen dumplings store? Or those food court dai pai dongs?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20732 posts
4850 upvotes
Poormond Hill
scension wrote: They moved to Denison Centre (Denison/Kennedy)
I was there around 5 this afternoon and couldn't find it. All I saw is the "waffle" store, the soya, the BBQ and next to it Prince.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20732 posts
4850 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Mulder and Scully wrote: Whatever happened to all those other stores that were in Market Village? Like the frozen dumplings store? Or those food court dai pai dongs?
The frozen dumpling store is in Denison, next to the BBQ fast food.
May 24, 2008
256 posts
194 upvotes
Mississauga
btw anyone know where I can buy STEAMED lo bak go (like the one they make in dim sum restaurant), not many dim sum places offering steam now
Oct 29, 2013
255 posts
23 upvotes
Markham, ON
sandikosh wrote: I was there around 5 this afternoon and couldn't find it. All I saw is the "waffle" store, the soya, the BBQ and next to it Prince.
Perhaps they've changed their offerings. I know back when they were in MV, they had fried noodles, lo bak go, and other dishes
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4075 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
What is the lo bak go store OP is referring to? At first, I thought it was the soya bean store(which was next to a car accessories store) .
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20732 posts
4850 upvotes
Poormond Hill
scension wrote: Perhaps they've changed their offerings. I know back when they were in MV, they had fried noodles, lo bak go, and other dishes
It looks like it. I looked at the menus and all I see is tofu items. Maybe I'm mistaken that the "Lo Bak Go" is actually tofu?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20732 posts
4850 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Spiderpal93 wrote: What is the lo bak go store OP is referring to? At first, I thought it was the soya bean store(which was next to a car accessories store) .
Yes, that is the one. At Market Village they were called, Yan Woo Soya Bean Specialty Foods. Now at Denison it is called, Yan's Soy Foods.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1537 posts
36 upvotes
usa
macrossr wrote: btw anyone know where I can buy STEAMED lo bak go (like the one they make in dim sum restaurant), not many dim sum places offering steam now
Are you talking about the lo bak go served in a bowl that you need to eat with a spoon?

The first time a friend ordered it at golden regency back in early 2000s, I was thinking why is it so thin. We certainly don't have that here in Chicago. In fact no one makes good lo bak go good here.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24742 posts
1877 upvotes
Markham, ON
pretty much all market village stores when to Denison / Kenn lol
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4792 posts
398 upvotes
GTA
Same owner.. Remington owns most of Markham
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20732 posts
4850 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Anyone know where I can get Lo Bak Go that is steamed and not pan fried?
Dec 14, 2010
486 posts
194 upvotes
sandikosh wrote: Anyone know where I can get Lo Bak Go that is steamed and not pan fried?
If you're talking about the kind that's less firm and you eat with a spoon, Sam’s Congee Delight has it. It was in Market Village but moved to it's own standalone restaurant on Woodbine. It's looks like two ice cream balls when served, there are some pics of it on its google listing.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20732 posts
4850 upvotes
Poormond Hill
This might be it. My mom has been asking for it and just can't seem to find it. Thank you!
Feb 5, 2007
651 posts
265 upvotes
Mississauga
from chinese theyre called radish pancakes