Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Loblaw/Maxi

Free $5 gift card after subscription to Maxi digital flyer

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 7:50 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3725 posts
4123 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I got 2 of them (one under my email, and one under my wife's). The first one, still shows a balance of $5 (for now). The second one, shows the $5 credit and then $5 debt for a balance of $0.

They probably realized the RFD effect, and decided to reverse all the cards that were sent out in the last hour or so. Or decided to reverse any cards which were requested from identical IPs.

Oh well.

EDIT: Just checked the second one, and it now shows the credit and debit also, so both dead before using them,
Last edited by Emporium on Aug 9th, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2014
1608 posts
2423 upvotes
LocoTico wrote: They got rid of $5 dollar free gift card from signup email. Looks to be dead
No cigar
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2659 posts
539 upvotes
signed up and didn't get the coupon and tried a different email address also. Just get confirmation of my subscription but not $5
Feb 5, 2014
615 posts
877 upvotes
Yea the system started recycling gift cards once they were out (bad programing) so people are getting the same cards.
I signed up for 6 cards via family members and earlier today 3 of which have already been redeemed. I haven't had a chance to go to the store yet, so likely those other 3 will be gone by EOD.
Crappily run program. :/
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2457 posts
2752 upvotes
Toronto
umega890 wrote:
They have been recycling the giftcard numbers, so check your balance before using them. It was reported that multiple people get the same giftcard...
starscreamX wrote:
Check your gift card balance before heading to the stores:

https://wbiprod.storedvalue.com/wbisoa/ ... fchoice.ca
RKD60520 wrote:
Hmm. This might be too good to be true then. I put in the number and pin and get this:

Current Balance: $ 0.00
Date Approved Amount Transaction Description
08/09/2021 $ 5.00 PIN Verified Debit
06/03/2021 $ 5.00 PIN Verified Credit
I confirm that I just tried to use my card and got an insufficient balance error. =/ I got the card 1 hour ago, I am post #1 after OP.
Jul 21, 2021
95 posts
87 upvotes
silverele wrote: I confirm that I just tried to use my card and got an insufficient balance error. =/ I got the card 1 hour ago, I am post #1 after OP.
Yeah I give up haha, this promotion was poorly planned by them. I got 3 cards with my 3 emails, all are worth nothing already.
Mar 25, 2006
792 posts
623 upvotes
Can the GC be used be scanned at self-checkout terminals directly from the phone (without printing)?
Dec 20, 2018
421 posts
361 upvotes
winnipeg
starscreamX wrote: Can the GC be used be scanned at self-checkout terminals directly from the phone (without printing)?
technically yes, though you need to call assistant to input the PIN
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2457 posts
2752 upvotes
Toronto
starscreamX wrote: Can the GC be used be scanned at self-checkout terminals directly from the phone (without printing)?
Yes, but an employee must be there to help you enter the PIN number on the backend.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7259 posts
9338 upvotes
Scarbs
Sepharite wrote: Too good to be true. Next time folks.

Anyone remember the free $10 from Shop.ca? Good times.
the golden days lol
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1569 posts
898 upvotes
If you're still seeing a balance on your card, THEN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN TO YOUR NEAREST LOBLAWS STORE TO USE IT BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7214 posts
3554 upvotes
Montreal
Sepharite wrote: Too good to be true. Next time folks.

Anyone remember the free $10 from Shop.ca? Good times.
last year Maxi was sending a generic $5 code that could be used unlimited times in a single transaction lol
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1085 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up yesterday at 10AM, by the afternoon I saw the balance was $0.00 and when I called customer service, I was told it was redeemed around 1PM at a Real Canadian Superstore.

Seems like they've been sending the same gift cards to multiple people.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
10535 posts
19621 upvotes
Montreal
kingsley15 wrote: This was abused by the couponers. some ppl got over $200 worth of stuff
Don't blame the couponers. That was a stupid promotion to begin with. A 10-year old would have figured out that people would use temporary e-mail addresses. Loblaws got what they deserve. Congrats to those who got cards.
Last edited by Temporel on Aug 9th, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4990 posts
4427 upvotes
Got excited for a few minutes... Good for those that got >$0.01 on the GC