Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Loblaws

15,000 PCO points for every $100 spent on Apple, Keg, Google Play, Ultimate Dining, PlayStation, Boston Pizza gift cards

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2023 11:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
7529 posts
8284 upvotes
Vancouver
DaVibe wrote: I just answered your question, why do you keep on with this? Do yourself a favour and read the terms, before Optimum closes ALL of your accounts and removes the points. And they will.

It's 1 account per person. You have different family members who may shop with Optimum branded stores? Great, get them to sign up. Maybe you have them participate in the promo for you and you can work something out amongst your immediate family.

1 account per person. You have to think, what if there's an issue that requires you to verify the account? Verify your identity? What if you are called out on your multiple accounts? What are you going to do then?

It's in the terms. It's not allowed. Please stop suggesting this.
I've seen it a few times where people say read the terms - 1 acount per person. I've asked, where does it state this in the PC Optimum Terms and Conditions? Maybe you can point it out...?
https://www.pcoptimum.ca/company-policy ... conditions

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1977 posts
1665 upvotes
Halifax
Apple Gift Cards
If you load these onto your Apple Account and will it pay for monthly Itunes authomatically ?
A fan of RFD
Jun 26, 2017
216 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t it be best to buy the gift cards from SDM using the PC Financial MC CC because of their 45 pts per $1 earn? So you get an extra 4,500 pts per $100 spend?
Sep 15, 2019
549 posts
1409 upvotes
orleans
newfbc wrote: I've seen it a few times where people say read the terms - 1 acount per person. I've asked, where does it state this in the PC Optimum Terms and Conditions? Maybe you can point it out...?
https://www.pcoptimum.ca/company-policy ... conditions

Ron.
I guess part of the point is they can take your points away for any reason, so it might not be a good idea to push it.

For what it's worth, I have multiple accounts (attached to real people) in my household and have used them to get deals like this twice. There wouldn't be a way for them to distinguish if my family member exists or not, and I haven't been banned. There is no way for them to know that my grandma didn't also want Apple Gift cards, or that my grandma does or doesn't exist (she exists, believe me, I know).

The type of people who get banned are usually resellers who buy 12 Nintendo Switch consoles weekly, while gaming the points offers to get them for cheaper. The main thing they use as a condition of banning people is a term that is something like regular household use.

If you have 2 or 3 active accounts with different names/e-mail addresses, and you're doing mostly normal stuff, I suspect you won't get banned but it's YMMV and your risk. If someone creates 8 accounts the same day to get $3000 worth of Apple gift cards...who knows.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Nov 24, 2021
174 posts
116 upvotes
Calgary
Does anyone know, if I buy one of these gift cards from an Esso or Mobil convenience store, will the purchase qualify for this offer?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4222 posts
1357 upvotes
QC
ths333 wrote: Correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t it be best to buy the gift cards from SDM using the PC Financial MC CC because of their 45 pts per $1 earn? So you get an extra 4,500 pts per $100 spend?
Exact
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
5546 posts
6074 upvotes
GTA
ths333 wrote: Correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t it be best to buy the gift cards from SDM using the PC Financial MC CC because of their 45 pts per $1 earn? So you get an extra 4,500 pts per $100 spend?
You receive 15 points with any form of payment (after scanning your PCO card) at SDM

Edit: except for items that are on the excluded list (ie. Gift Cards etc)

Yes, 30 points when you pay with PC Financial WE.
Last edited by mzmoney on Jan 25th, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1828 posts
357 upvotes
Barrie
Leverage wrote: Heads up for anyone stocking up on Apple for a device purchase: by paying with GCs (at a 15% discount per this deal) you're giving up the extended protection warranty available with a lot of credit cards. (I use my Tangerine MC for this)

If you haven't heard of it, it's a free insurance where your credit card company extends the manufacturer's warranty by an extra year on the condition that you charge the full device purchase to your credit card. I only vouch for this because I personally used it on a failed motherboard/logic board on month 20 of a MacBook purchase myself, and was fully covered. If you purchase AppleCare, this is moot, though.

The 15% discount up front may offset that benefit for some though, just wanted to spread the info!
Good point. Note that some credit cards don't extend the warranty on refurbs, so if planning to purchase something refurbished from apple this is a good route to go if your card excludes refurb in the terms.
Amex Business Platinum, Personal Platinum, Bonvoy, Aeroplan
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
7529 posts
8284 upvotes
Vancouver
mzmoney wrote: You receive 15 points with any form of payment at SDM when you scan your PCO card * ... extra 30 points when you pay with PC Financial WE.

* PC Financial MC page is misleading
Though not for buying gift cards.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
5546 posts
6074 upvotes
GTA
newfbc wrote: Though not for buying gift cards.

Ron.
Hi Ron! Oh, yes no PCO points for buying GCs when you scan your PCO card.

So, I am guessing one would only receive 30 points when they pay with PC WE MC?

I will edit my previous posting!
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2909 posts
610 upvotes
so is this confirmed to basically be a 500$ // 75k max per account offer?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1271 posts
1795 upvotes
Toronto
nielkfj wrote: Does anyone know, if I buy one of these gift cards from an Esso or Mobil convenience store, will the purchase qualify for this offer?
No, your purchase will not qualify. Only grocery stores or SDM
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1271 posts
1795 upvotes
Toronto
westnylefx wrote: so is this confirmed to basically be a 500$ // 75k max per account offer?
Fine print says max $500, more than half the posters agree, there’s a couple ones that say no cap.

Self checkouts at the grocery stores are your best bet at this point to find out, please report back if you try it and succeed at more than the max stated.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2014
1008 posts
711 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Catalina26 wrote: Fine print says max $500, more than half the posters agree, there’s a couple ones that say no cap.

Self checkouts at the grocery stores are your best bet at this point to find out, please report back if you try it and succeed at more than the max stated.
So what if I have two accounts linked to my family optimum? Can one account buy$500 and another $500 and be fine? Or since they are linked that’s no go?

They are different account numbers…just shared points
Nov 24, 2021
174 posts
116 upvotes
Calgary
Catalina26 wrote: No, your purchase will not qualify. Only grocery stores or SDM
Thanks.

Ya, I confirmed it myself also on the Esso FAQ page:
https://www.esso.ca/en-ca/pc-optimum-faq

"Will I be able to earn PC Optimum™ points on purchase of gift cards at stations?
No. Points can be earned on almost anything in store; however, gift cards are not included."

Rats!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3656 posts
4272 upvotes
Prince George
Catalina26 wrote: Fine print says max $500, more than half the posters agree, there’s a couple ones that say no cap.

The fine print said max $500 the last couple of times too, but that wasn't being enforced. It wouldn't surprise me if they fix it at some point - now would be a good time, since this is a better offer, 15% back vs 10%.

Personally I would wait to see if anything is different this time around before doing any big spending.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2547 posts
518 upvotes
Montreal
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: The fine print said max $500 the last couple of times too, but that wasn't being enforced. It wouldn't surprise me if they fix it at some point - now would be a good time, since this is a better offer, 15% back vs 10%.

Personally I would wait to see if anything is different this time around before doing any big spending.
The main difference this time is if the offer is tied to the app and it disappears after a single use like the terms say then the system would enforce it by just not having the offer any more for the second transaction.
Jun 7, 2006
539 posts
222 upvotes
i cant find the deal in my app or the local store no frills flyer...
Mar 27, 2022
50 posts
40 upvotes
will8429 wrote: This is targeted, right? Don't see in my app :-(
The offer starts tomorrow Jan 26 per flyer so it's not live yet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)