Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Loblaws

15,000 PCO points for every $100 spent on Apple, Keg, Google Play, Ultimate Dining, PlayStation, Boston Pizza gift cards

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2023 11:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5827 posts
3175 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
xtriawke wrote: Do you remember if the bonus points show at checkout BEFORE paying? I am looking to purchase 2K worth
I purchased at Shoppers Drug Mart every time so I did not see the points immediately but a few weeks later.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2492 posts
2178 upvotes
Niagara, ON
MegaSilver wrote: Just in time for tax season to pay my CRA fines with Google Play
Someone DM'd me this
Hi, was wondering how you can use Google play gift cards to pay taxes. Would you mind enlightening me please? I'd really appreciate it!
Told them:
When they call you to tell you that you have fines, scratch the back off and tell them the codes. Then, go to the store and buy more when they tell you that you still owe more, or the magistrate will arrest you
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2010
1019 posts
802 upvotes
Milton
So there's a $500 limit on Apple GCs, says offer can be used only once. Based on what some folks are saying, it's YMMV though. Any suggestions on where to purchase these so I can tell if I'm getting the points right away? We got SDM, No Frills and Superstore here in Milton.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24609 posts
12672 upvotes
Toronto
PapaQBear wrote: So there's a $500 limit on Apple GCs, says offer can be used only once. Based on what some folks are saying, it's YMMV though. Any suggestions on where to purchase these so I can tell if I'm getting the points right away? We got SDM, No Frills and Superstore here in Milton.
Anywhere but Shoppers Drug Mart. Comes up very plainly on the screen (for cashier's) at grocery stores. You can also see it but can ask "Did I get any bonus points" and they should be able to tell you, BEFORE paying.

If you pay, that defeats the purpose of this option.

If you get a cashier who's dismissive or doesn't want to help, just explain that you are participating in a promotion and you expect to get the points right away. If you aren't, there may be a problem (which is why you're asking).

I wouldn't live and die by this - if you are participating in a promotion, the points don't show, as long as you have the receipt and a copy of the ad, you can always do a missing points inquiry and get the points. It's a hassle but it can be done.
I just don't want people to freak out at the register if they happen to NOT get their points immediately (at grocery stores). This is for the few who want it right away.
Last edited by DaVibe on Jan 24th, 2023 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2010
1019 posts
802 upvotes
Milton
DaVibe wrote: Anywhere but Shoppers Drug Mart. Comes up very plainly on the screen (for cashier's) at grocery stores. You can also see it but can ask "Did I get any bonus points" and they should be able to tell you, BEFORE paying.

If you pay, that defeats the purpose of this option.
Nice thanks!
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24609 posts
12672 upvotes
Toronto
PapaQBear wrote: Nice thanks!
95% of cashier's don't look at the flyer and will just dismiss what you are trying to do. You have to be your own advocate here unfortunately.

This year, during the biggest redemption of the year, I had to tell staff in Cosmetics what I was doing and why. Had no idea there was an event happening (and why I would be spending so much).
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1271 posts
1795 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: 95% of cashier's don't look at the flyer and will just dismiss what you are trying to do. You have to be your own advocate here unfortunately.

This year, during the biggest redemption of the year, I had to tell staff in Cosmetics what I was doing and why. Had no idea there was an event happening (and why I would be spending so much).
This is why self checkout works to your advantage, you can see points/promos before paying. I avoid cashiers at all costs when it comes to me wanting to know if my offers were triggered.
Oct 18, 2022
23 posts
6 upvotes
hill15 wrote: Spotted in the upcoming SDM flyer and should probably be available at all Loblaw banner stores as part of "Points Days" event.

(Loblaws, Zehrs, YIG, Provigo, Atlantic Superstore, Dominion, Loblaws City Market, RCSS, No Frills, Maxi, SDM)

Get 15,000 PC Optimum points for every $100 spent on any combination of Apple Gift Card, The Keg, Google Play, Ultimate Dining Card, PlayStation, and Boston Pizza (Jan. 26 to Feb. 1)
Looks like we can only buy $500 per brand. One transaction only?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1271 posts
1795 upvotes
Toronto
rftwentynine wrote: Looks like we can only buy $500 per brand. One transaction only?
Someone above mentioned they have always purchased more than what the fine print says at SDM.

At the grocery stores, points show on screen before paying, give it a try. Or sign up a significant other with a card to be safe
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2015
1026 posts
1129 upvotes
rftwentynine wrote: Looks like we can only buy $500 per brand. One transaction only?
It should be an offer in your accounting starting Thursday. One purchase only total, $500 max
Nov 18, 2008
477 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Catalina26 wrote: This is why self checkout works to your advantage, you can see points/promos before paying. I avoid cashiers at all costs when it comes to me wanting to know if my offers were triggered.
Are you actually able to buy gift cards through self checkout?
Dec 2, 2008
808 posts
327 upvotes
FYI, the fine print on the second image

*Apple Gift Card and Google Play gift card parchosen are subject to a $500 limit per brand in a single transaction. Offer expires after ONE use and cannot be used on subsequent transactions.
Ofter valid in store only. Subjact to availability; selection may vary by store. We reserve the right to limit quantities
See gift card for details, terms & conditions. Offer applies to every $100 spent on any combination of Apple Gift Cord, The Keg. Google Play, Ultimate Dining Card Swas Chalet. Harvey's, PlayStation, and Boston Pizza cards in a single transaction. Cannot be combined with any other gilt card offers. Not valid on prior purchases.
Last edited by canadian gal on Jan 24th, 2023 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1271 posts
1795 upvotes
Toronto
jkhan wrote: Are you actually able to buy gift cards through self checkout?
Yes, I buy them at Loblaws all the time. I pick self checkout because I separate the transactions.
Nov 18, 2008
477 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Catalina26 wrote: Yes, I buy them at Loblaws all the time. I pick self checkout because I separate the transactions.
Great, is it only at Loblaws? Can you do that at No Frills/Shoppers/etc.?
Mar 28, 2017
80 posts
61 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Heads up for anyone stocking up on Apple for a device purchase: by paying with GCs (at a 15% discount per this deal) you're giving up the extended protection warranty available with a lot of credit cards. (I use my Tangerine MC for this)

If you haven't heard of it, it's a free insurance where your credit card company extends the manufacturer's warranty by an extra year on the condition that you charge the full device purchase to your credit card. I only vouch for this because I personally used it on a failed motherboard/logic board on month 20 of a MacBook purchase myself, and was fully covered. If you purchase AppleCare, this is moot, though.

The 15% discount up front may offset that benefit for some though, just wanted to spread the info!
Did they remove this feature, I do not see it on their sign up page anymore. Only has Mobile Device Insurance but not the warranty extension.

https://www.tangerine.ca/en/products/sp ... card/world
Mar 23, 2005
714 posts
288 upvotes
Montreal
I pay for a YouTube premium family membership plan and this helps a little. Bought similar deal last year and it was painless. Just a heads up, if you do google play opinion rewards, it will prioritize using up those rewards first since they expire. I get about 3 months free per year after combining 2x$100 gift cards + opinion rewards so not too shabby
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
6001 posts
1441 upvotes
GTA
Can you redeem this GC promo using PCO and get 15K PCO back?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1271 posts
1795 upvotes
Toronto
jkhan wrote: Great, is it only at Loblaws? Can you do that at No Frills/Shoppers/etc.?
I imagine all stores, except at SDM points are not instant.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1271 posts
1795 upvotes
Toronto
LongLiveRFD wrote: Can you redeem this GC promo using PCO and get 15K PCO back?
Redeem points? No you cannot redeem points for GCs
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2014
1116 posts
1040 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Damn I already ordered the M2 Pro Mac Mini last week. If there's no $500 limit, then I can re-order and get $300 back from $2000 in cards which is hot, otherwise $75 back from $500 probably not worth the time to return and everything.