Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Loblaws

15,000 PCO points for every $100 spent on Apple, Keg, Google Play, Ultimate Dining, PlayStation, Boston Pizza gift cards

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2023 11:45 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2944 posts
5033 upvotes
Atlantic
jrcrmr wrote: ... That's not the same thing. The accurate thing to say is that you can use your google play account to pay for subscriptions. Not "transferring" it to Google pay. It's not the same thing, as others have pointed out.
k8cheapsk8 wrote: Actually you CAN redeem a Google Play giftcard to your Google Pay account and use it for subscriptions to Nest, Google One and Youtube!
Can you guys explain this? I have a Google Play balance but when I go to checkout with a Nest Aware subscription, I don't see it as an available payment method. I only see credit cards available.
Mar 18, 2019
262 posts
360 upvotes
EasyCompany251 wrote: Can you guys explain this? I have a Google Play balance but when I go to checkout with a Nest Aware subscription, I don't see it as an available payment method. I only see credit cards available.
I'll refer to the other guy specifically for nest aware. I'm currently paying some level 2 subscription and Google one subscription with my Google play balance but I don't have nest
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2944 posts
5033 upvotes
Atlantic
Offer also available at No Frills.

Any idea as to how many times you can claim this offer? Is it a max of $500/transaction?
Apr 19, 2013
188 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
EasyCompany251 wrote: Offer also available at No Frills.

Any idea as to how many times you can claim this offer? Is it a max of $500/transaction?
Fine print states limit of $500 for Apple and Google play gift cards in a single transaction.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2944 posts
5033 upvotes
Atlantic
starman85 wrote: Fine print states limit of $500 for Apple and Google play gift cards in a single transaction.
Yes but can you do multiple $500 transactions and still get the points?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2944 posts
5033 upvotes
Atlantic
EasyCompany251 wrote: Can you guys explain this? I have a Google Play balance but when I go to checkout with a Nest Aware subscription, I don't see it as an available payment method. I only see credit cards available.
Figured it out finally. Unbelievable stupidity from Google.

You need to use a Android device to be able to pay the Nest Aware subscription with a Google Play balance.

This option wasn't available when I tried it on the web and also on my Apple device but was available on an android device (old OnePlus 3 that I previously used)

Idea/solution came from: https://community.stadia.com/t5/Payment ... /m-p/48449
Last edited by EasyCompany251 on Jan 24th, 2023 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 19, 2013
188 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
EasyCompany251 wrote: Yes but can you do multiple $500 transactions and still get the points?
Not sure. From the fine print, I understand that you only get points for the first $500 spent and not on subsequent transactions. This only seem to apply to Apple and Google play gift cards. I guess we'll find out when somebody purchases multiple $500 gift cards and report back to see if they received the additional points.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2021
1304 posts
510 upvotes
Just to confirm, you can see the bonus points right away before purchase if you buy from Superstore?

And you can do this at self-checkout?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1923 posts
408 upvotes
Vancouver
pprider wrote: Just to confirm, you can see the bonus points right away before purchase if you buy from Superstore?

And you can do this at self-checkout?
Yes and yes based on past experience.
Apr 28, 2012
153 posts
115 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Rookie question: Can I use Apple gift cards for the full purchase price of a device, including taxes? So if I'm spending $1,003 tax-included at the Education store, I should be able to use 2x$500 Apple gift cards, and put the remaining $3 on my credit card?
Mar 18, 2019
262 posts
360 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Not SDM, not without cashier assistance.
I don't know about all SDMs...but the SDMs in our area show the bonus points before checking out on the self checkouts....so YMMV?
flamingotripod wrote: Shoppers seems the best to get gc's since they take Amex no?
Only place I go for PC optimum stuff is shoppers for this reason. Amex is so much better for points.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12513 posts
15668 upvotes
flamingotripod wrote: Shoppers seems the best to get gc's since they take Amex no?
The best place to get giftcards would depend on the type of credit card you have. If you have one of those credit cards that pay 4% or 5% cash back on grocery purchases, the best places would be Superstore or No Frills because they count as grocery stores. SDM don't count as grocery stores.
Have a nice day!

Jul 5, 2006
64 posts
23 upvotes
codemaker wrote: The Apple Gift Cards that you buy can be added to your Apple ID balance (Apple App Store balance). When Disney+ renews, the amount will be taken from your Apple App Store balance.
Can also pay for Disney+ through your Google account for those without an Apple device/account.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24609 posts
12672 upvotes
Toronto
jrcrmr wrote: I don't know about all SDMs...but the SDMs in our area show the bonus points before checking out on the self checkouts....so YMMV?

Only place I go for PC optimum stuff is shoppers for this reason. Amex is so much better for points.
I'm talking about purchasing gift cards at self checkouts
Yes, points will even show up on SDM tills but it's not like it is at RCSS / No Frills IMO.

For the sake of RFD, recommending grocery stores over SDM for viewing points on the register.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3656 posts
4272 upvotes
Prince George
DaVibe wrote: I'm talking about purchasing gift cards at self checkouts
Yes, points will even show up on SDM tills but it's not like it is at RCSS / No Frills IMO.

For the sake of RFD, recommending grocery stores over SDM for viewing points on the register.
Can confirm, last time I bought GCs at SDM (cashier, not self checkout) it showed a completely wrong amount of points on the screen lol. The correct amount was on the receipt though.
Mar 18, 2019
262 posts
360 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: I'm talking about purchasing gift cards at self checkouts

Ah gotcha.. Crap then. I'd go to Loblaws but they don't accept amex so screw them :) old school cashier it is!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1299 posts
1115 upvotes
Friendly PSA: Remember you can only load up $2k to your Apple ID balance.
-
Apr 23, 2016
164 posts
114 upvotes
Ottawa and Montreal
Offer will also be available at Provigo starting Thursday (page 6 of the flyer).

Could not find it in the Maxi flyer.