Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Loblaws

15,000 PCO points for every $100 spent on Apple, Keg, Google Play, Ultimate Dining, PlayStation, Boston Pizza gift cards

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2023 11:45 pm
Apr 20, 2021
500 posts
698 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote: The best place to get giftcards would depend on the type of credit card you have. If you have one of those credit cards that pay 4% or 5% cash back on grocery purchases, the best places would be Superstore or No Frills because they count as grocery stores. SDM don't count as grocery stores.
Which cards give you 4 or 5% cash back on groceries?
Feb 9, 2020
29 posts
2 upvotes
Smh
I just received M2 MacBook Pro today it was $3200
I am highly debating to return this order and get apple gift card and reorder the MacBook
It’s highly unlikely that I can put all PCO points on one card? Or is there way to make multiple PCO account under one name?

$500x 6 cards = $450 in PCO
$200x1 card - $30 in PCO
If I can get $480 in one account of PCO I would choose this over visa extended one year warranty.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2015
1026 posts
1129 upvotes
Excitations wrote: Which cards give you 4 or 5% cash back on groceries?
CIBC Dividend Infinite
Scotiabank Momentum Visa Infinite
Amex Cobalt
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2021
1304 posts
510 upvotes
LDN2012 wrote: Friendly PSA: Remember you can only load up $2k to your Apple ID balance.
What happens if you have $1800 balance and try to load $500?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2015
1026 posts
1129 upvotes
pprider wrote: What happens if you have $1800 balance and try to load $500?
Won't load at all, but you can pay with Balance + 8 gift cards + credit card in 1 transaction
Jul 8, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
bobsinghsk wrote: Smh
I just received M2 MacBook Pro today it was $3200
I am highly debating to return this order and get apple gift card and reorder the MacBook
It’s highly unlikely that I can put all PCO points on one card? Or is there way to make multiple PCO account under one name?

$500x 6 cards = $450 in PCO
$200x1 card - $30 in PCO
If I can get $480 in one account of PCO I would choose this over visa extended one year warranty.
Make sense to use this offer. AppleCare for MacBook Pro is about <$300 if I recall correctly. $480 in extended warranty seems too much.
Jun 12, 2010
829 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
Which of these retailers in BC will accept Cobalt?
Feb 1, 2022
516 posts
541 upvotes
codemaker wrote: So it sounds like you are paying Disney directly. Adding gift cards to your Apple App Store balance will not help you, unless you cancel your current subscription and re-sign up through iPhone Settings > Your Name > Subscriptions > Disney+
Thanks for your help, I don't mind cancelling but I don't see any option to re-signup through iPhone Settings. Only one subscription shows up there with no option to add more. Have the Disney+ app. Might have to research as I have a lot of Apple GC laying around and pay for Crave, Disney+ with a credit card.
Feb 1, 2022
516 posts
541 upvotes
If you redeem your Apple Canada GC Balance to Apple ID, can it be used in the U.S to make purchases there or just Canada?
Jun 12, 2020
405 posts
233 upvotes
pprider wrote: What happens if you have $1800 balance and try to load $500?
Spend $300+ from your balance, load the $500, and cancel your $300+ order, the money will go back to you balance and you now have $2300+
Oct 3, 2019
249 posts
218 upvotes
wiffle wrote: Which of these retailers in BC will accept Cobalt?
There is another great cc for grocery store that don't accept AMEX, like RCSS and NF.

It's MBNA Rewards WEMC. It's a Mastercard that give 5% back in points for grocery purchase.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2909 posts
610 upvotes
i thought it was max 500$ on this offer anyways

or has it worked in the past to just do multiple transactions of 500$ for the 75k points :P?

ohhh and do they charge tax on the apple gift card? i always wondered that, or is it 500$ flat and you get the 75k in points
Feb 9, 2020
29 posts
2 upvotes
pierrefrom0rleans wrote: They have Apple cards where you can put $500.

The only hiccup is that you may need 4 Optimum accounts since the deal usually limits you to $500 of points and then disappears. I have heard it both ways so YMMV.

You can add them directly to your Apple account right after you pay. Although there might be a lag for it to activate the card.
Great idea!
Do I need to get the new PCO cards from the store? I tried making a new account online but it needs the card# to be linked in. also I wonder if I register all new PCO cards in my name than fake names? lol
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2918 posts
2947 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
wiffle wrote: Which of these retailers in BC will accept Cobalt?
no, just go buy prepaid VISA/MC at Safeway or Save on Foods and use those cards to buy Apple GC at RCSS or Loblaws banners. It's becoming my monthly exercise in the last 3 years.

You know how much value Aeroplan is to me?

For 90000 points + $1200 I can fly back to Asia comfortably in business class which would originally cost me at least $8000 in cash (or $10000 in the summer).
Last edited by naticom on Jan 25th, 2023 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 9, 2020
29 posts
2 upvotes
pierrefrom0rleans wrote: Read their terms of service or contact Optimum. I don't know if it is against the rules for one person to have more than one personal account.

Theoretically, different people in the same house can have accounts so I'd you want to be safe just use a unique email and different first name for each.
If this is TRUE
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24609 posts
12672 upvotes
Toronto
sunz081 wrote: 15000 = 15$ worth right
Correct but for those who deal with gift cards, I think most would look at it as a "15%" savings on $100 with these retailers.
And 15,000 Optimum Points is in fact "$15" ($10 per 10,000) however, with many bonus redemption opportunities (at higher levels) this may be a part of a larger plan to increase it from $15 to something higher.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24609 posts
12672 upvotes
Toronto
bobsinghsk wrote: If this is TRUE
I just answered your question, why do you keep on with this? Do yourself a favour and read the terms, before Optimum closes ALL of your accounts and removes the points. And they will.

It's 1 account per person. You have different family members who may shop with Optimum branded stores? Great, get them to sign up. Maybe you have them participate in the promo for you and you can work something out amongst your immediate family.

1 account per person. You have to think, what if there's an issue that requires you to verify the account? Verify your identity? What if you are called out on your multiple accounts? What are you going to do then?

It's in the terms. It's not allowed. Please stop suggesting this.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares