Expired Hot Deals

[Loblaws & Amazon] Kicking Horse Coffee whole bean $9.99 Lb

  • Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2019 11:40 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2007
4184 posts
4872 upvotes
GTA

[Loblaws & Amazon] Kicking Horse Coffee whole bean $9.99 Lb

Deal Link:
Price:
$9.99
Expiry:
May 25, 2019
Yup, Kicking Horse whole bean is back on sale at Loblaws and Amazon for $9.99 LB. Only until Saturday at Loblaws, Amazon usually follows suit.

On sale so often, it seems like the "regular"price of $16-17 a pound is an anomaly
Images
  • kicking.PNG
Last edited by Kfox on May 25th, 2019 12:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
33 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2007
4184 posts
4872 upvotes
GTA
I have an offer for 1800pts on $9 spend.....now I have to go into Loblaws on a Saturday...frack!
Sr. Member
Mar 25, 2009
957 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Already stocked up when it was $8.88 at Metro a few weeks ago.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5042 posts
1758 upvotes
Ottawa
I got a medium roast for $23 1kg on Amazon, I worried about dark roast is too oily for my machine
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1584 posts
1190 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
Kfox wrote: I have an offer for 1800pts on $9 spend.....now I have to go into Loblaws on a Saturday...frack!
I had the same offer & bought 10 bags to maximize the deal. ;)
(11 * 1800 points)
Net cost $8.02/bag
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 18, 2017
645 posts
899 upvotes
Vancouver
Unless you're going through a bag every few days, those beans are gonna be stale by the time you're anywhere close to halfway done.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 31, 2006
846 posts
627 upvotes
Norilsk
mcfrugal wrote: Thanks OP. Already stocked up when it was $8.88 at Metro a few weeks ago.
The recurring eight o'clock deal at metro is good too. Make your own blend of both brands when grinding!
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
5828 posts
2195 upvotes
GTEH!
Thanks OP. Going to try the PC Dark Roast K-cups. $9.99 for 30 = $0.33/K-cup. Not bad.
😎
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2003
4743 posts
6792 upvotes
Vancouver
Interestingly, almost no Medium blands on sale this time... Maybe they overburned a butch...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2007
4184 posts
4872 upvotes
GTA
love2save wrote: I had the same offer & bought 10 bags to maximize the deal. ;)
(11 * 1800 points)
Net cost $8.02/bag
kaiseki wrote: Unless you're going through a bag every few days, those beans are gonna be stale by the time you're anywhere close to halfway done.
The bags are thick plastic, well sealed....just keep them cool.....using one bag a week, the 10th bag will be fine in 2.5 months.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1055 posts
355 upvotes
Fraser Valley
I've only tried Kicking horse coffee once and it was terrible. I don't know if the coffee was rancid or it was supposed to taste like that.
Sr. Member
Oct 2, 2007
747 posts
263 upvotes
Montreal
Is it me or the decaf never goes on sale? I've been awaiting to get it as I heard it's one of the best... Anyone seen it before? On top of that, my Metro doesn't carry the decaf...
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2007
4184 posts
4872 upvotes
GTA
alexricher wrote: Is it me or the decaf never goes on sale? I've been awaiting to get it as I heard it's one of the best... Anyone seen it before? On top of that, my Metro doesn't carry the decaf...
When Loblaws has the sale it includes all varieties AFAIK
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2014
2829 posts
2144 upvotes
Toronto, ON
alexricher wrote: Is it me or the decaf never goes on sale? I've been awaiting to get it as I heard it's one of the best... Anyone seen it before? On top of that, my Metro doesn't carry the decaf...
I do like the KH Decaf. Checking my Amazoink history, I got it on sale for $12.99 in Jan. 2018, and $12.99 July 2017. So probably regular price every other time I needed decaf.

Here's one I like even better than KH. It's dark but not oily, roasty, malty, with solid body and flavour, and (to me anyway) reeeally tasty. It was on sale for $10.99 two weeks ago, back to $15.99 now but worth watching for a sale: Level Ground decaf dark-roast whole-bean coffee, 454 Gram
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B016FN ... UTF8&psc=1
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 18, 2017
645 posts
899 upvotes
Vancouver
Kfox wrote: The bags are thick plastic, well sealed....just keep them cool.....using one bag a week, the 10th bag will be fine in 2.5 months.
That's not how it works, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2007
4184 posts
4872 upvotes
GTA
kaiseki wrote: That's not how it works, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.
LOL
Newbie
Mar 31, 2019
24 posts
10 upvotes
kaiseki wrote: Unless you're going through a bag every few days, those beans are gonna be stale by the time you're anywhere close to halfway done.
just keep them in the freezer
Sr. Member
Oct 2, 2007
747 posts
263 upvotes
Montreal
OakAged wrote: I do like the KH Decaf. Checking my Amazoink history, I got it on sale for $12.99 in Jan. 2018, and $12.99 July 2017. So probably regular price every other time I needed decaf.

Here's one I like even better than KH. It's dark but not oily, roasty, malty, with solid body and flavour, and (to me anyway) reeeally tasty. It was on sale for $10.99 two weeks ago, back to $15.99 now but worth watching for a sale: Level Ground decaf dark-roast whole-bean coffee, 454 Gram
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B016FN ... UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the share! I'm also on that quest of finding a good decaf. Looking at your history, the decaf is on sale once a year. I'm now monitoring the price of your suggestion until it drops at 10.99$ so I can get a few bags. It'll be a nice change from Costco's decaf. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Sr. Member
Mar 4, 2007
663 posts
621 upvotes
Halifax
I honestly don't get the big deal over Kicking Horse. I've tried every blend (I worked at a ski lodge and that was our house coffee) and I thought it was meh every single time I tried it.
Newbie
Apr 4, 2019
48 posts
107 upvotes
Thanks. Bought 4 dark roasts with optimum offer at 8.19 a bag! Tastes better and cheaper than Starbucks. Keeps just fine in the pantry for a few months.

Top