• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2020 2:18 pm
[OP]
Mar 15, 2011
41 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto

[Loblaws] Ardent Mills All-purpose flour 10kg $5.99 YMMV

Empress Walk location has 10kg "hotel and restaurant" all-purpose flour for $5.99. Stock up for wave 2!

Located at the back of the store near milk, and at the end of one of the shorter aisles near baking needs.
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 2nd, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field wasn't linking properly
6 replies
Feb 8, 2007
101 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
What's this flour like? I haven't used it before
[OP]
Mar 15, 2011
41 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Bushmonkey wrote: What's this flour like? I haven't used it before
I've never used it before and don't know what makes hotel and restaurant flour labelled as such. Just saw it. Sorry.
Feb 8, 2007
101 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Abanana wrote: I've never used it before and don't know what makes hotel and restaurant flour labelled as such. Just saw it. Sorry.
No offense taken, just curious if it's higher gluten content or something. Appreciate the effort and that its still pretty cheap for 10kg!
Nov 1, 2014
5 posts
1 upvote
Kitchener, ON
Same price of $5.99 in Kitchener Zehrs at the HiWay Centre. Bought one yesterday for the same reason of stocking up for wave 2!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2430 posts
1482 upvotes
GTA
Sat this at Bayview and High tech location this morning for same price. It was located right as you enter the store on the left.
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Jul 15, 2009
489 posts
1010 upvotes
Toronto
Abanana wrote: don't know what makes hotel and restaurant flour labelled as such.
Found this discussion, which suggests there is no difference. It's just packaged differently (larger bags) and called H&R to better target the food service industry. Likely they sell this H&R slightly cheaper through different distribution channels and the distinct labeling is to be able to keep the markup on retail products without competing against themselves (and honoring lowest price guarantees with specific retailers).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)