Expired Hot Deals

Loblaws

DEAL DEAD?? PC Smokin' Stampede pork back ribs 0.99c ! (after member pricing 6.99 + 6000 pc points back) till May 26

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2021 11:11 am
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3106 posts
2003 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: i remember this one, I had over 100 burgers at one point, used a pickup promo too and got paid to take them all.
Well done, managed to get about 10 or 8 packs of 8. Only so much space in freezer. Still remember somehow of an awkward look from cashier when checking out. Good times, one for RFD deals Hall Of Fame.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1751 posts
3801 upvotes
Mississauga
Looks like I got two offers. I wonder if it will stack so pay 6.99 and get back 8,200 points back?
Images
  • B8EF0149-B36D-4EF4-B9DC-21845874A84E.png
  • 8DF6E68D-E988-4F81-ADD8-6C13D4474C8A.png
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
6418 posts
6004 upvotes
Vancouver
jetertmac wrote: Looks like I got two offers. I wonder if it will stack so pay 6.99 and get back 8,200 points back?
How are you going to pay $6.99? The 680g pack of ribs are not that price ANYWHERE.

Ron.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1895 posts
4120 upvotes
Imagine retailers used RFD to figure out typos and coupon errors.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1515 posts
580 upvotes
GTA
xxxibgdrgn wrote: Technically
Buy it at
6.99 * 1.13 = 7.8987
And get 6000 PC points
No tax on frozen food.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1751 posts
3801 upvotes
Mississauga
newfbc wrote: How are you going to pay $6.99? The 680g pack of ribs are not that price ANYWHERE.

Ron.
Ah, I didn't notice the size. Thanks for the clarification Ron
Jul 22, 2020
43 posts
23 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: lol oh well, it was a great deal and thanks for posting, just didnt work out this time. on to the next deal!
EXACTLY!! The sneaky basters purposely post ahead of time and waiting for RFDer to point out if any bugs on it, and quickly fix them. BEFORE officially post.
How sneaky it is !!!
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3517 posts
3535 upvotes
Ontario
Moorec2k wrote: EXACTLY!! The sneaky basters purposely post ahead of time and waiting for RFDer to point out if any bugs on it, and quickly fix them. BEFORE officially post.
How sneaky it is !!!
We are their quality control and software testers working for free too.

There are always bugs and many won't be reported here because Loblaws does monitor these threads. If you find a loophole, best to keep to yourself.

However, some of their regular promos are really good when stacked with coupons (like last week's IOGO offer). These are not shutdown because the coupons don't cost Loblaws anything and the bonus offers are sponsored by suppliers themselves. I read that suppliers purchase points from Loblaws to sponsor promos on their own products.

But this offer on PC Ribs is Loblaws sponsored. You can bet it was shut down quick.
Last edited by kiiaal on May 20th, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 22, 2020
43 posts
23 upvotes
ajdeals wrote: He's trying to point out (pay attention to several comments above) that the stacking of the offers is toast .. they changed the offer in the app.
Loblaw getting smarter, Lol, after rfder all in the coffee machine, McCain fries, toothpaste, etc... bug price changed before the official post. leave IT to have time to fix it.
Jul 22, 2020
43 posts
23 upvotes
kiiaal wrote: We are their quality control and software testers working for free too.

There are always bugs and many won't be reported here because SDM does monitor these threads. If you find a loophole, best to keep to yourself.
all in the bug price, before going back home post on rfd, Lol
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1306 posts
543 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: it was a deal about an hour ago when the app showed the deal for 6000 points was for "500g-680g", but they must have caught it and changed it to say only 680g, essentially killing the deal.
Maybe someone called head office to ask for confirmation of the deal and the size, so they caught their error and fixed it.
Banned
Oct 8, 2020
606 posts
493 upvotes
PCO promos have been so lame I rarely even show my card anymore.
- - - > Life is a waste of time.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
6207 posts
3981 upvotes
Toronto
riseagainstthemachine wrote: i remember this one, I had over 100 burgers at one point, used a pickup promo too and got paid to take them all.
Those who don't believe this is possible are those who have never experienced the sweet taste of an erroneous deal.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3414 posts
2376 upvotes
shikotee wrote: Those who don't believe this is possible are those who have never experienced the sweet taste of an erroneous deal.
nothing like walking out of a store and getting paid to take a cart load of groceries, its a rush
Got that FIDO account!
Got that ZOOMER account!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2247 posts
1615 upvotes
Moorec2k wrote: Loblaw getting smarter, Lol, after rfder all in the coffee machine, McCain fries, toothpaste, etc... bug price changed before the official post. leave IT to have time to fix it.
always the risk of a posted apology at the entrance correcting a price error. They got loads of opportunites to fix these
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5822 posts
7431 upvotes
Even Loblaws doesn't change the requirement, once you post it, not many people will be able to use the offer.

(1) With my past experience, this is high demanding product (especially the honey one), even without the offer, customers will clear the shelf during the weekend
(2) Even there is stock left on Tuesday, it won't be many (unless Loblaws intentionally reserves the stock, but I really doubt it). With the limit of 10, probably one or two people will clear the shelf.

Next time, I suggest you keep this secret for yourself until you are able to get it, then you come back to post the deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2394 posts
2405 upvotes
lcmt wrote: Even Loblaws doesn't change the requirement, once you post it, not many people will be able to use the offer.

(1) With my past experience, this is high demanding product (especially the honey one), even without the offer, customers will clear the shelf during the weekend
(2) Even there is stock left on Tuesday, it won't be many (unless Loblaws intentionally reserves the stock, but I really doubt it). With the limit of 10, probably one or two people will clear the shelf.

Next time, I suggest you keep this secret for yourself until you are able to get it, then you come back to post the deal.
Yes, normally I would agree with you. But, in this case, this was hardly a secret. As soon as I saw my PC app offering me 6000 pts for the ribs, I quickly went to flipp app and did a search for ribs. That's when the member pricing of these ribs popped up.

Tons of RFD'ers on here are a lot more resourceful than I am, and I'm very certain that this deal would not stay secret for very long. Especially for 4 days. The cat will be out of the bag long then, until eventually someone will blabb about on the hot deals section.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5822 posts
7431 upvotes
We are human. We can learn by mistakes. I believe many other Rfd'ers will not make the same mistake again. Posting a deal in advance has no problem, but if the deal apparently is an error, then it is better to postpone it until some people can take advantage of it. Besides, I believe some Rfd'ers are Loblaws employees. They are probably will report this to upper management and earn loyalty credit for the company.

By the way, I don't want to wait for the deal as I have the 2200 points offer and I only want the honey one. The shelf has about 30 boxes of each flavor. I believe it will be OOS (at least my Loblaws location) after the weekend.

For the Lobster offer, I bought that too. It is not that bad. It is 4 pieces, but only 2 tails. However, the tail is the big one, not the small one. Nonetheless, I definitely won't buy it for $18.99.
Allen84 wrote: Yes, normally I would agree with you. But, in this case, this was hardly a secret. As soon as I saw my PC app offering me 6000 pts for the ribs, I quickly went to flipp app and did a search for ribs. That's when the member pricing of these ribs popped up.

Tons of RFD'ers on here are a lot more resourceful than I am, and I'm very certain that this deal would not stay secret for very long. Especially for 4 days. The cat will be out of the bag long then, until eventually someone will blabb about on the hot deals section.