Expired Hot Deals

Loblaws

FREE Cavendish Restaurant Style Waffle Fries (after printed coupon for PCO members)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2021 7:14 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4468 posts
5442 upvotes
GTA
blindemboss wrote: Bought one at 1.99 and used coupon for free waffle fries.

I couldn’t bring myself to walking out without paying for something.
instead donate a few bucks next time to whatever charity Loblaws is canvassing for at checkout

Loblaw profits were $688 million for first 6 months of 2021, I think they can afford to give away fries
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7768 posts
3774 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Will pick this up together with free milk and frozen veggie tmr.

Meanwhile guy in front of me uses 8 coupons for 8 free bags.

Thanks OP.
It is all just self conscious. There is no fundamental right or wrong about this.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4468 posts
5442 upvotes
GTA
Picked up a couple bags on the weekend. Tried them out, they're tasty.

Went back for a couple more tonight but sold out......got 2 separate rainchecks from customer service counter, good for 30 days.
Feb 5, 2020
81 posts
86 upvotes
Kfox wrote: Picked up a couple bags on the weekend. Tried them out, they're tasty.

Went back for a couple more tonight but sold out......got 2 separate rainchecks from customer service counter, good for 30 days.
Can you raincheck the PCO price?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4468 posts
5442 upvotes
GTA
Mouchie wrote: Can you raincheck the PCO price?
yes, without resistance.

Best you take your phone with you so that you can show them the item on website as it doesn't show the waffle variety in the flyer
Last edited by Kfox on Sep 14th, 2021 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 5, 2020
81 posts
86 upvotes
Kfox wrote: yes, without resistance
Thank you. Wish I remembered I could raincheck yesterday when they were out of stock.
Jan 19, 2017
632 posts
1048 upvotes

Thanks OP.
I am sure Loblaws corporation is wiping their tears away with their record profits. Really weird take, Corporations are around for nothing other than making money.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
6811 posts
11346 upvotes
Montreal

Thanks OP.
To make you feel better the next time you use a coupon instead of cash, think about it this way: somebody paid for your waffle fries; Cavendish will pay Loblaws. :)
Sep 24, 2019
238 posts
490 upvotes
Toronto

Manufacturers reimburse retailers for the value of the coupon PLUS a handling fee for the admin work. The retailers basically have to show that they’ve ordered more inventory than the amount of coupons they’re claiming for. It’s a slight hassle on the cashier end but at the end of the day, the coupons are fully reimbursed plus some and they draw customers into the store.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7768 posts
3774 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Kfox wrote: instead donate a few bucks next time to whatever charity Loblaws is canvassing for at checkout

Loblaw profits were $688 million for first 6 months of 2021, I think they can afford to give away fries
They didnt give away free fries, they get paid from manufacture for the coupon.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Apr 26, 2010
318 posts
197 upvotes
Vancouver
has anyone try price matching the PC deal at superstore/no frills?

checked my local independant store and don't have the waffle fries
Feb 5, 2020
81 posts
86 upvotes
Kfox wrote: yes, without resistance.

Best you take your phone with you so that you can show them the item on website as it doesn't show the waffle variety in the flyer
Tried rainchecking PC price and was met with resistance. I asked customer service if she could confirm they don't raincheck PC deals with the manager and she then said the manager will make an exception but only for 2 bags and they usually don't.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4468 posts
5442 upvotes
GTA
Mouchie wrote: Tried rainchecking PC price and was met with resistance. I asked customer service if she could confirm they don't raincheck PC deals with the manager and she then said the manager will make an exception but only for 2 bags and they usually don't.
Never had a problem rainchecking PCO deals at Forest Hill location