Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Loblaws

[GTA] YMMV zucchini @ $0.19 per lb & cauliflower large @ 1.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 3:02 am
Jun 2, 2019
45 posts
122 upvotes

[Loblaws] [GTA] YMMV zucchini @ $0.19 per lb & cauliflower large @ 1.99

Saw zucchinis at Loblaws today (Empress Walk - 5095 Yonge) for $0.19 per lb. Seems like a good deal, esp when there's a crowd around it. Other grocers are selling for at least $1 according to Flipp.
The cauliflower is on sale as well, but you see that price occasionally.
Images
  • zucchini.png
8 replies
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7025 upvotes
GTA North
At that price, keep the food processor/mandolin and dehydrators running for a few days making zucchini chips. :D

Can anyone else check and feedback on the:

Loblaws @ Bayview Village

Loblaws @ /Bayview/HighTech Rd

Thank you in advance.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
OMG. This is better than growing it myself. The amount of time, fertilizer and water I’ve used, I’ve definitely lost money.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
dpw198 wrote: OMG. This is better than growing it myself. The amount of time, fertilizer and water I’ve used, I’ve definitely lost money.
Really depends on what the quality of these is. $0.19/lb is like 95% off what they're selling them for here ($1.98/lb) which makes me wonder what they look like.
Jun 2, 2019
45 posts
122 upvotes
@chemicalxv they are smaller than usual which is maybe why the price is lower. Each zucchini is an ok portion for one person (had one for dinner). And if not, just buy a whole bunch to combine.
Jan 13, 2013
417 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
storyweaverx636826344306553057 wrote: @chemicalxv they are smaller than usual which is maybe why the price is lower. Each zucchini is an ok portion for one person (had one for dinner). And if not, just buy a whole bunch to combine.
I don't think that matters much... a lb of zucchini is a lb of zucchini.
Dec 21, 2012
431 posts
456 upvotes
Cauliflower was $3.49 at Bayview village Loblaw.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1879 upvotes
Scarborough
dpw198 wrote: OMG. This is better than growing it myself. The amount of time, fertilizer and water I’ve used, I’ve definitely lost money.
Zucchini is relatively much cheaper than other vegetables even w/o a sale, so it's not worth bothering trying to grow it yourself.