Expired Hot Deals

[Loblaws] HOT - PC Insiders Annual Membership $49.50 (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2019 9:21 am
Dec 28, 2006
349 posts
439 upvotes
Abbotsford BC
bipster wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 3:49 pm
The delivery is more expensive and I agree the delivery is not worth it, however the click and collect / grocery pickup is the exact same price as in the store, and they drop off your groceries to your car in the parking lot.
It kind of tells you that delivery is really a scam if they can bring it to your car for the same price. That is supposed to be what the delivery fee is for. It is not right even if some people think it is convenient. Paying 10% on a 250 a week grocery bill really adds up. I thought I was a member.
Koodo $40 6gb customer.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4315 posts
1225 upvotes
Winnipeg
camtheman78 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 5:37 am
It kind of tells you that delivery is really a scam if they can bring it to your car for the same price. That is supposed to be what the delivery fee is for. It is not right even if some people think it is convenient. Paying 10% on a 250 a week grocery bill really adds up. I thought I was a member.
Yes it’s probably not worth it for 99% of people... BUT

It’s not a scam it just costs waaaaaaay more for them to buy a vehicle, insure it, insure the employee, pay the employee to drive to your house and spend money on gas to get there. Nothing is free people.
Sep 10, 2017
72 posts
53 upvotes
camtheman78 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 5:37 am
canuckcolehead wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 9:14 am
Yes it’s probably not worth it for 99% of people... BUT

It’s not a scam it just costs waaaaaaay more for them to buy a vehicle, insure it, insure the employee, pay the employee to drive to your house and spend money on gas to get there. Nothing is free people.
I agree. For most of us in RFD it isn't worth paying extra for delivery. In a lot of ways grocery delivery is similar to resturant food delivery, there's a delivery fee plus the prices are generally inflated compared to in-store/resturant, and they generally use a third party delivery company.

I'm fine with delivery costing more, I think the scam is that there are hidden costs in inflated prices that most people won't see. It would be much more fair for the fees to be explicit, like a 10% delivery surcharge + delivery fee so that consumers see how much more they are spending, but of course this won't happen unless they are regulated into doing it since it'll kill the industry.
Mar 21, 2005
193 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary
Neovingian wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 2:00 pm
this may be a longshot for those who still want 50% off an annual membership & don't want to waste time on the phone with loblaws HQ try this code ANETA10
I managed to get the 50% I got it from a random fb discount chat group (can't recall which one), I used it late last night after midnight it I know 3 others who it worked for.
I don't have another optimum account to test this out, if anyone has an unused account see if it still works. It seemed loblaws is shutting codes down. So YMMV
Just signed up using the ANETA10 code. Was always considering using the service, but the offer was good enough to jump in on it. Thanks!
Mar 11, 2011
11 posts
Charlottetown
I just put in this code and it took the discount off but when I clicked save and it went through, it charged me the full amount Pouting Face
Nov 17, 2013
718 posts
112 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Just tried with the below code
It told me the code was valid but where does the discount get applied? It was still showing $99. I assumed it would be applied somewhere down the following steps. Where do i check how much i got charged?
macuis wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 7:39 pm
Just signed up using the ANETA10 code. Was always considering using the service, but the offer was good enough to jump in on it. Thanks!
Jan 2, 2014
449 posts
135 upvotes
vrredflag wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 2:46 pm
Just tried with the below code
It told me the code was valid but where does the discount get applied? It was still showing $99. I assumed it would be applied somewhere down the following steps. Where do i check how much i got charged?
on checkout
Jun 25, 2007
166 posts
33 upvotes
Scarborough
fayya wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 3:24 pm
is there restriction or limitation on the annual travel credit?

Just went to pc travel and see the website states you have to stay over for 3 nights in order to use the $99 credit?
Answering my own question, just called in and the rep told me it has to be 3 nights or more before applying the credit
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14329 posts
5214 upvotes
Gatineau
I'm planning on using my $99 Travel credit for my upcoming travel to Hawaii..

http://www.yyzdeals.com/toronto-to-maui ... 7ogc02yxEQ

Lots of Cheap flights heading out there this Spring. $465 Taxes/Return from Ottawa into Maui, Added in the $99 Travel Credit (plus $14 back in PC Points), its a steal! :)

djino
Sep 28, 2010
67 posts
34 upvotes
southern Ontario
ANETA10 worked for me. 50% off for a total price of $49.50 + HST on checkout!
Jul 10, 2015
55 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, ON
andesco wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 6:27 pm
ANETA10 worked for me. 50% off for a total price of $49.50 + HST on checkout!
Thanks! this worked for me today, 50% off
Aug 2, 2013
10 posts
8 upvotes
Thanks for the person that posted the code ANETA10, it worked for me!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2459 posts
577 upvotes
Has anyone who signed up for this in December received the free gift yet?