Expired Hot Deals

[Loblaws] Insanely hot! 4lb Flat of Tomatoes on the Vine YOW YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2019 10:44 pm
Mar 11, 2018
293 posts
144 upvotes
Rest assured that there currently arent any gmo tomatoes (according to claims by the industry). Back in the day they tried but it got scrapped.
Gmo is mostly in feed for animals. So enjoy your gmo fed rib steaks still on sale this week.
Jun 26, 2008
122 posts
75 upvotes
Upvoting for an excellent deal. Some people are definitely too happy to jump on the 'organic' bandwagon. No reason you can't buy conventionally farmed tomatoes. Organic isn't inherently better, healthier or more environmentally friendly;

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/sc ... riculture/

If you're dead set on organic that's fine, but no reason to crap on the deal (which is hot hot hot)
Last edited by FreeKnight on May 22nd, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1992 posts
1433 upvotes
Markham
lildevilx wrote: And suppose you that awesome and found the the prefect seeds, what stops the bee's from picking up non organic pollen to for your tomatoes? =/
Exactly, it’s a never ending battle so I choose to just give in. I grow my tomatoes in old truck tires, filled with dirt from the dug up from the boulevard grass and watered with grey water from the house. For good measure, I spray some Par 3 to keep my tomato drum weed free.

Not sure if this is healthy, but perhaps with these chemicals I can trigger the next phase of human evolution.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Nov 9, 2013
991 posts
1245 upvotes
Scarborough
angryaudifanatic wrote: If it's not organic I'm not interested. (or grown in a greenhouse).

Thus, this isn't hot.

Organic is the biggest scam since "Extra cheese" topping on pizza.
Jan 29, 2017
108 posts
61 upvotes
ottawa
dropped by after work, they were sold out
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8028 posts
4250 upvotes
ON
FreeKnight wrote: Upvoting for an excellent deal. Some people are definitely too happy to jump on the 'organic' bandwagon. No reason you can't buy conventionally farmed tomatoes. Organic isn't inherently better, healthier or more environmentally friendly;

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/sc ... riculture/

If you're dead set on organic that's fine, but no reason to crap on the deal (which is hot hot hot)
Isn't that how you end up with organic deals ? Crapping on it is the main part in the organic process...
Jun 9, 2015
783 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto, ON
As the deal is unavailable to me, i would at least like to see no frills corn level fighting over it.
Sep 15, 2015
870 posts
821 upvotes
Abbotsford
GMOs or bust. Wish I could buy GMO veges at the nursery