Expired Hot Deals

[Loblaws] Join PC Insiders get 50,000 PCOptimum Points (NO QC) + 50% off code

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 12:57 pm
Sep 28, 2010
755 posts
164 upvotes
Surrey
Customer service is being pretty firm right now will try again later but I was denied but she started an investigation
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
4944 posts
4856 upvotes
Vancouver
I signed up on May 13 using the PAMERS50 code and not only have I not received the 50k points, my PC Insiders account was cancelled twice because they "couldn't charge my credit card". I've got it reinstated but now my card has been double charged (2 x $51.97) and i'm fighting with them to get one of the charges reversed. What a gong show.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
May 6, 2019
20 posts
12 upvotes
North York
I submitted a points inquiry that was denied so I called and complained. Customer service were very firm and refused to credit me with 50k; however, the representatives were kind & professional - I don't envy them they're gonna be getting lots of complaints.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1228 posts
491 upvotes
What was their reason for refusal?
May 6, 2019
20 posts
12 upvotes
North York
Diafel wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 2:49 pm
What was their reason for refusal?
2 offers cannot be combined together since I'd already received a discounted sign-up.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
1001 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
katchphraze wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 2:53 pm
2 offers cannot be combined together since I'd already received a discounted sign-up.
It doesn't say that anywhere in the offer, nor the T&C. I'd keep pushing back if I were you
May 6, 2019
20 posts
12 upvotes
North York
discontd wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 3:52 pm
It doesn't say that anywhere in the offer, nor the T&C. I'd keep pushing back if I were you
I agree.

They pointed me here saying 'offers cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions' but it's only written there for refer-a-friend and Insiders/Optimum which doesn't specifically preclude our situation.

Their 'combining offers' excuse is a bit flimsy but I'm not sure it'll work unless more people complain. Currently they're being firm and saying they'll open an investigation but that's it.

Edit: Also, I should point out my promotion was the 100% off targeted one, so I think they're more reluctant to give me anything than the 50% off people.
Last edited by katchphraze on Jun 20th, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 26, 2019
33 posts
33 upvotes
Another data point - I called in today and as per previous posters, customer service was firm in saying that two offers cannot be combined. I asked to speak to a supervisor, who reiterated the same position. I told him that:

1) Nowhere in the terms does it state that these are two offers that can't be combined;
2) If the offers were not to be combined, they shouldn't have given me the ability to combine them;
3) I've already been told via online points inquiry that I *will* get my points in 4-6 weeks; and
4) If they don't honour their promotion they will lose me as a customer.

He gave me my points on the spot, as a "gesture of good will".
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
6588 posts
2030 upvotes
Mississauga
My points inquiry today, didn't generate an auto response saying to call in. We'll wait and see i guess.

I didn't type anything in the box, i copy and pasted the offer and fine print from OP. :)
Oct 3, 2013
369 posts
330 upvotes
PC Optimum is awful for tracking down missing points that aren't related to store purchases. I'm not surprised to hear how difficult it is to get the points given how that 8-10% bonus with the PC M/C went last year. Not sure if that was worth the frustration.
katchphraze wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 4:28 pm
I agree.

They pointed me here saying 'offers cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions' but it's only written there for refer-a-friend and Insiders/Optimum which doesn't specifically preclude our situation.

Their 'combining offers' excuse is a bit flimsy but I'm not sure it'll work unless more people complain. Currently they're being firm and saying they'll open an investigation but that's it.

Edit: Also, I should point out my promotion was the 100% off targeted one, so I think they're more reluctant to give me anything than the 50% off people.
Their T&Cs are easy enough to shred apart. The following are the ONLY mentions of combining offers in that link:

1) "Points earning through the PC Insiders program cannot be combined with other bonus PC Optimum points offers."
2) "However, points earning through the PC Insiders program may not be combined with any in-store, online or personalized bonus points offers on the same purchase."
3) For refer-a-friend: "Offers cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions."

The clauses are specifically with relation to doubling up on points offers or refer-a-friend. No where is it stated you cannot combine an e-mail promotion with a bonus PCO offer.

The challenge will be speaking to someone with enough of a brain that will actually understand the T&Cs they write. I will try to call in sometime in the next week and report back, but I won't bother getting my hopes up.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1491 posts
712 upvotes
Halifax, NS
sigh... just put in a missing points inquiry. guess will have to get this dumb process going. ugh. =(
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1228 posts
491 upvotes
Question is, did anyone who used no offers even get their 50,000 points?
Dec 23, 2016
37 posts
13 upvotes
Diafel wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 10:45 am
Question is, did anyone who used no offers even get their 50,000 points?
I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread used the Pampers50 code or got the free offer from PCMC.

If they didn't, why are they here? Lol, that would kind of be silly to not use it.
Mar 12, 2017
17 posts
6 upvotes
Hello:
If anybody can help me would be great:
Just got off the phone with pc insiders as I joined just over 6 weeks ago.
They informed me I would never get the 50,000 points as I used the Pampers code.
Also reinforced that both cannot be combined.
Any ideas?
Sep 16, 2010
560 posts
163 upvotes
Mississauga
I called and was told the same thing. Can't combine offers. Good luck to all who's still trying.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

torspiker