[Loblaws] Join PC Insiders get 50,000 PCOptimum Points (NO QC) + 50% off code

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2019 11:06 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2316 posts
757 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
A couple of people on here suggested that since they got the 50,000 points, it seemed like PC Optimum was suddenly making them jump through hoops to get points added for simple transactions. On Tuesday, I got my 50,000 points. On the same day, hubby and I went to get gas. He used his PC MC with MY Optimum card as I had an offer for 2,000 points for $20 gas. We've done this 2-3 other times in the past few months as I've received that offer before. Every time before, the points were up on my account immediately. Today I saw that even though the points are on the receipt, they are not on my account. This is what happened to get them:

1) I go on the chat and speak to a CSR. She says no problem! Just reply to the e-mail she's sending me and she'll apply them right away. I did that. Four hours later...
2) No points. I chatted again. This person says it's 1-2 business days AND that she doesn't see the receipt on the Case #. She also doesn't see the receipt under my husband's account either. She asks me to send it again. This time I stay on the chat. I send it as an attachment and just after she says "Did you send it yet?" The chat goes off. I send it a second time inline.
3) She writes back...twice with the same message. She says she looked at the receipt and it says, "As reviewing your receipt please wait the 72 hours as specified on your receipt. " But that's NOT what it says. That "72 hours" refers specifically to the points hubby gets for using his PC MC, not to the PC Optimum points. The way this read, it suggested they wiped their hands of it because they presumed those points would come on. So...
4) I go on the phone this time. The person I speak to still doesn't see any receipt. He said that if I don't get the points in 72 hours, I can go back to the gas station and they can apply them. I say the 72 hours has nothing to do with the Optimum points. I e-mail him the receipt two more times as he didn't get the inline one properly. He left for a few minutes and came back and applied the 2,150 points. I think he just wanted it over with. I thanked him a ton and said I was lucky to get him on the phone.

So...prior to 50,000 points -- no problem at all
After 50,000 points -- a completely different story

Let's see if this type of thing continues...
If snitches get stitches, it stands to reason that Major League Baseball snitches get 108 stitches.
Aug 28, 2018
10 posts
4 upvotes
waterloo
hi, dumb question. if i shop some comsmetic from beautyboutique, if there is a 20x point offer, can i get both 20x points + 20% points back???
i call pc insider to ask, they told me i only get whatever hightest one. not both of them.
Feb 24, 2019
4 posts
3 upvotes
JiaqiX19620 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 10:57 am
hi, dumb question. if i shop some comsmetic from beautyboutique, if there is a 20x point offer, can i get both 20x points + 20% points back???
i call pc insider to ask, they told me i only get whatever hightest one. not both of them.
just 1 applies. Can't apply points offers with PC Insider 20% points
and yes, you will get the higher offer of the two.
Oct 3, 2018
944 posts
851 upvotes
GTA
TheHans wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 2:17 pm
A couple of people on here suggested that since they got the 50,000 points, it seemed like PC Optimum was suddenly making them jump through hoops to get points added for simple transactions. On Tuesday, I got my 50,000 points. On the same day, hubby and I went to get gas. He used his PC MC with MY Optimum card as I had an offer for 2,000 points for $20 gas. We've done this 2-3 other times in the past few months as I've received that offer before. Every time before, the points were up on my account immediately. Today I saw that even though the points are on the receipt, they are not on my account. This is what happened to get them:

1) I go on the chat and speak to a CSR. She says no problem! Just reply to the e-mail she's sending me and she'll apply them right away. I did that. Four hours later...
2) No points. I chatted again. This person says it's 1-2 business days AND that she doesn't see the receipt on the Case #. She also doesn't see the receipt under my husband's account either. She asks me to send it again. This time I stay on the chat. I send it as an attachment and just after she says "Did you send it yet?" The chat goes off. I send it a second time inline.
3) She writes back...twice with the same message. She says she looked at the receipt and it says, "As reviewing your receipt please wait the 72 hours as specified on your receipt. " But that's NOT what it says. That "72 hours" refers specifically to the points hubby gets for using his PC MC, not to the PC Optimum points. The way this read, it suggested they wiped their hands of it because they presumed those points would come on. So...
4) I go on the phone this time. The person I speak to still doesn't see any receipt. He said that if I don't get the points in 72 hours, I can go back to the gas station and they can apply them. I say the 72 hours has nothing to do with the Optimum points. I e-mail him the receipt two more times as he didn't get the inline one properly. He left for a few minutes and came back and applied the 2,150 points. I think he just wanted it over with. I thanked him a ton and said I was lucky to get him on the phone.

So...prior to 50,000 points -- no problem at all
After 50,000 points -- a completely different story

Let's see if this type of thing continues...
Hi @TheHans !

I didn't sign up for PC Insiders, so don't have to fight like you and others for 50k Points.

I plan on using a non PC CC next week with the 2k points WUS $20 at Esso/Mobil.

Will let you know if get my points right away or not.

Hopefully, it's just a fluke in points not appearing for you immediately vs your account being flagged :)
Jan 22, 2017
31 posts
8 upvotes
AB
Waited 36 minutes on hold to speak to a CSR for the missing 50K points. Actual call was only 5 minutes. Must be a lot of other folks out there with missing points.

I now have a case number and was told to wait 5-6 business days for supervisor decision - will either receive email or see the points in my account.

I regret ever signing up for this program - what a hassle!
Sep 14, 2018
33 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
Opened my query on Monday as per my earlier post, less than 5 minutes on the phone and no wait to get through. Escalated without issue and received email confirming points today, checked account and they're already there.

A lot of people saying not worth the hassle, for me it took less than 10 minutes of enquiry time, I received 50,000 points and I've used the $100 travel credit for a flight that was same price as booking direct.

Definitely think being $100 better off for less than 30 minutes of combined effort is worth it.
Jul 5, 2019
2 posts
I'm the one that asked for my money to be refunded. I thought I would let you all know that they where refunded. It looks like it was done yesterday but I somehow missed it. Whole amount, tax included is back on my card.

According to the optimum app/website and the pc insiders website I am still part of the program.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2316 posts
757 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
BelindaM62630 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 3:32 pm
I'm the one that asked for my money to be refunded. I thought I would let you all know that they where refunded. It looks like it was done yesterday but I somehow missed it. Whole amount, tax included is back on my card.

According to the optimum app/website and the pc insiders website I am still part of the program.
It seems logical that you still have the subscription. Isn't it so that even once you cancel, you still have the subscription for a year?
If snitches get stitches, it stands to reason that Major League Baseball snitches get 108 stitches.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2316 posts
757 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
A bit higher up, I posted about the hoops I had to jump through to get my 2,150 points for a gas purchase that showed the points on the receipt. Keep in mind that in the past for the identical transaction (prior to receiving the 50,000 finally from this promo) I had ZERO hoops. Today, I received a form e-mail that is (presumably) based on the numerous e-mails I was told to send the other day, where I was told each time to include the receipt (which I ended up doing five times in total).

The form e-mail says there's NO record of the purchase LOL. I guess sending the receipt both inline and as an attachment five times didn't count. This time, I was told to send back a laundry list of information. And that included (of course) a screenshot of the receipt. Keep in mind also that one of the three people I chatted with the other day confirmed that she saw the receipt I sent. So they have it.

I'm SO glad now that I got an agent to add the points arbitrarily. Otherwise I'd still be in this annoyance for 2,150 points. I sure hope this is a coincidence and not because I'm flagged (as others suspect happened to them) for getting the 50,000 points from the promo.
Sep 16, 2010
567 posts
167 upvotes
Mississauga
TheHans wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 2:44 pm
I sure hope this is a coincidence and not because I'm flagged (as others suspect happened to them) for getting the 50,000 points from the promo.
This sucks. I hope this is just a one-off situation and would not become the norm for you in the future. In the past, I found that email conversations about missing points enquiries is really frustrating and go no where. After a few emails back and forth, I usually just call in and the agent was able to manually add the points immediately. My suspicion is that these emails are sent off to incompetent 3rd party customer reps. Anyways, this makes me hesitant to fight for my 50K points as I accumulate and redeem a lot of points.
Good luck and please keep us posted if you encounter this bs again in the future.
Oct 1, 2011
691 posts
809 upvotes
Toronto
I called on Tuesday morning July 16 and received my points on Wednesday night July 17.
Approximately 36 hours, not bad.

Here's how it went.

I called the PCO number and said that I signed up for PC Insiders with 50% off and used the 50K promo code. It's been over 6 weeks and still waiting for my points. She was very apologetic and asked if she could put me on hold.

I thought, uh oh, she's going to talk to someone and then deny me my points.

She comes back and then said that she is going to transfer me to PC Insiders.

I explained to the guy and he was very apologetic. He said that he would create a case number, and in 7-10 business days, I would get an email about the status whether I get my points or not. If I did not get my points, I was prepared to cancel and asked for a full refund including taxes paid.

Call took about 20 minutes, if I had called PC Insiders directly, it would probably take less that 10 minutes.

All's well that ends well.
Nov 28, 2014
60 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
couponmummy1 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 9:35 am
I called on Tuesday morning July 16 and received my points on Wednesday night July 17.
Approximately 36 hours, not bad.

Here's how it went.

I called the PCO number and said that I signed up for PC Insiders with 50% off and used the 50K promo code. It's been over 6 weeks and still waiting for my points. She was very apologetic and asked if she could put me on hold.

I thought, uh oh, she's going to talk to someone and then deny me my points.

She comes back and then said that she is going to transfer me to PC Insiders.

I explained to the guy and he was very apologetic. He said that he would create a case number, and in 7-10 business days, I would get an email about the status whether I get my points or not. If I did not get my points, I was prepared to cancel and asked for a full refund including taxes paid.

Call took about 20 minutes, if I had called PC Insiders directly, it would probably take less that 10 minutes.

All's well that ends well.
I just took the same path, hopefully I get the same result.
Oct 1, 2011
691 posts
809 upvotes
Toronto
pewpewpew wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 2:38 pm
I just took the same path, hopefully I get the same result.
Good luck to you.

I told my daughter that I got my points withing 36 hours and she called this morning.

The guy told her that the two promos won't work together. She told him, my mom called and got her points, lol.

The guy will escalate it. Hope she gets the points. If not, she will call again and repeat what @Phonophoresis said above.
Jan 22, 2017
31 posts
8 upvotes
AB
Update: I called on Jul.12 and received an email and the 50K points in my account on Jul.17. YAY

Also did anyone else get the email for PC Insiders member exclusive: Free Dietitian shopping session? $49 value

Has anyone tried it? The only store offering this service in my city is quite far from me. We are already pretty good about meal planning and reading labels, just wondering if it was worthwhile.