• Sep 14th, 2018 7:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1836 posts
1223 upvotes
GTA

[Loblaws] Kicking Horse coffee $9.99, also on Amazon

Loblaws has 1 pound bags of Kicking Horse on sale again for $9.99. Amazon has price matched some varieties

I buy it at Loblaws when on sale and now I frequently receive PC optimum offer for 1800 points on $9 spend, so it's been $8.20 a bag for me since last spring.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1121 posts
1066 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Tried this brand of coffee recently. Brewed with an Aeropress, V60, and regular drip coffee machine. It's not horrible, but it's nothing special imo. Not worth the amount of praise it gets here at RFD. It's decent at best. Then again, I'm a coffee snob.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1836 posts
1223 upvotes
GTA
Loblaws also has Muskoka Roastery beans 400g on sale for $11.99 (reg $17). I like their Black Bear (dark roast) better than Kicking Horse's Kick-Ass or Grizzly Claw
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1836 posts
1223 upvotes
GTA
coolwasabi wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 5:05 pm
Tried this brand of coffee recently. Brewed with an Aeropress, V60, and regular drip coffee machine. It's not horrible, but it's nothing special imo. Not worth the amount of praise it gets here at RFD. It's decent at best. Then again, I'm a coffee snob.

yeah, I wouldn't pay full price for it, but it's a decent brew for $8.20 a pound
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2037 posts
584 upvotes
Mississauga
Can you recommend a good French roast. I bought the grizzly for my dad but I'm open to other brands. I know nothing about a good coffee. He drinks black coffee
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
6101 posts
2228 upvotes
Kootenays
coolwasabi wrote:
To me, one of the best thinks about Kicking Horse is that they are a fantastic company, roasting every bean they sell in small town, interior BC. They've gone from a Mom & Pop roasting for their small diner to employing 120+ people. They are fair trade and organic and were just chosen as the #1 place to work in Canada for employers with 100-1000 employees, as chosen by the employees themselves. The company was recently partially bought with an evaluation of $268,000,000. The CEO retained her position with 20% of the shares and will continue to roast every bean locally.
A company that can do this well and still treat their employees very well deserves to be supported!
Their coffee is great, too, IMHO. Our house is a Kick Ass household.
Mar 25, 2009
516 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Time to stock up..
Mar 1, 2003
320 posts
27 upvotes
coolwasabi wrote:
coolwasabi what would you recommend as a really great coffee? I usually grind my coffee for pour over or french press and I really haven't found anything amazing so far. I really like starbucks blonde roast because it has a very light flavour and not too bitter if they don't let it sit there too long. Thx!
<<IREE>>
--------------------------------
Check my feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread. ... adid=15563
Check out my Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=15643