• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2020 11:46 am
[OP]
Nov 28, 2015
28 posts
27 upvotes
North York, ON

[Loblaws] Loblaws Dietitian- get 50% back in PC Optimum Points

Book an appointment with one of the registered dietitians at a Loblaws (or other family brands), and get 50% back in PC Optimum Points.

This is similar to those who bought the $200 package this fall and received 100000 points back.

Check with your insurance company for your coverage before booking.
Images
  • 22012039-8AF5-439D-A46E-7F21C0E9801D.png
9 replies
Jul 8, 2016
53 posts
61 upvotes
I'm in, thank you OP!

Wonder if it's applied to all appointments till the end of the year or just the first one. If so, this is a HOT deal (Seeing I have $750 for Dietician lol)
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2095 posts
528 upvotes
I really need to see a dietitian so this is good timing.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1504 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
I think its probably very gray area and nothing will likely come of this, but don't a lot of insurance plans have clauses about no kickbacks or referral payments? This seems like its accroaching on that territory. Kickbacks and payments in my insurance plan isn't defined by actual dollars. Also that this is giving 50% back in points is encouraging you to spend more then you may actually need or do normally.

Just something to keep in mind if this is on going or reocurring.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1504 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
I think its probably very gray area and nothing will likely come of this, but don't a lot of insurance plans have clauses about no kickbacks or referral payments? This seems like its accroaching on that territory. Kickbacks and payments in my insurance plan isn't defined by actual dollars. Also that this is giving 50% back in points is encouraging you to spend more then you may actually need or do normally.

Just something to keep in mind if this is on going or reoccurring.
Oct 7, 2020
89 posts
145 upvotes
DYM416 wrote: Book an appointment with one of the registered dietitians at a Loblaws (or other family brands), and get 50% back in PC Optimum Points.

This is similar to those who bought the $200 package this fall and received 100000 points back.

Check with your insurance company for your coverage before booking.
Agree, I’ll check my insurance. I have never been to any dieticians here, how is the overall experience? Do you know how much they charge? How often should one visit?
Feb 26, 2006
175 posts
23 upvotes
Targeted? Don’t see this offer in my app...
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2095 posts
528 upvotes
fiasco wrote: Targeted? Don’t see this offer in my app...
Yes it is, my account had it, my wife's did not.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2015
28 posts
27 upvotes
North York, ON
Make an appointment. Call the dietitian and ask for the offer. Mine told me earlier this week that this this offer is coming. I believe everyone is eligible, even if you don’t see it in the app.
Mar 2, 2016
180 posts
94 upvotes
Its not targeted. Ive done a few appointments already. My benefits covers dietician 100%. Which makes it hot deal for me. I also have a toddler son who is covered as well and was able to set up a dietician appointment for him. The dieticians provided really helpful tips and tools on feeding habits for my child. You get the points in the account as soon as you pay. You have the option to do it via WebEx cam, phone call or in person, i chose to do phone call as it was most convenient for me. The loblaws closest to me didnt have appointment times i liked so i chose a dietitcian in the Downtown area even though i live in Durham. That didnt matter cause the appointment was over the phone. For myself, i asked for information on whattypes of foods are good to provide more energy since i dont excercise as much as I did pre-covid. Lots of nutrition tips, balancing meals, portion control, understanding labels etc. Once you book an appointment through the website they will email or call to confirm appointment and will set up a call time for payment before the actual apppointment. If you are comfortable giving Credit card and optimum info over the phone then thats how 1 form of payment would work. They will call you directly from the Loblaws location they work out of. I didnt want to go anywhere so i did it over the phone. No issues for me. Very convenient, very easy points. Got 200k from appointments for myself and my child, and setup for another package since we still have extra coverage.