Loblaws no longer waiving pickup fee

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 9:21 am
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17996 posts
5343 upvotes
Toronto
Perfect, maybe I can get a spot again with my PC Insiders subscription I'm paying $100 a year for. Haven't touched this service in 3 months.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5939 posts
1765 upvotes
Montreal
DaVibe wrote: Perfect, maybe I can get a spot again with my PC Insiders subscription I'm paying $100 a year for. Haven't touched this service in 3 months.
When is the last time you tried? I've had no issues getting next day spots for a few weeks now.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8628 posts
3634 upvotes
Vancouver
The Weston's are so damn rich, the least they could do is waive pickup fees for a bit longer during this pandemic... the bread fixing crap didn't really do anything for them to drop bread prices either
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17996 posts
5343 upvotes
Toronto
psyko514 wrote: When is the last time you tried? I've had no issues getting next day spots for a few weeks now.
Couple of weeks ago. I've actually changed grocery stores lately since my local store has been so bad.
I will take a look next week though.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Dec 18, 2017
916 posts
519 upvotes
London, On
I just looked at my regular No Frills, and there are slots as early as noon tomorrow. Pickup fee is $3, and they bring the groceries to your car.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1678 posts
508 upvotes
Edmonton
realtycoon wrote: Shh... Don't give them any more ideas
It's not an idea, they're following through. I shopped at Superstore last week. The manager came around to all the cashiers with an internal memo that they're going to start charging for plastic bags again on June 16th or 17th.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17996 posts
5343 upvotes
Toronto
tablo13 wrote: It's not an idea, they're following through. I shopped at Superstore last week. The manager came around to all the cashiers with an internal memo that they're going to start charging for plastic bags again on June 16th or 17th.
Can I bring my own bags in to avoid that fee then? We'll see how they handle that.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14705 posts
2707 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
ManCaveGamer wrote: The Weston's are so damn rich, the least they could do is waive pickup fees for a bit longer during this pandemic... the bread fixing crap didn't really do anything for them to drop bread prices either
Well, he just reduced the salaries for his front-line staff, so I am sure that must have been a hit with the morale.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1678 posts
508 upvotes
Edmonton
DaVibe wrote: Can I bring my own bags in to avoid that fee then? We'll see how they handle that.
I'd think so, Superstore never outright banned reusable bags I believe.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3632 posts
3231 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I can't believe they charge a fee for pickup in the first place
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4045 posts
4565 upvotes
GTA
DaVibe wrote: Don't worry, Metro is doing it too.
and Empire/ Sobey's followed suit, announced Friday
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17996 posts
5343 upvotes
Toronto
chemicalxv wrote: I can't believe they charge a fee for pickup in the first place
But someone is doing the shopping for you. So this should just become part of the grocery store experience? Why do we go in at all? The fact that we are choosing to shop there, they should be doing everything for me! Do you cook it too? C'mon Galen!
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3632 posts
3231 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
DaVibe wrote: But someone is doing the shopping for you. So this should just become part of the grocery store experience? Why do we go in at all? The fact that we are choosing to shop there, they should be doing everything for me! Do you cook it too? C'mon Galen!
I mean they literally have a competitor (maybe not in Ontario, but they do in Western Canada) that has never charged a fee for pickup orders and frequently runs promotions where you can even get free delivery if you spend enough that gets by just fine.

There's nothing special about it they're just greedy.