• Dec 4th, 2021 4:41 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4554 posts
5670 upvotes
GTA

[Loblaws] No Name Cheese Bars 400g or Shredded 320g $2.99

Dec. 2 - 8, Loblaws Ontario has No Name Cheese Bars 400g and Shredded 320g at $2.99 for PC Optimum members.

City Market West only gets Shredded at $2.99

Ask for a rain check if sold out of the variety you want.

Edit: I misread the ad, sale price is $2.99, not $2
Last edited by Kfox on Dec 1st, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
44 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
15440 posts
10166 upvotes
Markham
Please fix the title on the thread.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
14187 posts
11516 upvotes
GTA, ON
How is the No Name brand when it comes to cheese, quality & taste wise?
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4554 posts
5670 upvotes
GTA
chimaican wrote: How is the No Name brand when it comes to cheese, quality & taste wise?
Depending on variety, on par or better than Black Diamond
Sep 11, 2009
67 posts
80 upvotes
GTA
With the Canadian dairy cartel hiking dairy prices in February....enjoy these deals while they last...

I am noticing a trend at the grocery stores lately. Items are put on a nice sale price but then regular prices return but are then marked up due to inflation. Seems like their way of easing the price increases on us...in addition to shrinkflation.

A great example is No Frills this week having Barilla pasta on sale for $1.27 each when it used to go down to $0.99. Barilla packaging size also dropped from 454g to 410g. Double whammy!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
14187 posts
11516 upvotes
GTA, ON
monkimajikalle wrote: With the Canadian dairy cartel hiking dairy prices in February....enjoy these deals while they last...
The cartel is going too far. To a certain extent i get trying to have some control on the industry but this is just getting ridiculous, especially when they dump so much milk down the drain. There is no reason why prices need to be hiked, or packages to shrink! You'd think mad cow came by and killed off all the diary cows, hence a shortage of milk. This feels like greed.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3534 posts
1361 upvotes
Toronto
Dairy cartel shrunk these bars from 500g to 450 now 400g with prices going up in the background
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1078 posts
397 upvotes
It makes makes absolutely no sense because milk demand is down due to alternatives (oat, soy, almond etc) and reduced commercial demand.
They should be trying to clear out milk and get rid of their supply.
Total scam - really wish there was a more severe backlash and outcry over this.
Dumping milk is such a waste, especially when they keep pushing inferior 'dairy' products like frozen dessert down our throats.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3534 posts
1361 upvotes
Toronto
Don't forget the amount of palm oil that is going into dairy feed tainting the milk we buy nowadays.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
14187 posts
11516 upvotes
GTA, ON
pakmode wrote: It makes makes absolutely no sense because milk demand is down due to alternatives (oat, soy, almond etc) and reduced commercial demand.
They should be trying to clear out milk and get rid of their supply.
Total scam - really wish there was a more severe backlash and outcry over this.
Dumping milk is such a waste, especially when they keep pushing inferior 'dairy' products like frozen dessert down our throats.
They're creating their own demise IMO. They keep raising the cost of dairy and Canadians will start demanding alternatives, which may very well swing open the door for more foreign imported dairy and dairy products (especially from the USA). I want my Canadian milk versus American, but seriously, something has to give.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5156 posts
2580 upvotes
A Place to Stand
How does one become an Optimum member?
Sep 23, 2005
119 posts
11 upvotes
Is there a limit for PC Optimum member's price?
Jan 13, 2016
150 posts
260 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Independent (at least here in SK) has No Name Shreds for $2.99 starting tomorrow. It's unclear whether it applies to bars as well, since the ad only pictures shreds and doesn't have accompanying text.
Dollar Stores 4 LIFE~!
Dec 24, 2007
516 posts
783 upvotes
chimaican wrote: , which may very well swing open the door for more foreign imported dairy and dairy products (especially from the USA).
you dont understand how a cartel works. there is literally 0 chance of this happening, and that's why the dairy industry can do whatever the fu<k they want
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2460 posts
2467 upvotes
Oakville
Can the people that don't understand the effects of inflation please stfu and stop crapping on a deal thread please? You can switch to cashew cheese products if you don't want to pay "the cartel".
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1834 posts
2095 upvotes
TrueToy wrote: you dont understand how a cartel works. there is literally 0 chance of this happening, and that's why the dairy industry can do whatever the fu<k they want
Yep. Industry "buttering up" the government hands to get what is best for them not the consumer. Same in telecom, banking, real estate...just the way things work.
Feb 7, 2017
509 posts
274 upvotes
I believe milk prices are set to increase somewhere in February by about 8%. Might as well buy some before the price increase.
Jun 1, 2015
938 posts
337 upvotes
Calgary, AB
We really need to allow more competition to sell dairy products here. Ridiculous how the cartel continues to get away with this
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1451 posts
730 upvotes
Regina
matthewtravels wrote: Independent (at least here in SK) has No Name Shreds for $2.99 starting tomorrow. It's unclear whether it applies to bars as well, since the ad only pictures shreds and doesn't have accompanying text.
Yes you will need to price match I used the Flipp app.
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Sep 11, 2009
67 posts
80 upvotes
GTA
midget_man wrote: How does one become an Optimum member?
Ask for an Optimum card at the store. They will activate it and give you it in a foldable envelope which talks about the program. You can then create a PC ID account online and link the card to it and then use the web interface or optimum app.

Note - you don't have to register online but it will help you collect points faster, see your targeted offers and allow you to check balances and request inquiries for missing points.

I added my card to Google Pay's PASSES tab for loyalty cards and use the PC Optimum web interface.
Last edited by monkimajikalle on Dec 2nd, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.