Expired Hot Deals

Loblaws

Ontario: No Name Peanut Butter 1kg $1.88/ also at Valumart, Zehrs, Independent G and in Quebec at Provigo

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2020 4:12 pm
Jul 11, 2017
519 posts
460 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Omg. Peanut butter is oos. Whole shelf is empty.
Can you pm at no frills?
Technically, as per policy, price matching PC Optimum (Or other stores) "member pricing" is NOT allowed in the fine print of the price match guarantees. It seems a little ridiculous to me personally, but... I am sure most cashiers don't really read/aren't told about this as other PCO member pricing items I have seen are empty shelf spots at my store (RCSS). Such as the Lavazza Coffee that was $1.99 last week at Zehrs/Loblaws/YIG. So I am sure the likelyhood is that they will allow the price match, but only because the cashiers don't know it is not allowed.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5958 posts
2166 upvotes
Mort Réal
FunkMasterPhil wrote: I mean if you compare it to Kraft All Natural Smooth/Crunchy Peanut Butter instead...

INGREDIENTS: 100% SELECT ROASTED PEANUTS.

Personally, I like the Kraft All Natural Sea Salt Peanut Butter best.

INGREDIENTS: PEANUTS, SEA SALT.
I mistakenly grabbed a sea salt container once. OMG I think I consumed more salt in this container than in a whole year. Wayyy too salty for my taste.

But, aside from that, I agree that once you go natural PB, you don't go back.
Unfortunately the No name brand doesn't do natural. I think you have to go Blue Menu for that, and it isn't part of the deal.

BTW OP feel free to add QC/Provigo is in on this deal also.
Last edited by WHO on Sep 10th, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Therefore, I'm thirsty for deals on durable goods.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4527 posts
5566 upvotes
GTA
johnb56789 wrote: Technically, as per policy, price matching PC Optimum (Or other stores) "member pricing" is NOT allowed in the fine print of the price match guarantees. It seems a little ridiculous to me personally, but... I am sure most cashiers don't really read/aren't told about this as other PCO member pricing items I have seen are empty shelf spots at my store (RCSS). Such as the Lavazza Coffee that was $1.99 last week at Zehrs/Loblaws/YIG. So I am sure the likelyhood is that they will allow the price match, but only because the cashiers don't know it is not allowed.
Agree the cashiers don't know or care--never had a problem at my NF

btw, the same Lavazza deal is on again this week at Food Basics
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
23848 posts
19640 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
dankup wrote: Is this the natural one with the oil separation?
The flyer says 1kg. The natural smooth/crunchy are 750gm. So probably no, But YMMV,
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4527 posts
5566 upvotes
GTA
redkid wrote: i checked online and shows as for $3.29 and $3.47:
Loblaws
No Frills
price drops to $1.88 when you scan your PC card
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8783 posts
5195 upvotes
FunkMasterPhil wrote: I mean if you compare it to Kraft All Natural Smooth/Crunchy Peanut Butter instead...

INGREDIENTS: 100% SELECT ROASTED PEANUTS.

Personally, I like the Kraft All Natural Sea Salt Peanut Butter best.

INGREDIENTS: PEANUTS, SEA SALT.
+1 for this.

One will never go back to this crap filled with oil and sugar.

WHO wrote: I mistakenly grabbed a sea salt container once. OMG I think I consumed more salt in this container than in a whole year. Wayyy too salty for my taste.
Each serving has 70mg of salt, aka 3% of the recommended daily intake.... If you consumed the whole jar in a single day, you would have consumed less than the recommended daily intake. I think you're being slightly too dramatic with your statement Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1141 posts
15511 upvotes
North York, ON
Thanks OP!

Just back from St Clair/Bathurst store. NN PB still OOS. None on regular shelf space, shelves at end of aisle 9 filled with Kraft PB instead. Did manage to get 2 brown sugar, 1 white sugar, 1 PC TP and 2 PC instant oatmeal.
Billy Ocean is a musical genius!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4248 posts
2209 upvotes
Milton, ON.
dankup wrote: Is this the natural one with the oil separation?
Absolutely not. This is not pure peanut butter. There is a reason why real peanut / but butters cost much more $$$$
Jun 10, 2020
685 posts
670 upvotes
Kfox wrote: Tastes good to me and I like the NN ingredients list better.

No Name :FRESHLY ROASTED PEANUTS, ICING SUGAR, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, MODIFIED PALM OIL, SALT. 90 cal,7 g fat ,1g sugar, 3 g protein per 15ml serving

Kraft: SELECT ROASTED PEANUTS, SOYBEAN OIL, CORN MALTODEXTRIN, SUGAR, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COTTON SEED AND RAPESEED OIL), SALT, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES. 90 cal, 8g fat, 1g sugar, 3g protein per 15ml

regular free PC card

No
I prefer the Kraft ingredients. Palm oil use is horrible on the environment.
Those ingredients are similar to what Kraft used to use -- all peanutbutters used to be icing sugar based. I prefer my natural peanutbutter now too (will get Kraft or other brands), but regular (chunky) Kraft for ease-of-use from cold.

This is one of those staple items I will NEVER cheap-out/ No Name on.... I find they often cheap out somewhere where it makes a big difference -- like age of the peanuts used - and it ends up tasting like crap/ old socks. Get that a lot with No Name stuff (poor taste), like their creamcheese, for instance.

Their honey is great. Illegal for them to cheap out there due to federal regulation.