Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Loblaws

PC Optimum Bonus Redemption 2 Day Event (Sept. 25-26)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2020 4:15 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 13, 2005
5148 posts
5848 upvotes
Montreal
tark514 wrote: Anyone know how to redeem points with online groceries? I cannot figure it out. Is it even possible?
When I pickup my order, I call them and tell them to use my PC optimum points for payment. Sometime, they do the bill before we pickup the order, we better inform them in the special instructions when ordering.
Can I redeem PC Optimum points to pay for my order?

PC Optimum Points can be redeemed when picking up your order. Please inform the concierge when you arrive and have your card or device ready.
https://www.loblaws.ca/faq#faq=3kKssa6Sybe39VaUwvtF1J
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
6412 posts
2624 upvotes
Mort Réal, QC
Thanks OP. It's a rarity indeed to be able to redeem for groceries.
Wondering about the timing with the 5k pts/20$ promo tough :rolleyes:
Won't be hard to choose between the 2.
Will keep my points for an eventual redemption as SDM at an even better ratio.
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Always on lookout for deals on quality goods and services.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
1896 posts
593 upvotes
Airdrie
Temporel wrote: Too many points
Redeem regularly; don't let your points balance get above 300,000 points.
That's enough to take advantage of the best redemption: 250,000 points for $400 (if it comes back like last Black Friday.)
the maximum redemption is 500,000 points per transaction, so using 500k and getting 200k back (40% back in points at shoppers) is the best redemption.
Jun 27, 2017
261 posts
348 upvotes
ihk wrote: the maximum redemption is 500,000 points per transaction, so using 500k and getting 200k back (40% back in points at shoppers) is the best redemption.
But are you not just paying for the inevitable markup of shoppers prices? Only makes sense to me if you are consistently redeeming on electronics or beauty products as they usually the same price everywhere and redemption makes it worth it.

It's far easier getting to $180 in groceries, collecting the points ($36) and then using it toward a redemption on electronics at a future shoppers event ($50 = $65) for instance.

Win on both sides.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2300 posts
2175 upvotes
Laval, QC
Temporel wrote: There already are PCO bonus redemption events at least once a month at Shoppers/Pharmaprix with a minimum of 30% bonus for your points redeemed on grocery even on items that are on special. :)

That's a much better deal to redeem your points.
Don't redeem your points on regularly priced items at Loblaws/Provigo with only a 10% bonus.
I personal can’t find many things worth to redeem in SDM, although they run the bonus redemption much more often than the grocery stores like provigo or Maxi

Not even mentioning SDM has these xx points WUS $x event that you may already buy a lots from them in order to get PC points
Mar 8, 2010
272 posts
142 upvotes
Calgary
Wondering if anyone know it would stack with the optical promo of $100 spent with 50k PC points?
Jun 27, 2017
261 posts
348 upvotes
jojo9098 wrote: Wondering if anyone know it would stack with the optical promo of $100 spent with 50k PC points?
You can be the guinea pig :) I saw a sign at my Loblaws, but not sure it had any exclusions, so worth giving it a shot.
Jul 8, 2018
159 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Temporel wrote: $180 worth without taxes.
How do you know that? My Loblaws lets me redeem points to pay for taxes.
Jun 27, 2017
261 posts
348 upvotes
jojo9098 wrote: Wondering if anyone know it would stack with the optical promo of $100 spent with 50k PC points?
I may stand corrected

*Only redeemable at points level specified in offer, in a single transaction. Taxes payable on full purchase price before application of discount reward. Points are not redeemable for cash or credit. Offer expires after one use and cannot be used on subsequent transactions. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. PC Optimum™ points redemption excludes purchase of tobacco, lottery tickets, alcohol, gift cards, all prepaid cards, transit/event tickets, post office transactions, passport photos, cash back, delivery charges, all non-participating 3rd party operations and any other products which are provincially regulated (including pharmacy-related transactions) or as we determine from time to time. Not to be used in conjunction with any other points, promotions or offers. Offer valid Friday, September 25 to Saturday September 26, 2020 only.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25727 upvotes
Montreal
KyleTO wrote: How do you know that? My Loblaws lets me redeem points to pay for taxes.
Screenshot (1458).png
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
topshot wrote: I've never been much of shoppers drug mart shopper, so great to see at Loblaws. Time to get the biggest Turkey my points can buy
Hopefully Trudeau's news conference today-- Debbie Downer on Thanksgiving-- will bring down the demand/price for turkey.

Fortino's has the best advertised prices this week: Frozen A for $1.29LB and Butterball or PC Butter Infused for $1.49LB . Points promo is valid at Fortino's
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6111 posts
7131 upvotes
Whitby
Looks like throwing your points away. Better than nothing though. Load up at frills! Second wave coming.
Nov 23, 2018
321 posts
642 upvotes
Montreal, QC
How do you guys get so many points ? Are you looking for specific product when you buy groceries or do you mainly get them at SDM ?

I'm asking because I only shop at Maxi and I maybe got 30k points in 3 years.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25727 upvotes
Montreal
jadzzz wrote: How do you guys get so many points ? Are you looking for specific product when you buy groceries or do you mainly get them at SDM ?

I'm asking because I only shop at Maxi and I maybe got 30k points in 3 years.
It's not the 15 points per full dollar (1.5% back in points) that are worthwhile. It's the 20 X the points event (30% back in points) at Shoppers/Pharmaprix (even on things that are on special) that comes about every other week that is worthwhile. Also, the product specific offers are interesting at about 20% back in points. Plus the occasional buy 2 of this, get X,000 points. There's also, once in a while the redeem XX,000 points to get 40% back in points.

The product specific offers on things you buy often will come back in your account regularly, which is great. Check the flyer and your account or the app.
Nov 23, 2018
321 posts
642 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Temporel wrote:
Thanks for the answer !
I didn't expect a drugstore to sell electronic, coffee, eggs, milk, pizzas... and I've been living here for 4 years, I still need adaptation (or I just need to go outside aha).
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25727 upvotes
Montreal
jadzzz wrote: Thanks for the answer !
I didn't expect a drugstore to sell electronic, coffee, eggs, milk, pizzas... and I've been living here for 4 years, I still need adaptation (or I just need to go outside aha).
Further more, since you are in Montréal, I don't know if you've noticed, but some Pharmaprix are small and carry very little food or electronics.
Go check a bigger one like the one on Ste-Catherine near Guy or the other one on Ste-Catherine near St-Hubert; very big, lots of stuff.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2006
1069 posts
293 upvotes
Edmonton
topshot wrote: I may stand corrected

*Only redeemable at points level specified in offer, in a single transaction. Taxes payable on full purchase price before application of discount reward. Points are not redeemable for cash or credit. Offer expires after one use and cannot be used on subsequent transactions. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. PC Optimum™ points redemption excludes purchase of tobacco, lottery tickets, alcohol, gift cards, all prepaid cards, transit/event tickets, post office transactions, passport photos, cash back, delivery charges, all non-participating 3rd party operations and any other products which are provincially regulated (including pharmacy-related transactions) or as we determine from time to time. Not to be used in conjunction with any other points, promotions or offers. Offer valid Friday, September 25 to Saturday September 26, 2020 only.
Does that mean we can't use the 5,000 pts for $20 coupon, or won't get any product pts in the app like 200 pts for every $1 spend on tomatoes etc.?
Feb 8, 2017
539 posts
416 upvotes
Just got back with my PC Express order. Lots of Ben and Jerry's and Halloween candy. lol

Was no issue asking to redeem 180K points. I still got some other points for digital offers.

I hope they do this more often. I have everything I need from Shoppers, unless I need more Switch games or a PS5 eventually.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2006
1069 posts
293 upvotes
Edmonton
Was 36,000 pts shown on your receipt along with other personal offers pts?
May 2, 2020
517 posts
856 upvotes
Toronto
topshot wrote: But are you not just paying for the inevitable markup of shoppers prices? Only makes sense to me if you are consistently redeeming on electronics or beauty products as they usually the same price everywhere and redemption makes it worth it.

It's far easier getting to $180 in groceries, collecting the points ($36) and then using it toward a redemption on electronics at a future shoppers event ($50 = $65) for instance.

Win on both sides.

It's much better to accumulate points at Shoppers by buying sale items that are marked down by 20% or higher whenever you can. That way when you purchase electronic items and redeem points on redemption events, you are effectively getting more bang for your buck on your points. That way you are not always paying the crazy marked-up prices at SDM which translates back into the points you get on 20x events. (Buy on 20X events and buy items marked down to begin with to maximize savings and point value)
Biggest hot takes on RFD

“Real Estate is a depreciating asset”
“Tech is a Ponzi Scheme”
“There is no housing shortage”
“Interest rates will go above 10%”

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)