Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Loblaws

Thurs/fri/Saturday only - PC Old fashioned style bacon 1kg - $8.88

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:44 am
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2018
1064 posts
1202 upvotes
Believe these were 5.44 on Black Friday at RCSS but still very good compared to regular
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Nothing is good for you. Everyday new reports, blah is good for u, next day blah is bad for u *shakes* head.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote: I make my own bacon without preservatives.
I'm more curious as to how this is possible because you need nitrates to cure it.
Uncured bacon isn't bacon. It's pork belly.
Still delicious, but not bacon.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Dec 1, 2018
514 posts
567 upvotes
I love bacon , am I the only one that just eats bacon toasted bagel sandwich ? Like a bacon burger lol
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1417 upvotes
Abbotsford
can confirm - This is GOOOOOD bacon
Oct 4, 2008
792 posts
314 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
Costco had a really good deal on some wicked thick cut bacon awhile ago, I still have a lot from having stocked up.
However I have like $100 in PC points on my PC mastercard, plus whatever gift card they gave away from their bread scandal. I literally never shop here even though it's right beside the Wal Mart (I only go for the kitty litter - I Swear!)
Is there anything else to buy at Superstore? I hate to waste my time going there for 1 specific deal on bacon when there's nothing else worth shopping for.
-
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
I think this deal isn't hot because it's $4/lb (probably over $10/lb after you cook it). I think most RFDers want premium cuts of meat for that price.
Last edited by beachlover on Jan 19th, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7174 posts
217 upvotes
Nepean
Those who lives near a Farmboy, it is still cheaper to get the pre-cooked Farmboy bacon from their breakfast bar. It's much cheaper since it's by weight and the quality of the bacon is excellent. Plus you don't have to deal with the mess of cooking it.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
Grunchy wrote: ...
Is there anything else to buy at Superstore? I hate to waste my time going there for 1 specific deal on bacon when there's nothing else worth shopping for.
Well, it's a supermarket, so you can buy groceries...if that's your thing. Otherwise, no, don't bother going for just the one thing.
Oct 3, 2005
452 posts
32 upvotes
Ottawa
crayola1 wrote: Loblaws is having their 3-day sale for PC bacon!

Great deal for bacon lovers.

Not so great for arteries.
Fat does not make you fat nor does it clog your arteries. Carbs and sugars do.
Oct 3, 2005
452 posts
32 upvotes
Ottawa
ahoroba wrote: Recommending "lean chicken" will get you ridiculed in any serious keto forum. I know that your intentions are good, but please stick to giving more blessings and less (pseudo-) keto advice...
I disagree. Fat is where all the toxins are actually stored. If you eat a fatty chicken piece from a typical non organic chicken that eats 2% of its food from chicken ( yes you read that right, 2% of the grain in chicken feed contains actual chicken to increase the protein content) that's where all the toxins are. So a leaner cut + add your own healthy fats is better than a fatty cut from a subpar chicken, not only that the Omega 3 and omega 6 imbalance from eating grain fed cattle and chicken.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
knight wrote: I disagree. Fat is where all the toxins are actually stored. If you eat a fatty chicken piece from a typical non organic chicken that eats 2% of its food from chicken ( yes you read that right, 2% of the grain in chicken feed contains actual chicken to increase the protein content) that's where all the toxins are. So a leaner cut + add your own healthy fats is better than a fatty cut from a subpar chicken, not only that the Omega 3 and omega 6 imbalance from eating grain fed cattle and chicken.
It goes without saying that "organic chicken" is the only way to go if one intends to eat the skin and fat of the bird.
This pretty much applies to everything.
Even the salmon (recommended, without limit, above by @redflagdealsguy) can have a lot of toxins in its fat, if it is of the "non-organic, farmed" variety (and, to parallel your information regarding the disgusting things they feed them, farmed salmon is fed much worse chicken sub-products, like ground-up chicken feathers/claws, chicken manure, chicken fat, etc.)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37127 upvotes
ahoroba wrote: It goes without saying that "organic chicken" is the only way to go if one intends to eat the skin and fat of the bird.
This pretty much applies to everything.
Even the salmon (recommended, without limit, above by @redflagdealsguy) can have a lot of toxins in its fat, if it is of the "non-organic, farmed" variety (and, to parallel your information regarding the disgusting things they feed them, farmed salmon is fed much worse chicken sub-products, like ground-up chicken feathers/claws, chicken manure, chicken fat, etc.)
I agree that organic salmon and chicken are the way to go, but you need to eat quite a bit of farmed salmon before contaminants are concern. The health benefits far outweigh the negatives, the same goes for lean chicken (in moderation).

Bacon is the keto version of candy, enjoy it once in a while, but not often. The same goes for all red meats.

Seacrest out.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.