• May 13th, 2018 3:07 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1791 posts
1169 upvotes
GTA

[Loblaws] Warm: PC Splendido Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1L $5.99

Until May 16, Loblaws has their PC Splendido cold pressed, extra virgin Olive Oil 1L on sale for $5.99. Regular price is $9 at No Frills and at least $10 at Loblaws. Not the best olive oil around, but better than Maestro and Gallo
6 replies
Nov 2, 2007
171 posts
110 upvotes
Bought this today but haven't opened it yet. Hoping it's not part of the agro-mafia scams. Lots of the exported Italian olive oil is fake - they use vegetable oil and colour it with chlorophyll.
Jul 14, 2007
84 posts
21 upvotes
jonnyk9 wrote:
May 12th, 2018 3:18 pm
Bought this today but haven't opened it yet. Hoping it's not part of the agro-mafia scams. Lots of the exported Italian olive oil is fake - they use vegetable oil and colour it with chlorophyll.
This isn’t really Italian. It’s bottled in Italy and not legally considered a product of Italy.
Jan 23, 2017
17 posts
3 upvotes
Bottled in italy. The only part of italy this oil has seen is from ships coming in and out. I stopped buying "italian" oil and found greek oil bottles at superstore. Quite nice actually, cheap (10 dollars or so) and protected by origin so you know what you are getting.
Jan 23, 2017
17 posts
3 upvotes
There is also pc oil from chile which I thought was not bad. No reason to buy "italian" olive oil which in most grocery cases is just repackaged and blended cheap oil from elsewhere
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1172 posts
302 upvotes
Its BS, definitely not authentic. You can't get the real stuff this cheap.
Dec 10, 2003
383 posts
14 upvotes
I bought this for the same price some months ago. It has no taste and barely any aroma. Even Maestro and Gallo have better aroma. You’ll find many people with the same opinion with a Google search.
The only thing I like about it is the pop-up spout.