Expired Hot Deals

[Loblaws] [YMMV] PC K-Cup 30pc boxes - "FREE" w/ PC Plus Points

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2018 8:21 am
[OP]
Member
Oct 18, 2006
308 posts
71 upvotes

[Loblaws] [YMMV] PC K-Cup 30pc boxes - "FREE" w/ PC Plus Points

Huge YMMV on this, could be location specific. Went to the East Mall & Burnhamthorpe location last night to buy a couple of these boxes since I got a personalized offer for 1400 PC Points on these, and in-store they were giving another 4000 points. I figured, $15 for 30 K-Cups, and $5.40 in points wasn't bad, so I'd grab a couple.

My wife looked at the receipt when we were in the car and asked,

Her: "Why were the boxes $3.94?"
Me: "Sweetheart, you're crazy, you must be looking at it wrong."
Her: "No HorizonXP, it's showing $3.94. You always doubt me, WTF??"
<fight ensues>
Me: "Holy shit, you're right, let's go back and get more! These things are basically free!"

So with the in-store offer of 4000 points, these become effectively free. They are still marked on the shelf as $14.99, and stock was limited, so YMMV on this one. Have fun!

See attached receipt.
IMG_6914.JPG
16 replies
Sr. Member
Apr 14, 2017
625 posts
555 upvotes
So why do you always doubt your wife?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
8743 posts
3484 upvotes
Toronto
HorizonXP wrote: Huge YMMV on this, could be location specific. Went to the East Mall & Burnhamthorpe location last night to buy a couple of these boxes since I got a personalized offer for 1400 PC Points on these, and in-store they were giving another 4000 points. I figured, $15 for 30 K-Cups, and $5.40 in points wasn't bad, so I'd grab a couple.

My wife looked at the receipt when we were in the car and asked,

Her: "Why were the boxes $3.94?"
Me: "Sweetheart, you're crazy, you must be looking at it wrong."
Her: "No HorizonXP, it's showing $3.94. You always doubt me, WTF??"
<fight ensues>
Me: "Holy shit, you're right, let's go back and get more! These things are basically free!"

So with the in-store offer of 4000 points, these become effectively free. They are still marked on the shelf as $14.99, and stock was limited, so YMMV on this one. Have fun!

See attached receipt.

IMG_6914.JPG
The doubting and the fight... Typical couple behaviour
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1827 posts
583 upvotes
GTA
Was all good till I saw the $0.05 + 0.01 HST for the bag, come on this is RFD LOL. Nice find.
Sr. Member
Nov 1, 2016
798 posts
855 upvotes
Toronto
wackojacko wrote: Was all good till I saw the $0.05 + 0.01 HST for the bag, come on this is RFD LOL. Nice find.
and they were taking it to their car too. I understand if they were taking local transit.

agreed, sweet find!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
7880 posts
1038 upvotes
TO
Her: "No HorizonXP, it's showing $3.94. You always doubt me, WTF??"
<fight ensues>Face Screaming In FearFace With Tears Of Joy
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
[OP]
Member
Oct 18, 2006
308 posts
71 upvotes
crayola1 wrote: and they were taking it to their car too. I understand if they were taking local transit.

agreed, sweet find!
Given that I had just fought with her, I just said yes when she said she wanted a bag. 9/10 times, I'd carry that stuff in my hands since I usually forget the stupid grocery bags in my trunk.
Sr. Member
Nov 1, 2016
798 posts
855 upvotes
Toronto
HorizonXP wrote: Given that I had just fought with her, I just said yes when she said she wanted a bag. 9/10 times, I'd carry that stuff in my hands since I usually forget the stupid grocery bags in my trunk.
you are a smart man not to argue further with her over $0.06.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2007
2350 posts
1399 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Sweetheart, Loverduck, Puppykins Can you buy me a whole whack of these and I will pick them up from you and pay you. I promise I will never fight with you.

Thanks Dahlin
HorizonXP wrote: Huge YMMV on this, could be location specific. Went to the East Mall & Burnhamthorpe location last night to buy a couple of these boxes since I got a personalized offer for 1400 PC Points on these, and in-store they were giving another 4000 points. I figured, $15 for 30 K-Cups, and $5.40 in points wasn't bad, so I'd grab a couple.

My wife looked at the receipt when we were in the car and asked,

Her: "Why were the boxes $3.94?"
Me: "Sweetheart, you're crazy, you must be looking at it wrong."
Her: "No HorizonXP, it's showing $3.94. You always doubt me, WTF??"
<fight ensues>
Me: "Holy shit, you're right, let's go back and get more! These things are basically free!"

So with the in-store offer of 4000 points, these become effectively free. They are still marked on the shelf as $14.99, and stock was limited, so YMMV on this one. Have fun!

See attached receipt.

IMG_6914.JPG
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2009
2033 posts
742 upvotes
How did you receive the personalized PC points offer?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1133 posts
899 upvotes
Halifax
goodguy90 wrote: How did you receive the personalized PC points offer?
It is not a personalized offer - this 4000 PC Points on 30 pack of K Cups- it is on the back page of the flyer and is public ( everyone) offer.

No loading or app required.
A fan of RFD
[OP]
Member
Oct 18, 2006
308 posts
71 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote: It is not a personalized offer - this 4000 PC Points on 30 pack of K Cups- it is on the back page of the flyer and is public ( everyone) offer.

No loading or app required.
That's correct, the 4000 points is not personalized.

The 1400 points I got was a one-time-use offer I got through the app.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2009
2033 posts
742 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote: It is not a personalized offer - this 4000 PC Points on 30 pack of K Cups- it is on the back page of the flyer and is public ( everyone) offer.

No loading or app required.
HorizonXP wrote: That's correct, the 4000 points is not personalized.

The 1400 points I got was a one-time-use offer I got through the app.
Thanks boyssss.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2009
2033 posts
742 upvotes
No dice at Loblaws in London north. Scans at $14.99.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 11, 2006
6623 posts
3584 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
pny128 wrote: So why do you always doubt your wife?
Never doubt a wife who checks the receipt.

Top