Expired Hot Deals

Loblaws

YMMY Everyday Essentials BBQ 5+1 Burner 67,000BTU CLEARANCE $219.94 + 80-100K PC POINTS

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2021 7:08 am
Nov 8, 2017
151 posts
36 upvotes
Kitchener
miltee wrote: Works perfect for BBQs and make sure it's Loblaws. Not a promo at Superstore.

If you are PC insider or even just sign up for trial and are able to get the PC BBQ you get 20% in pts as well as I did yesterday.
Do I need to load the offer on the PC Optimum app?
Dec 10, 2014
68 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Masterden2016 wrote: Do I need to load the offer on the PC Optimum app?
No offer to load as its instore special points offer.
Images
  • 20210726_072248.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2354 posts
1692 upvotes
Cambridge
tim-x wrote: Won't beat this for a big backyard value bbq. Not everyone needs a $1500 Napoleon. They're fantastic but the value just doesn't compare to this. Even if this only lasts 2 years (which I would guess it'll last at least 3 or 4), a Napoleon isn't worth 5 or 6 of these. And anyone that talks about "performance" of a gas grill doesn't actually do any real bbqing.
Just want to point out that this isn't always the case. 20 years ago, I decided to pull the trigger and bought a Weber for $1000. It's still in use to this day, the push button ignition still works and has always worked on the very first push, even the first day of a new season, the casting is still solid. Zero issues and the only thing that's been replaced on it once we're the grills.

Has been well worth the extra cost at the time.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2790 posts
1840 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: Just want to point out that this isn't always the case. 20 years ago, I decided to pull the trigger and bought a Weber for $1000. It's still in use to this day, the push button ignition still works and has always worked on the very first push, even the first day of a new season, the casting is still solid. Zero issues and the only thing that's been replaced on it once we're the grills.

Yup. And there are Corollas that last to 1 million km. But those are anecdotal and should be taken with a large grain of salt before making financial decisions.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2354 posts
1692 upvotes
Cambridge
tim-x wrote: Yup. And there are Corollas that last to 1 million km. But those are anecdotal and should be taken with a large grain of salt before making financial decisions.
For sure, but it is worth noting that anything made from higher quality materials has a better chance of lasting longer. A better gauge of steel makes a world of difference.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2790 posts
1840 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: For sure, but it is worth noting that anything made from higher quality materials has a better chance of lasting longer. A better gauge of steel makes a world of difference.
Absolutely. I always go with quality. I'm just saying that if you don't mind replacing it in a few years (although it may easily last 10 with proper care), this specific deal holds a tonne of value.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2354 posts
1692 upvotes
Cambridge
tim-x wrote: Absolutely. I always go with quality. I'm just saying that if you don't mind replacing it in a few years (although it may easily last 10 with proper care), this specific deal holds a tonne of value.
Oh, absolutely. I wouldn't hesitate on this deal if I was looking for one. The amount you're paying for this BBQ after points, this is a huge bargain.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2798 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
miltee wrote: No offer to load as its instore special points offer.
How did you get extra Insider points?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1573 posts
1822 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
cujosevic wrote: It certainly looks nice, but how are they as a starter bbq? Anyone with experience with the brand compared to other low end grills like Expert Grill or Nexgrill?
orbitdesign wrote:
Just want to point out that this isn't always the case. 20 years ago, I decided to pull the trigger and bought a Weber for $1000. It's still in use to this day, the push button ignition still works and has always worked on the very first push, even the first day of a new season, the casting is still solid. Zero issues and the only thing that's been replaced on it once we're the grills.

miningminer wrote: my experience is these cheap grills are not worth the hassle. My parents bought one and when it stopped working there was zero support, no parts, no customer service, now it's a lawn ornament. I would rather buy a used brand name BBQ because they're so cheap on kijiji and you can get parts at any home improvement store. I got my broil king 2 burner BBQ for free on kijiji and it's built solid. $200 saved buys at least 4 steaks these days.
I bought that No Name BBQ last year. I thought it looked funky and it worked pretty well. 10 months after, the lighter doesn't work, and now even at low, the heat keeps increasing past 400F. I can't get warranty support or anything. I imagine it's gonna be the same if you don't get a decent branded BBQ. I think the needle valve or something broke, but it's pretty irritating now. Loudly Crying Face

Edit: past, not fast
Last edited by Bigboy16 on Jul 27th, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3714 posts
1980 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Has anyone owned a Coleman brand BBQ? If so how would you rate them?
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Dec 15, 2017
616 posts
691 upvotes
lamboman wrote: Has anyone owned a Coleman brand BBQ? If so how would you rate them?
awful, made overseas junk
Losing your freedoms to covid is like losing free costco samples. Once they're gone, they're gone for good.
Dec 15, 2017
616 posts
691 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: I bought that No Name BBQ last year. I thought it looked funky and it worked pretty well. 10 months after, the lighter doesn't work, and now even at low, the heat keeps increasing fast 400F. I can't get warranty support or anything. I imagine it's gonna be the same if you don't get a decent branded BBQ. I think the needle valve or something broke, but it's pretty irritating now. Loudly Crying Face
exactly the same thing happened to my parents superstore bbq. Even with all burners on high it's not making enough heat to cook anything. The parts are put together so terribly, there is no hope of repairing or replacing. The free Kijiji broil king I picked up is solid, high quality fittings, works perfectly. It's probably 10 yrs old.
Losing your freedoms to covid is like losing free costco samples. Once they're gone, they're gone for good.
Dec 15, 2006
995 posts
587 upvotes
Ottawa
tyray0922 wrote: Found the guy on FBM selling for $300....
Gross. I hope he still has them in November.
Jun 10, 2011
134 posts
41 upvotes
KIRKLAND
I had the same problem with my Cuisinart from Canadian Tire. The issue may be that you turn on the controls for the burners before you turn on the propane from the tank. Look at you tube and query through Google for the problem solution. Also, if it is winter then with some BBQs you may never get to a desire temperature. Look I owed a Weber for 30 years but it had a black cast iron top and bottom with wooden handles that were horizontal on the side. The new Webers are made in China and have steel/plastic rather than cast iron and made to look modern. I have seen the Vermont BBQs they still seem to have the true old solid look of cast.
Dec 10, 2014
68 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ashihtaka wrote: How did you get extra Insider points?
I bought the PC brand BBQ. The everyday essentials is non PC brand and won't get any insiders points.

The extra/double.. TBH never really noticed it was only 10% and always got 20% points on my transactions. Good timing as my trial ends next week.
Apr 25, 2005
974 posts
348 upvotes
Hi,
Sorry to reopen an old thread but I bought the 52.5k NG convertible BBQ a couple of months back and despite my generally being aware of typical sales tactics (I fell for the trap of convertible), I failed to notice that the natural gas kit was not included.

I only came to find out last weekend when I put the barbecue together.

Contacting the PC loblaws special number which essentially leads to the manufacturer BBQTEK was pointless. The answering machine kept on repeating they're not open even though I was calling within their opening hours that was indicated on the voice response and pamphlet.

I emailed them and a few days later they indicated that the natural gas conversion kit is only sold at Loblaws and Superstore.

I'm not sure if they ever carried it but nonetheless with the season ending it would be nearly impossible to find this kit.

Lo and behold it can't be sourced from the manufacturer either.

So I'm stuck with a 100 lb dead weight that I can't use unless I go propane.

Anyone happens to have spotted any natural gas conversion kits recently for these units at their local Loblaws branded stores?

I know this is a long shot but I thought I'd try anyways.

(I would not hold my breath for any warranty service either - I guess that's the price you pay for going with no name non major brand crap)

TIA