• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2020 7:51 am
[OP]
Apr 6, 2020
6 posts
1 upvote

Local community safety

Hello everyone:

I am living in Markham Ontario and I need to make an announcement of community safety concerns. I need to alert the local community.
Is there any website or forum that relate to this matter locally?

Thank you.
Share:
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
8753 posts
2422 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
weconcern wrote: Hello everyone:

I am living in Markham Ontario and I need to make an announcement of community safety concerns. I need to alert the local community.

Thank you.
Maybe report it to a municipal authority like city hall or the police department?
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
1926 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Throw a block party and then call the police.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4493 posts
882 upvotes
Scarborough
Facebook, Nextdoor, Reddit. Pick your poison.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15230 posts
3943 upvotes
Markham
weconcern wrote: Hello everyone:

Thank you.
Contact City of Markham
Customer Service
customerservice@markham.ca
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
[OP]
Apr 6, 2020
6 posts
1 upvote
Keigotw wrote: Contact City of Markham
Customer Service
customerservice@markham.ca
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
I already contacted the City of Markham but they throw the ball to the police.
Then I contacted the police but they said they need proof.

Have you heard of a tragedy took place in Markham last year? The entire family was nearly gone.
I don't want to wait for things to happen and it will be too late.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34005 posts
19867 upvotes
Ottawa
Post your concerns on street lamps, community mail boxes etc...
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
8753 posts
2422 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
weconcern wrote: I already contacted the City of Markham but they throw the ball to the police.
Then I contacted the police but they said they need proof.

Have you heard of a tragedy took place in Markham last year? The entire family was nearly gone.
I don't want to wait for things to happen and it will be too late.
No one here knows what you want to announce. That is obvious because if people did know, you wouldn’t need to announce it.

If you are planning to make a public announcement that may involve identifiable person(s), I hope you consult with a lawyer before exposing yourself to possible civil legal action. e.g., being sued
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
[OP]
Apr 6, 2020
6 posts
1 upvote
MexiCanuck wrote: No one here knows what you want to announce. That is obvious because if people did know, you wouldn’t need to announce it.

If you are planning to make a public announcement that may involve identifiable person(s), I hope you consult with a lawyer before exposing yourself to possible civil legal action. e.g., being sued
Already consulted one of the City councillor office, they said Markham by law would not prevent me from altering the local communities.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2755 posts
511 upvotes
Ontario
It's like your talking in riddles. If you got a public concern and its safety. Just say it.
Stay Safe and Corona Free...
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
[OP]
Apr 6, 2020
6 posts
1 upvote
CouponKindaGuy wrote: It's like your talking in riddles. If you got a public concern and its safety. Just say it.
Stay Safe and Corona Free...
I cannot release too much info until I talk to a law firm when they are open for business(free consultation). But I can tell you that this individual is in his 40's medium build and his family has been "keeping" him at home for years. He occasionally would go out to get coffee or smoke at the gas station. When he is calm he look ordinary and normal. But if he is triggered by something then he can go completely out of control.
What I really concern is that his house is only 2 minutes walking distance from an elementary school.
Contacting the school board is also one of my considerations.
Shall we wait for something bad happens then ask ourselves : Oh just wish that we have said something......
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11197 posts
3466 upvotes
Toronto
And you joined RFD to create a topic like this without revealing any solid details.

There is no use to say anything there if you suspect anything, talk a York Regional Police.
If they say there is no treat, then most likely there is not or maybe you are thinking too much of "maybe happening" when staying at home too long.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34005 posts
19867 upvotes
Ottawa
weconcern wrote: I cannot release too much info until I talk to a law firm when they are open for business(free consultation). But I can tell you that this individual is in his 40's medium build and his family has been "keeping" him at home for years. He occasionally would go out to get coffee or smoke at the gas station. When he is calm he look ordinary and normal. But if he is triggered by something then he can go completely out of control.
What I really concern is that his house is only 2 minutes walking distance from an elementary school.
Shall we wait for something bad happens then ask ourselves : Oh just wish that we have said something......
Send the principal an email about your concerns and they will act accordingly.
Apr 15, 2014
890 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto, ON
weconcern wrote: I cannot release too much info until I talk to a law firm when they are open for business(free consultation). But I can tell you that this individual is in his 40's medium build and his family has been "keeping" him at home for years. He occasionally would go out to get coffee or smoke at the gas station. When he is calm he look ordinary and normal. But if he is triggered by something then he can go completely out of control.
If he's done something then definitely call the police. If you've just seen him having coffee and smokes and looks like a disgusting neck beard that lives with his parents don't worry, there's lots of those.
Please respond
Sep 30, 2001
28318 posts
7317 upvotes
Toronto
Op rfd is not the appropriate place for what sounds to be very suspicious. You’ve been given some good recommendations on who to contact (maybe add the media?). Good luck.
FS: Xbox One X (NEW)

We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another