Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Local MP Office

Free Authentic, 3'x6', Canadian Flag

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2019 6:18 am
May 3, 2016
837 posts
667 upvotes
karlb wrote: Wow, that is a sexist and ignorant assumption. Are we back in the 50s? :(
Sexist that all MPs are men and ignorant that you are not aware that all MPs have budget to have office staff in their constituency office.
I would read back a few posts/pages - it's a joke continuation - an MP's wife delivered a flag to someone . . .
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11955 posts
3699 upvotes
Kingston
RSole wrote: I laugh when I see them "on sale" at CTC knowing that we can get them "for free". Just like Staples did away with their 50% price match policy because of sites like RFD, the "free" flags" from MPs may be soon restricted or no longer available because of this thread. Thanks a lot OP!!
Just after I picked up my flag I was in CT and saw a guy looking at flags. Let him know that they were free just down the road and he was happy to hear it.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14494 posts
252 upvotes
Mississauga
Just got this yesterday. I opted for the larger flag !

Good afternoon Mike,

I hope this email finds you well. Thank you so much for contacting MP Sikand’s office. We do indeed have Canada flags that we give out to community members. There are several options. We have the large flag (the one you find on flag poles) and small paper flags. We also have Canada flag lapel pins.

Which flag would you prefer?

Please let me know and I can have it sent out to you.

Kind regards,
Sarah

cid:image001.png@01D29370.D08DCD60

Sarah Hleyhel
Outreach Coordinator
Office of Gagan Sikand
Member of Parliament, Mississauga-Streetsville
6990 Financial Drive, Unit 8G
Mississauga, ON L5N 8J4
Office | Bureau : (905) 812-1811
Fax | Télécopieur : (905) 812-8464
E-mail | Courriel: gagan.sikand.c1c@parl.gc.ca
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1417 upvotes
Abbotsford
mlc2000 wrote: Just got this yesterday. I opted for the larger flag !

Good afternoon Mike,

I hope this email finds you well. Thank you so much for contacting MP Sikand’s office. We do indeed have Canada flags that we give out to community members. There are several options. We have the large flag (the one you find on flag poles) and small paper flags. We also have Canada flag lapel pins.

Which flag would you prefer?

Please let me know and I can have it sent out to you.

Kind regards,
Sarah

cid:image001.png@01D29370.D08DCD60

Sarah Hleyhel
Outreach Coordinator
Office of Gagan Sikand
Member of Parliament, Mississauga-Streetsville
6990 Financial Drive, Unit 8G
Mississauga, ON L5N 8J4
Office | Bureau : (905) 812-1811
Fax | Télécopieur : (905) 812-8464
E-mail | Courriel: gagan.sikand.c1c@parl.gc.ca
This is the appropriate response from an mp office. Anything less deserves no vote
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1417 upvotes
Abbotsford
2019. The great RFD flag shortage crisis.
This will end up a big election issue. Lololol
May 13, 2015
281 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
An honest question to 1% who downvoted for this being not a good price? Do you expect to get paid?
Images
  • NotAGoodPrice.JPG
Life isn’t fair but Thank God - there is RFD.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1621 posts
1786 upvotes
QC, Canada
I got a response from my MP's office, 4 days later since initial contact. Flag getting mailed out today! :D
Dec 31, 2015
32 posts
56 upvotes
Collingwood, ON
No luck in Grey-Bruce Ontario. I am told they have a limited supply and are saving them for legions and special events. Bummer
Dec 15, 2017
226 posts
249 upvotes
Thanks OP!! Got mine today. Since their working hours are 10-4 pm, I asked if it can be mailed out.. They said they can mail it out no problem!! Canada day Ready Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1398 posts
863 upvotes
murphy22 wrote: No luck in Grey-Bruce Ontario. I am told they have a limited supply and are saving them for legions and special events. Bummer
Lots in Brampton....
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
my MP just ignored me.
Last edited by wildzero on Jun 17th, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3874 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
pmehley wrote: An honest question to 1% who downvoted for this being not a good price? Do you expect to get paid?
No the 1% is that one guy deep_sitch or whatever his username is, that doesn't want his tax payer money going to waste, and feels this thread exacerbates his issue with irresponsible tax spending.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Aug 4, 2004
719 posts
549 upvotes
wow.. my MP is quick.. I emailed her 10mins ago.. replied back and asked to call office. Reserved!
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1964 posts
3172 upvotes
Unixverse
I got a response after 2 days, however I need to go and pick it up from their office, which is fine considering many folks here got rejected and it's not too far away from my house.
Feb 11, 2019
394 posts
753 upvotes
Gatineau
Email sent... To be continued Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
😄 Public Mobile 34$/50GB 5G CANADA/USA 😄
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1840 posts
1485 upvotes
QuinteWest
pmehley wrote: An honest question to 1% who downvoted for this being not a good price? Do you expect to get paid?
I downvoted as the cost is not free. My guess with typical beaurucratic process, the flags are likely $50 each. Probably more. Next time gas tax goes up, or HST is applied to more products, we end up paying for this. Old saying... No such thing a free lunch! This free flag is no different.
Jul 16, 2017
274 posts
300 upvotes
N8Magic wrote: For anyone taking advantage of this, PLEASE be sure to follow proper flag protocol when displaying:

https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-herit ... rules.html

It is a symbol of our national pride after all, and deserves the respect outlined in the link above.
Hmm.. I just strap mine onto a hockey stick and take it out for Canada Day or to celebrate sports team victories. I thought that was the proper usage, but doesn't appear to be covered on the website, so I believe it needs to be updated.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)