Freebies

[Local MP Office] Free Authentic, 3'x6', Canadian Flag

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2019 6:18 am
Jun 27, 2019
1 posts
3 upvotes
My MP sent the flag to my home in person, and left a note(nobody was at home) that hopes me to enjoy the flag.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
1533 posts
1348 upvotes
Whitby
Got my flags. Two big ones, two small ones for kids. Just walked in to pickup.

Technically you already PAID for these. ;)

Happy Canada Day.

After watching those democratic debates for two nights we have a lot to be thankful for in the great white north.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2017
1033 posts
560 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just send email to my MP... If I don't here from him this morning, I'll walk into his constituency office at lunch (close to my work) and try to grab one.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
LOL @ "FREE".. this is a complete waste of tax dollars.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9596 posts
3010 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Kurtz7834 wrote: LOL @ "FREE".. this is a complete waste of tax dollars.
Disagree. There is nothing wrong with displaying some patriotism for our country. The cost for the flag is minimal and it promotes unity and everything we, as Canadians, stand for. Sure you can buy one, but I see no waste in providing one for the household.

You want to talk about waste, discuss excess plastics used in our everyday lives, excess driving of fossil fuel cars, oversized gas guzzling SUVs that mostly transport one person, overconsumption of meat products, unnecessary overpopulation, unnecessary cutting out green belts, etc. Believe it or not, we all pay for all those things, whether they come directly from tax dollars or not.

Getting a flag from your democratically elected mp is far from waste.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
Andro wrote: Disagree. There is nothing wrong with displaying some patriotism for our country. The cost for the flag is minimal and it promotes unity and everything we, as Canadians, stand for. Sure you can buy one, but I see no waste in providing one for the household.

You want to talk about waste, discuss excess plastics used in our everyday lives, excess driving of fossil fuel cars, oversized gas guzzling SUVs that mostly transport one person, overconsumption of meat products, unnecessary overpopulation, unnecessary cutting out green belts, etc. Believe it or not, we all pay for all those things, whether they come directly from tax dollars or not.

Getting a flag from your democratically elected mp is far from waste.
Canada hardly has an overpopulation problem, quite the opposite actually. The other things that you criticize generally have nothing to do with government spending.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3498 posts
777 upvotes
If you are in Ontario, your MPP may have a supply of both Canada and Ontario flags as well. They receive a small budget to purchase flags but up to them if and how they spend it re flag sizes, materials, Ontario vs. Canada, etc.

MPs by comparison just get a shipment of flags once a year- so they don't get any discretion in what they are provided with.
Last edited by CorSter on Jun 28th, 2019 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2165 posts
1071 upvotes
Mississauga
Received the flag in my mailbox day before yesterday. Sent a thank you email to MPs office. :)
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
1533 posts
1348 upvotes
Whitby
Just fire off a quick email, then walk in and grab. You already paid for it. And its Canada day weekend. Which MP office is going to turn you away. Happy trails!!! Free is free.
Dec 28, 2018
69 posts
48 upvotes
JimmyC680 wrote: I second that. How to install it?

I came to Canada 12 years ago and never had a flag before. I feel proud I became citizen, so I want to display it in the neighborhood.

Edit : just found out some instructions :
https://www.canadaflagshop.com/index.php/flag-help

https://www.canadaflagshop.com/images/C ... d_Rope.jpg
I replied email to thank my MP and ask for help how to install it and he sent the video below. Hope it helps!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)