Expired Freebies

[Local MP Office] Re: Free Authentic, 3'x6', Canadian Flag Annually, Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2018 2:28 am
Mar 15, 2011
366 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Would be nice if people showed their flags given its 10 days to Canada day.

When driving or walking down the street l see lots of world cup country flags , but no Canada flags??
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1371 posts
374 upvotes
GreenFinGirl wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 6:50 pm

When driving or walking down the street l see lots of world cup country flags , but no Canada flags??
Canadians outnumbered in Canada
Alex
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11464 posts
3602 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GreenFinGirl wrote:

Would be different if Canada was in the World Cup... I guess in 2026 we'll get in automatically.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11213 posts
1656 upvotes
RFD
GreenFinGirl wrote:

If the Canadian government gave me a huge Canadian flag, I would gladly bear it on my front porch. With all the money they are throwing away, you think they'd be able to give us all free flags at least one time in a decade. There's a guy where I pass by that has a fully painted double garage door of the Canadian flag in red and white and it's totally amazingly done.
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5040 posts
1302 upvotes
^^ ... This flag is quite large (90 cm x 180 cm) and of good quality. And FREE at that.

All you gotta do, basically, is .. Go get it! :D
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3867 posts
5312 upvotes
Ontario
Darkman wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 12:03 pm
What does "any of Bloc MPs" mean? :)
The MPs in Quebec that are from the Bloc Quebecois party.
Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4666 posts
1032 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:36 pm
They also have small Canadian Flag lapel pins that you can get for free. On my last trip to Asia I got around 25 lapel pins from the MP office and gave them out as small tokens of appreciation during my trip. It's a great way to strike up conversation with the locals and also to differentiate yourself from the assumed American persona that the locals might have when they meet you.
fantastic idea
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4666 posts
1032 upvotes
Toronto
Darkman wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 4:55 pm
^ ^ ... MP in our area / his office told me ... NEVER again will they give out those flags ... pins - ya ... but NO FLAGS :(

They used to ... but nowadays ... "the limited supply" that they get is reserved for various organizations / no profit places etc etc ... blah blah blah ...

In any case ... as mentioned she reserved for me 12 pins.

PROBLEM IS SOLVED ANYHOW ... LOL

I decided to call some other MP ... near my mother's place ... in her area ...

Called there ... and no problem ... CAN get a flag! ... didn't even need to give them my name ... just come and take it ... (one per household) ... requested some pins too ... was asked why i need 'em ... gave them reason .. and said will drop by some day.

Meanwhile I called another MP .. not too far from my area (in the area where I was to pick up my wife earlier today) .. and no problem ... they have flags and pins ... come and take 'em ... no need to give them my name even.

So before picking up my wife ... - stopped there and got full size flag (no poll / post or whatever it's called) ... very nice quality. ... Plus - 24 pins.

After I picked up my wife ... was going to my mother's place ... picked up my mother ... and one street over was that other MP office ... stopped there ... and got without any issues -- 24 pins, 1 full size flag (same one as I got at other place) for my mother ... and 1 table size flag - for me.
Table size flag is a real one (not paper one, but cloth one) ... can stand it on the table .. with a little post ... nice little flag actually :) ... That one was not available at other office(s) that i called... So was a good bonus.

So after dropping off my mother .. went back home ... took somewhat different root / road ... - to be able to stop at OUR OWN MP's office.

Did just that ... Stopped at our own MP office ... got out from my car .. and took a full size flag (it's packaged) with me to that office...

Gave the woman my name ... she had 12 pins "reserved" for me, lol ... got my pins ... and then showed her the flag in my hand ... and gave her my piece of mind ...

She didn't look very comfortable .... apologized to me for the way they "run their flags" business ... but I am sure she'll survive ... cuz deep in her eyes I saw that she didn't really give a flying kite one way or another ... about my displeasure with their office etc.

I told her ... "I got what I wanted now ... but just letting you know that there is something wrong with that picture -- with the way your run your "flag business" over at your office" ... LOL

Said "thank you for the pins" .. and walked away ...

Done.

Thanks OP .. and thanked ... (together with Kiraly) :D
so in short, you horded flags?
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5040 posts
1302 upvotes
^ ^ This is RFD ... Is perma ban coming now? :D

... and if so -- for who -- for me or you? :)