• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2021 10:37 pm
[OP]
Mar 5, 2007
316 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto

Local Toronto Dentists

Looking to eventually book a dentist appointment, but I hate them as I’m sure a lot of people do. Anyone know of any local incentives, like a free electric toothbrush or cashback like they had with Opencare (unsure if I’d be eligible again, but I did receive $200 for booking a dentist appointment through them)?

Thanks, RFD!
7 replies
Mar 29, 2011
83 posts
67 upvotes
near you
The incentive for seeing a dentist is keeping your 1 set of teeth. I would be a lot more focused on great reviews and front of house interaction over a free tooth brush.

And if you consider the extra cost of PPE, air filtration, and waiting times between appointments that the dental community is saddled with, would you rather see somebody that you can trust for decades to come versus a gimmick freebie? The other consideration is a privately owned dental clinic versus a corporately owned one. Just my 0.02.
Nov 27, 2020
140 posts
352 upvotes
r3ddrag0nx wrote: Looking to eventually book a dentist appointment, but I hate them as I’m sure a lot of people do. Anyone know of any local incentives, like a free electric toothbrush or cashback like they had with Opencare (unsure if I’d be eligible again, but I did receive $200 for booking a dentist appointment through them)?

Thanks, RFD!
Is it April fool's fay?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1953 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
I was at a dental office a few years ago and one of the customers asked for a discount. The dentist told her that this is not a flea market.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
2244 posts
2281 upvotes
GTA
zero_ wrote: I was at a dental office a few years ago and one of the customers asked for a discount. The dentist told her that this is not a flea market.
Many dentists discount when the patient pays cash and has no insurance. I negotiate even with insurance. Knocked a $1K off one of the kids braces that didn't have 100% coverage.
Jan 11, 2007
489 posts
92 upvotes
GTA
I would be wary of these gimmicks to attract new clients. Chances are higher that those dentists will later try to upsell you on things that are not necessary such as replacing silver fillings with white ones or teeth whitening.
[OP]
Mar 5, 2007
316 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Y’all are parrow as f***, lol. And I thought this was a deals forum! I’ve gotten a free electric toothbrush and $200 gift card. Get with the program! Smiling Face With Sunglasses