• Nov 13th, 2020 7:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
3332 posts
1030 upvotes
GTA

Login issues since iPhone Update

I was logged out after the update and now I can't login in using Chrome or Safari on my phone as it says my username or password is incorrect which it isn't. My laptop is still ok though, any idea what the issue is?
8 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14996 posts
28304 upvotes
Scarborough
Are you referring to our main app or the discontinued Forums app?

There was also an update to our websites log in system about 3 weeks ago and select accounts might be forced to do a password reset. Worth a try if you haven't already done so.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts] [Thread Hiding]
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
3332 posts
1030 upvotes
GTA
No app/apps just using the website on my phone, I will try password reset to see if that helps likely on my end though as it is now happening on another site.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
3332 posts
1030 upvotes
GTA
TomRFD wrote: Are you referring to our main app or the discontinued Forums app?

There was also an update to our websites log in system about 3 weeks ago and select accounts might be forced to do a password reset. Worth a try if you haven't already done so.
The password reset worked, thanks for helping.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
4662 posts
3490 upvotes
I'm actually having login issues as well after a Windows update on my laptop. Even though my username and password is saved in the browser it's not letting me login yet I'm able to login to my phone. Any ideas? I really don't want to reset my password and I noticed that this happens to me every so often.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14996 posts
28304 upvotes
Scarborough
hierophant wrote: I'm actually having login issues as well after a Windows update on my laptop. Even though my username and password is saved in the browser it's not letting me login yet I'm able to login to my phone. Any ideas? I really don't want to reset my password and I noticed that this happens to me every so often.
Wish I had another suggestion to offer but doing a password reset might be the only thing that fixes this problem. We upgraded our log in system a few weeks back and a very small amount of users will be required to do a password reset to restore will access to their account.

If it doesn't fix your problem, please send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
4662 posts
3490 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: Wish I had another suggestion to offer but doing a password reset might be the only thing that fixes this problem. We upgraded our log in system a few weeks back and a very small amount of users will be required to do a password reset to restore will access to their account.

If it doesn't fix your problem, please send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
I clicked on that forget your password link but have yet to receive the email so now I'm trying to change it on my phone but I don't understand why the password restriction is to 12-50 characters that's pretty excessive, even my banks and insurance companies don't ask for such long passwords. Like I said I don't want to change my password, as I have to do this each time and I'm running out of passwords especially with the length requirements. Maybe this is a sign that I stop frequenting this site lol
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14996 posts
28304 upvotes
Scarborough
hierophant wrote: I clicked on that forget your password link but have yet to receive the email so now I'm trying to change it on my phone but I don't understand why the password restriction is to 12-50 characters that's pretty excessive, even my banks and insurance companies don't ask for such long passwords. Like I said I don't want to change my password, as I have to do this each time and I'm running out of passwords especially with the length requirements. Maybe this is a sign that I stop frequenting this site lol
The 12 character minimum for passwords was part of the recent update. I have no idea why it was made that long, but I'm sure the dev team had their reasons.

I was curious so I looked into your account. There were actually a few things broken with your account. Your email address in one spot was purged due to inactivity, and your log in name differed from your username. I fixed both, so I think you should be able to log in fine using your old password on any device. Let me know if it worked or not.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
4662 posts
3490 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: The 12 character minimum for passwords was part of the recent update. I have no idea why it was made that long, but I'm sure the dev team had their reasons.

I was curious so I looked into your account. There were actually a few things broken with your account. Your email address in one spot was purged due to inactivity, and your log in name differed from your username. I fixed both, so I think you should be able to log in fine using your old password on any device. Let me know if it worked or not.
Yes that worked, thank you! I'm relieved I don't have to change to a 12 character password (that's just nuts for a discussion board, sorry lol).