Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10896 posts
3167 upvotes

$50 off Logitech HomeKit doorbell, $30 off HomeKit security camera

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Logitech Canada
Logitech new year’s sale, $30 off $150 and $50 off $250, free shipping over $49. Coupon code NY23CAD

https://www.logitech.com/en-ca/products/cameras.html

CIRCLE VIEW DOORBELL
Apple HomeKit-enabled video doorbell with Face Recognition
Regular $269.99, $219.99 after coupon

CIRCLE VIEW CAMERA
Apple HomeKit-enabled wired security camera with best-in-class Logitech TrueView video
Regular $219.99, $189.99 after coupon.

Both are HomeKit only, both support HomeKit secure video.

With the coupon, these are cheaper than the US.
2% rakuten.
7 replies
Jul 26, 2016
140 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Only doorbell that works properly with HKSV. Thanks OP, this wasn’t even in stock at reg price. In for 1 with $50 off.

Edit: If you’re downvoting this because you can’t get it for peanuts, not everything is supposed to be 75% off to be a deal. This doorbell rarely goes on sale if you can even find stock, be grateful for RFDers that post than to be quick to downvote and complain. (Been seeing that a lot lately)..You are not a true RFDER.
Last edited by left2van on Dec 27th, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YYZ ⟳ YVR (..in a time where you scroll through Netflix searching for something to watch, until it's time to go to bed)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10896 posts
3167 upvotes
left2van wrote: Only doorbell that works properly with HKSV. Thanks OP, this wasn’t even in stock at reg price. In for 1 with $50 off.

Edit: If you’re downvoting this because you can’t get it for peanuts, not everything is supposed to be 75% off to be a deal. This doorbell rarely goes on sale if you can even find stock, be grateful for RFDers that post than to be quick to downvote and complain. (Been seeing that a lot lately)..You are not a true RFDER.
Belkin wemo works with HKSV, I think. Fisheye lens on that one.

Until this year, the Logitech was only available in the US, which meant paying more and needing an amerifriend or other most costly way to get it to Canada. For it to be available in Canada and now cheaper than the US, I’ve been waiting over a year. Worth it for me.
Last edited by ceredon on Dec 27th, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 22, 2020
110 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP.

I heard the one of the earlier Circle cameras were being discontinued. Found the link: https://www.logitech.com/en-us/eol/circle-2.html
Not sure if these Circle cameras will be obsoleted as well, may be to do with Matter/Thread.. Not sure as I am new to this. Can anyone share their views on this if this is a good investment, as getting into HomeKit seems to be a huge investment compared to non-HomeKit devices.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10896 posts
3167 upvotes
tokarthi wrote: Thanks OP.

I heard the one of the earlier Circle cameras were being discontinued. Found the link: https://www.logitech.com/en-us/eol/circle-2.html
Not sure if these Circle cameras will be obsoleted as well, may be to do with Matter/Thread.. Not sure as I am new to this. Can anyone share their views on this if this is a good investment, as getting into HomeKit seems to be a huge investment compared to non-HomeKit devices.
All devices will eventually be discontinued, that’s just how things work. The one you linked to is an older model. It did well, but when they discontinued it, they made the replacement HK only. Not sure why, but they didn’t introduce another comparable camera for other platforms at all. Perhaps they are just sticking with the market they were making money with.

If you’re looking for a doorbell or camera now, I wouldn’t let Matter dissuade you from buying now. Unless you plan to switch to another HA platform, future devices that support Matter won’t be any additional benefit. The benefit of Matter, for manufacturers, is that they won’t have to support multiple platforms, they can just support Matter. For consumers, especially HK users, Matter will mean more devices that are compatible. HK devices have generally been more difficult to find at reasonable prices, than similar Google assistant or Alexa devices, mostly because they are more secure. For example,HK devices have always required Device Code Flow to add them, while google and Alexa just need to be in pairing mode. Matter will also use Device Code Flow.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1573 posts
372 upvotes
Montreal
Definitely interesting. I had the defunct August doorbell camera that they simply killed....with no replacement. They kept churning out new generation of locks but not doorbells....
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1100 posts
1203 upvotes
Ontario
Got the doorbell, have some Circle 2 cameras that still work fine. 1 died but the rest going strong on free 24 hour recording. Not great Night vision but good basic solution for Apple HomeKit users.
Apr 1, 2009
420 posts
208 upvotes
GTA
Thank you OP! I ordered the doorbell to replace my EZVIZ DB2.