Expired Hot Deals

[Memory Express] Logitech G604 mouse, $59.99 (now also at other stores - see thread summary)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2020 12:37 pm
[OP]
Mar 19, 2012
198 posts
465 upvotes
Calgary

[Memory Express] Logitech G604 mouse, $59.99 (now also at other stores - see thread summary)

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX78832

So I was just hoping that this mouse might drop below $100 and actually be available this BF season (as even Logitech has it out of stock) .

I am in shock that the sale is this good.

Anyway, now I'm hoping that the mouse is indeed perfect for my needs too.

PPP for comparisons: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/nmk ... 910-005622

Edit: Just checked Logitech's site and they have stock again and have dropped their price to the same price: https://www.logitechg.com/en-ca/product ... 05622.html
I'm not quite understanding their logic (pun intended), but it seems that they are driving this price drop.

UPDATE @NOON ON 18 NOV: So Logitech's site went OOS within an hour and ME is down to only four stores showing any stock now. Thanks to @Elrondolio (and the others for noticing) for updating the Thread Summary with the new retailers with the same discount now.

I am coming from using a G700 (which made my hand sweat) and G700s (better, but still heavy and large and now having issues). I wanted this mouse because of the reasons @Elrondolio cited: "The G604 is wireless, not wired. It's also highly programmable per game (15 buttons), has the Hero 25K sensor (25,600 dpi) compared to Hero 16K sensor (16,000 dpi), runs on Bluetooth without dongle or Lightspeed with dongle (and thus can connect to two computers this way), has a long battery life [240 hours over Lightspeed and 5.5+ months over Bluetooth], switchable between ratchet scrolling and smooth spin, etc." The most enticing thing for me (apart from the switchable mouse wheel) is the six buttons on the side for productivity. But, yeah, the one drawback is that you can't use it wired and some complain that it is still on the larger size. The G602's buttons on the side were not as easy to use and it didn't have the switchable mouse wheel. While I like the MX Master series somewhat for productivity, it's not much fun to use in any sort of gaming.
Last edited by nGord on Nov 18th, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
188 replies
Feb 18, 2007
748 posts
920 upvotes
Vancouver
Maybe they're launching new model soon?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3793 posts
2430 upvotes
Ontario
Debating I have a Wired G500s it has 3 side buttons I tried a gaming MMO Mouse before with like 9+ side buttons and jumped off a bridge I could not do it I think the size was quite small too I have quite bigger hands.
---
Aug 8, 2014
114 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto, ON
danascully wrote: Maybe they're launching new model soon?
The G604 is the successor to the G602, and it took almost 6 years for it to happen. The G604 came out last year, so I doubt they'll make another one for a number of years.
Mar 30, 2007
200 posts
164 upvotes
Thanks OP! Purchased one! this deal is dangerously good.
Also been eyeing on this mouse for months, cheapest was on prime day for 79.99. It was sold out like immediately.
The shitty thing with Memory Express was their shipping fee, but hey its still cheaper than the all time low price.
I really wonder how they break even!
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1927 posts
3471 upvotes
swordman2000 wrote: Thanks OP! Purchased one! this deal is dangerously good.
Also been eyeing on this mouse for months, cheapest was on prime day for 79.99. It was sold out like immediately.
The shitty thing with Memory Express was their shipping fee, but hey its still cheaper than the all time low price.
I really wonder how they break even!
It just offered me Canada Post Xpresspost 6-8 day shipping (an upgrade over standard and normally a $13.25 option) on my G604 order for free (total came to $67.41). Don't know why as ME has always been $8.99 for even standard shipping. Anyone else get free shipping?

Last edited by Elrondolio on Nov 18th, 2020 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2320 posts
754 upvotes
YVR
Pros of this vs MX518? Not really a huge gamer so I'm probably not the target market. Doesn't look like it has sideways scroll, looks comfortable enough though
Zoomer
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1927 posts
3471 upvotes
TeriyakiJack wrote: Pros of this vs MX518? Not really a huge gamer so I'm probably not the target market. Doesn't look like it has sideways scroll, looks comfortable enough though
The G604 is wireless, not wired. It's also highly programmable per game (15 buttons), has the Hero 25K sensor (25,600 dpi) compared to Hero 16K sensor (16,000 dpi), runs on bluetooth without dongle or lightspeed with dongle and an connect to multiple computers this way, has long battery life, switchable between ratchet scrolling and smooth spin, etc.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6286 posts
1190 upvotes
Logitech site now OOS.

I have the G700 for maybe close to 6 years. Only developed a double click issue now.

I can say, having the extra buttons, I can bind it to:

skip tracks/back tracks
increase/decrease volume
mute sound
pause/play
forward / back

Super helpful on the day to day, can't live without the extra buttons.
Last edited by 1xTiMeR on Nov 18th, 2020 2:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1927 posts
3471 upvotes
1xTiMeR wrote: Logitech site now OOS
Going fast. Only 3 left at ME as of now.

Edit: and 5 minutes later now oos at ME.
Jul 25, 2007
784 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Just went through some reviews and looks great! Thanks OP great find and upvoted CC find as well thanks!
Aug 28, 2014
405 posts
522 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
This is SUPER DUPER HOT

Available on Amazon as well. This is more or less half price and the G604 never goes on sale.

Bravo, good find!
Aug 17, 2015
250 posts
305 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I almost pulled the trigger on amazon prime day - this is nuts. Thanks OP - picked one up at Amazon
Sep 6, 2020
14 posts
18 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
I ordered this to replace my G700 but I'm not so sure. Unfortunately, you can't use this mouse wired, but it's not a big issue because of the 240 hour battery life.

Does anyone know if the new Ghub software will allow me to input alt+q, alt+w, etc for the side buttons? I'm using those for items in HoN.