Hot Deals

[Logitech] Logitech K830 Illuminated Living Room Rechargable Wireless Keyboard for $69.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2020 2:33 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 27, 2014
7 posts
14 upvotes
Milton

Logitech K830 Illuminated Living Room Rechargable Wireless Keyboard for $69.99

Deal Link:
Price:
$69.99
Savings:
$30-$50
Retailer:
Logitech
Right now you can get this awsome keyboard for 69.99 with free shipping directly from Logitech and other retailers (Canada Computers, Dell, etc) If you have HTPC, then this keyboard is a must.
44 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1271 posts
514 upvotes
Good keyboard. The backlight is key. It would have been perfect if they put the left click button on top (like the k400+) instead of in front.
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recognize me.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2749 posts
689 upvotes
Vancouver
Read the setup guide. I get the impression that the battery is not replaceable. I will assume then when the battery dies, unit goes to recycling.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9539 posts
2258 upvotes
Montreal, QC
yvrwindsor wrote: Read the setup guide. I get the impression that the battery is not replaceable. I will assume then when the battery dies, unit goes to recycling.
The kb will probably be trashed by then, everything is replaceable, may just require more work/skills.
Aug 29, 2001
415 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Daijoubu wrote: The kb will probably be trashed by then, everything is replaceable, may just require more work/skills.
Yes I agree, it will be daijoubu
Aug 29, 2004
106 posts
91 upvotes
ziaa wrote: Good keyboard. The backlight is key. It would have been perfect if they put the left click button on top (like the k400+) instead of in front.
The left mouse-click is located on the top left corner of the keyboard, not on the face with the keys.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6370 posts
2639 upvotes
NB: This keyboard works great with Amazon Fire Sticks.
Nov 20, 2017
436 posts
310 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote: NB: This keyboard works great with Amazon Fire Sticks.
I was just about to say this would be great with my firestick
Don't go broke saving
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2685 posts
3628 upvotes
BC
These have been on sale for $30 a couple times in the past. Mine has been great, surprised how long the battery lasts.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9539 posts
2258 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Tbh I'm not a fan of using a KB on a couch, on the lap, the Lenovo N5902 multimedia remote imo is the best couch potato form factor, can be used on handed laying down.
Sadly not readily available anymore.
My old one is really acting up and not useable anymore.

I'm not going to be doing any typing contest or writing essays, focus should be on portability/mouse and KB second.

I got a little KB/trackpad that flips over, works ok but have its quirks.
Last edited by Daijoubu on Sep 28th, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14715 posts
2709 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
yvrwindsor wrote: Read the setup guide. I get the impression that the battery is not replaceable. I will assume then when the battery dies, unit goes to recycling.
Buy their older model, which allows for replaceable batteries. Rest seems to be the same.
Apr 1, 2015
844 posts
461 upvotes
NOYB
Pros over K400
- bluetooth
- rechargable battery
- illuminating

i wonder how it types ..
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6370 posts
2639 upvotes
Jordanferras wrote: I was just about to say this would be great with my firestick
The keyboard comes with a Bluetooth dongle which is useless for Firestick. So how to pair it?
  • In the Firestick GUI - Go to settings > Controllers & Bluetooth Devices > Add Bluetooth device
  • On the K830 press FN and Del(Bluetooth icon on the button) to put the K830 in pairing mode.
  • Select K830 (as a device) in the Firestick GUI
  • A code should pop up on the screen - type it on the keyboard and press enter.

NB: the trackpad will work in APPS - it doesn't show on the Amazon Home screen.

Things that don't work on the K830: Volume Control, Alexa, Power, TV

I got this from a fellow RFD member (don't remember who) when I bought 2 K830's the last time they were on sale.
Nov 20, 2017
436 posts
310 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote: The keyboard comes with a Bluetooth dongle which is useless for Firestick. So how to pair it?
  • In the Firestick GUI - Go to settings > Controllers & Bluetooth Devices > Add Bluetooth device
  • On the K830 press FN and Del(Bluetooth icon on the button) to put the K830 in pairing mode.
  • Select K830 (as a device) in the Firestick GUI
  • A code should pop up on the screen - type it on the keyboard and press enter.

NB: the trackpad will work in APPS - it doesn't show on the Amazon Home screen.

Things that don't work on the K830: Volume Control, Alexa, Power, TV

I got this from a fellow RFD member (don't remember who) when I bought 2 K830's the last time they were on sale.
I bought a USB adapter/splitter for my firestick from a previous attempt at connecting an IR receiver (it never ended up working). I wonder if the bluetooth dongle would work if plugged in via USB. Good to know there's an alternative as per your post
Don't go broke saving