Expired Hot Deals

Logitech

Logitech K830 Illuminated Living Room Rechargable Wireless Keyboard for $69.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2020 2:33 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 27, 2014
7 posts
14 upvotes
Milton

Logitech K830 Illuminated Living Room Rechargable Wireless Keyboard for $69.99

Deal Link:
Price:
$69.99
Savings:
$30-$50
Retailer:
Logitech
Right now you can get this awsome keyboard for 69.99 with free shipping directly from Logitech and other retailers (Canada Computers, Dell, etc) If you have HTPC, then this keyboard is a must.
44 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 16, 2007
1430 posts
663 upvotes
Good keyboard. The backlight is key. It would have been perfect if they put the left click button on top (like the k400+) instead of in front.
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recognize me.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2996 posts
867 upvotes
Vancouver
Read the setup guide. I get the impression that the battery is not replaceable. I will assume then when the battery dies, unit goes to recycling.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 11, 2004
10310 posts
2881 upvotes
Montreal, QC
yvrwindsor wrote: Read the setup guide. I get the impression that the battery is not replaceable. I will assume then when the battery dies, unit goes to recycling.
The kb will probably be trashed by then, everything is replaceable, may just require more work/skills.
Member
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
445 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
Daijoubu wrote: The kb will probably be trashed by then, everything is replaceable, may just require more work/skills.
Yes I agree, it will be daijoubu
Jr. Member
Aug 29, 2004
133 posts
115 upvotes
ziaa wrote: Good keyboard. The backlight is key. It would have been perfect if they put the left click button on top (like the k400+) instead of in front.
The left mouse-click is located on the top left corner of the keyboard, not on the face with the keys.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6592 posts
3176 upvotes
NB: This keyboard works great with Amazon Fire Sticks.
Sr. Member
Nov 20, 2017
771 posts
563 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote: NB: This keyboard works great with Amazon Fire Sticks.
I was just about to say this would be great with my firestick
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
3906 posts
5604 upvotes
BC
These have been on sale for $30 a couple times in the past. Mine has been great, surprised how long the battery lasts.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 11, 2004
10310 posts
2881 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Tbh I'm not a fan of using a KB on a couch, on the lap, the Lenovo N5902 multimedia remote imo is the best couch potato form factor, can be used on handed laying down.
Sadly not readily available anymore.
My old one is really acting up and not useable anymore.

I'm not going to be doing any typing contest or writing essays, focus should be on portability/mouse and KB second.

I got a little KB/trackpad that flips over, works ok but have its quirks.
Last edited by Daijoubu on Sep 28th, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
15602 posts
3476 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
yvrwindsor wrote: Read the setup guide. I get the impression that the battery is not replaceable. I will assume then when the battery dies, unit goes to recycling.
Buy their older model, which allows for replaceable batteries. Rest seems to be the same.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
930 upvotes
NOYFB
Pros over K400
- bluetooth
- rechargable battery
- illuminating

i wonder how it types ..
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6592 posts
3176 upvotes
Jordanferras wrote: I was just about to say this would be great with my firestick
The keyboard comes with a Bluetooth dongle which is useless for Firestick. So how to pair it?
  • In the Firestick GUI - Go to settings > Controllers & Bluetooth Devices > Add Bluetooth device
  • On the K830 press FN and Del(Bluetooth icon on the button) to put the K830 in pairing mode.
  • Select K830 (as a device) in the Firestick GUI
  • A code should pop up on the screen - type it on the keyboard and press enter.

NB: the trackpad will work in APPS - it doesn't show on the Amazon Home screen.

Things that don't work on the K830: Volume Control, Alexa, Power, TV

I got this from a fellow RFD member (don't remember who) when I bought 2 K830's the last time they were on sale.
Sr. Member
Nov 20, 2017
771 posts
563 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote: The keyboard comes with a Bluetooth dongle which is useless for Firestick. So how to pair it?
  • In the Firestick GUI - Go to settings > Controllers & Bluetooth Devices > Add Bluetooth device
  • On the K830 press FN and Del(Bluetooth icon on the button) to put the K830 in pairing mode.
  • Select K830 (as a device) in the Firestick GUI
  • A code should pop up on the screen - type it on the keyboard and press enter.

NB: the trackpad will work in APPS - it doesn't show on the Amazon Home screen.

Things that don't work on the K830: Volume Control, Alexa, Power, TV

I got this from a fellow RFD member (don't remember who) when I bought 2 K830's the last time they were on sale.
I bought a USB adapter/splitter for my firestick from a previous attempt at connecting an IR receiver (it never ended up working). I wonder if the bluetooth dongle would work if plugged in via USB. Good to know there's an alternative as per your post
Member
Dec 10, 2003
470 posts
366 upvotes
Vancouver #1
I use this on my home theater PC. It's great. Battery lasts long time. Works on blue tooth for second device. It even connects to my tv directly without the dongle. No idea how it does that. Sony tv x900e.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4189 posts
1131 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Great device - battery lasts a long time.
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
21979 posts
13824 upvotes
Kitchener
Jordanferras wrote: I bought a USB adapter/splitter for my firestick from a previous attempt at connecting an IR receiver (it never ended up working). I wonder if the bluetooth dongle would work if plugged in via USB. Good to know there's an alternative as per your post
The logitech wireless adapter isn't a BT dongle, but yes it will work without an issue when plugged into your Firestick USB hub.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 13, 2004
5002 posts
982 upvotes
great wireless keyboard got one for my dad on his setup a few years ago. Works great and worth every penny.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Sr. Member
Mar 18, 2008
598 posts
756 upvotes
Toronto
I use this one below, got it as a lightning deal for $20 or so. Have had it for a year now and no issues at all. Regular price $37

Rii Wireless Touch Keyboard,3-Colors Backlight Keyboard,First Multi-Touch Big Size Trackpad,Rechargeable Keyboard for Android TV Box,Smart TV,Xbox,Raspberry Pi,PC,Tablet,HTPC,Android,Windows,MacOS.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07TTS9Y8Q/ref ... CFbZRBQN8Z
Images
  • 89A71BD0-EC6B-438A-9219-181C20422158.png

Top