Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Logitech M720 Triathlon Mouse $39.99 ($30 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2021 12:21 am
Jul 29, 2008
211 posts
207 upvotes
saudor wrote: Does this have the double click issue ?

Edit: yes of course they do. Most mice manufacturers use the Chinese cheap omron switches. Cheaper for them to manufacture . Breaks more often. Win win for the company
Probably you didn't realize Omron is a Japanese company. They used to have their switches made in Japan. So this blame should be put on Omron than the mice manufacturers.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3079 posts
1699 upvotes
Toronto
rui wrote: Any Logitech keyboard to suggest? Able to pair to 3 devices as well? Work laptop,M1 Macmini, and Samsung Dex.
I'm using the Logitech K860 (Natural / Ergonomic) but it's $150. This one can connect using the unifying receiver or bluetooth as well. If you want a non-natural keyboard I'm sure they're cheaper. At least I hope they're cheaper.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Banned
Apr 14, 2004
1394 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
Elfwood wrote: So after 11 months I can claim warranty against "double-clicking" fault and get a brand new one?
yes, but they might want you to jump through hoops, like sending proof; like a video. Imo if Logitech wasn't so cheap I would just avoid.
Banned
Apr 14, 2004
1394 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
jeffgao wrote: Probably you didn't realize Omron is a Japanese company. They used to have their switches made in Japan. So this blame should be put on Omron than the mice manufacturers.
this is such a big issue logitech must know about it. they can just use the kalih switches they already seem to be using on the side buttons or wheel button. so yes logitech is to blame.
Nov 10, 2003
822 posts
431 upvotes
Richmond
baluyot wrote: If you mean this one, then its not the same mouse.
He was asking for a Logitech keyboard that can pair with 3 devices. LOL.
Dec 2, 2020
202 posts
294 upvotes
Downtown Toronoto
I bought this a few months ago and it already has the double click issue. Not worth $40 for sure.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2014
5443 posts
3919 upvotes
Richmond Hill
WeimarRepublic wrote: I bought this a few months ago and it already has the double click issue. Not worth $40 for sure.
have you claimed warranty with Logitech for a replacement? if so how easy was the process?
Dec 2, 2020
202 posts
294 upvotes
Downtown Toronoto
Elfwood wrote: have you claimed warranty with Logitech for a replacement? if so how easy was the process?
I tried but all they gave me was a discount code. I didn't spend too much time on it
Mar 21, 2013
541 posts
451 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I've literally never had a mouse without the double clicking issue at some point. Buy any mouse at your own risk :)
Nov 20, 2013
986 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
It's funny, I just started a claim today because of the double clicking but with the MX anywhere S2.
The only thing I know for sure... is that I know nothing.
1. Water 2. Sugar 3. Barney
Feb 9, 2008
409 posts
332 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Am I the only one who ends up clicking the scroll-left when attempting to middle-click with this mouse?
I just re-assign both scroll functions into middle-click so not a major issue, but I didn't have this problem with any other Logitech mice.
Mar 19, 2009
440 posts
250 upvotes
Sunmax wrote: I think Costco has the 850 combo on sale this week for $59.99
Costco has 825 combo which has a different mouse than the 850 combo (850 has m720 triathlon mouse while 825 has a smaller laptop mouse for 2 devices). Both combos have the same keyboard which can connect to 3 devices.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1097 posts
1288 upvotes
jeffgao wrote: Probably you didn't realize Omron is a Japanese company. They used to have their switches made in Japan. So this blame should be put on Omron than the mice manufacturers.
Doesn’t matter where the company is. If it’s made in China and it’s crap, it becomes Chinese crap. Pretty self explanatory and extends to everything else.

E.g. eneloop/low self discharge batteries. Big difference between made in Japan and china - even if it’s the same manufacturer

Also Logitech knows about this and are to blame for continuing to use the same junk. instead all they did was drop their warranty, which used to be 3 years, to 1.
Sep 9, 2001
19 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary
saudor wrote: Does this have the double click issue ?

Edit: yes of course they do. Most mice manufacturers use the Chinese cheap omron switches. Cheaper for them to manufacture . Breaks more often. Win win for the company
I've owned a couple of Triathlon mice and they both developed the double click issue after a year of usage. I still really like the mouse so resorted to buying some Kailh micro switches from AliExpress to swap in to see if that fixes this issue. At $40 for a new mouse, I shouldn't bother trying to repair my old one but I do like to tinker with electronics.
Banned
Apr 14, 2004
1394 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
richard wrote: I've owned a couple of Triathlon mice and they both developed the double click issue after a year of usage. I still really like the mouse so resorted to buying some Kailh micro switches from AliExpress to swap in to see if that fixes this issue. At $40 for a new mouse, I shouldn't bother trying to repair my old one but I do like to tinker with electronics.
Yes, that will fix it. This is what I do with all my Logitech mice now. It's really more than about money, I'm trying to shift to repairing my stuff so it doesn't go to the landfill.

Did you buy gm 8.0 or the 4.0 the 4.0 seem to have a louder clicking noise.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2019
1154 posts
2385 upvotes
Edmonton
zerod wrote: Am I the only one who ends up clicking the scroll-left when attempting to middle-click with this mouse?
I just re-assign both scroll functions into middle-click so not a major issue, but I didn't have this problem with any other Logitech mice.
Middle Click??? what do you use the middle click for?
On both my MX 2s and Triathlon my middle click is set up as a gesture button for media controls. No problems.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2019
1154 posts
2385 upvotes
Edmonton
jp149 wrote: I'm trying to shift to repairing my stuff so it doesn't go to the landfill.
No double click issues here after many years. I will just buy another if it happens.
Love the mouse so much. I love switching to my phone with a simple click.

First world problems
Feb 9, 2008
409 posts
332 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
MahlerMusic wrote: Middle Click??? what do you use the middle click for?
On both my MX 2s and Triathlon my middle click is set up as a gesture button for media controls. No problems.
Opening links in new tabs.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2019
1154 posts
2385 upvotes
Edmonton
zerod wrote: Opening links in new tabs.
That actually sounds very useful. I do that all the time.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2010
5314 posts
1251 upvotes
Can someone recommend a smaller, ambidextrous mouse for light gaming ( I play city builders and games like Little Nightmares, nothing demanding). Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)