Computers & Electronics

Logitech Refusing to Replace Faulty Mouse?

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2020 10:01 am
[OP]
May 2, 2015
3 posts
1 upvote

Logitech Refusing to Replace Faulty Mouse?

Hello,

I bought a Logitech G Pro Wireless back in May 2019 and after a few months of use the scroll wheel clicking broke. It started to double/triple click when I pushed it. I called Logitech and they sent me a replacement for the problem. Everything went smooth and was great.

Just last week (and after the same amount of time as the first one) the replacement mouse they sent broke in the EXACT same way as the original (scroll wheel double clicking). I contacted Logitech again about this problem and they're now refusing to help me because they've already sent a replacement in the past.

Quoted email:
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the response. Upon checking on the Serial Number you provided, it shows that you're trying to make a claim to the original mouse again. We did confirm that the unit was already faulty that's why we sent you a replacement unit.
Making another claim is no longer subject for this mouse.

For future reference, your ticket number for this issue is 3069100​ and you can reference it should you have any further questions regarding this case.

​Best regards,
Oman
Logitech Customer Support
Now I'm no lawyer, but is warranty a one time thing? To me warranty implies that my product will be or should be working for the duration of the warranty free of charge. Not that if I use my warranty to get a replacement, the remainder is nullified. It's bull shit that I spent $250 on a mouse that doesn't even work for more than a few months at a time.

What are my options here?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
3637 posts
1060 upvotes
GTA
Are you giving logitech the serial number of the old mouse or the new replacement one?
[OP]
May 2, 2015
3 posts
1 upvote
shabby wrote: Are you giving logitech the serial number of the old mouse or the new replacement one?
Replacement one.

They said since I've already got a replacement in the past I can't get any more.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1179 posts
805 upvotes
Toronto
@Jonatino have you read through all the warranty including that horrid fine print? Even if you did do it again so you can make sure you didn't miss something. As for Logitech I had a mouse fail on me and they wanted to help but the hassle over a mouse I got a good deal on wasn't worth my time but I can see with a purchase like you made and having it fail twice eh the concern is greater. Just be persistent with companies to the point of polite harassment and you can get somewhere many times. It worked for me numerous times with MS, Western Digital, PayPal and so on. Best of luck.
May 29, 2008
748 posts
277 upvotes
Hamilton
Jonatino wrote: Replacement one.

They said since I've already got a replacement in the past I can't get any more.
Was this said in a separate email than the one you quoted in the opening post?
Jan 23, 2003
946 posts
145 upvotes
Mississauga
Jonatino wrote: Hello,

I bought a Logitech G Pro Wireless back in May 2019 and after a few months of use the scroll wheel clicking broke. It started to double/triple click when I pushed it. I called Logitech and they sent me a replacement for the problem. Everything went smooth and was great.

Just last week (and after the same amount of time as the first one) the replacement mouse they sent broke in the EXACT same way as the original (scroll wheel double clicking). I contacted Logitech again about this problem and they're now refusing to help me because they've already sent a replacement in the past.

Quoted email:

Now I'm no lawyer, but is warranty a one time thing? To me warranty implies that my product will be or should be working for the duration of the warranty free of charge. Not that if I use my warranty to get a replacement, the remainder is nullified. It's bull shit that I spent $250 on a mouse that doesn't even work for more than a few months at a time.

What are my options here?
I've had logitech replace my mouse twice. I had to send the 2nd one back, but, I don't see them stopping warranty within the warranty period unless it explicitly says so in the terms. I'd also like to point out the 2nd replacement was refurbished, but I was fine with that. I just wanted a working mouse.

Reply to 'Oman' with issue #3069100 and clarify that the same problem occurred again, and you now have 2 broken mouses, and that they can have them back if they want. See what he says, I have a feeling he misunderstood the situation and thinks you're trying to get two replacements for a single broken mouse (I'm sure there are people who do actually fraud them).
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
3637 posts
1060 upvotes
GTA

I'd keep pestering them, make up new excuses that buttons aren't working or whatever.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20924 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
Hey Jonathan, if you read the email carefully - the rep is indicating "you are making a warranty claim on the original mouse again".

Seems to be a disconnect somewhere....you should email back to clarify it is the replacement mouse that has the same issue...

Thanks for the response. Upon checking on the Serial Number you provided, it shows that you're trying to make a claim to the original mouse again. We did confirm that the unit was already faulty that's why we sent you a replacement unit.
Making another claim is no longer subject for this mouse.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10517 posts
1749 upvotes
Toronto

From reading the first bit of their response they're saying you made a claim for the original mouse already no?

, seems pretty obvious to me.