Etobicoke, ON
Variability wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 8:02 am
Which keyboard is the most quiet?
Ranking of quietness:
1) Romer-G Linear
2) Romer-G Tactile
3) GX Blue

That would also be the same ranking in terms of actuation force (from least force required to most). I haven't had trouble myself with the minimal experience I had with the Linear switches, but there have been users reporting accidentally hitting other keys as they're typing using the Linear switches; there are "less" accidents using the Tactile switches, relatively speaking.

The Linear is the "quietest" while also feeling the "mushiest". Think of 'em kinda feeling almost like membrane key switches?

If you're more familiar with Cherry MX switches, then the closest comparison I could make would be like:

- Romer-G Linear = Cherry MX Red
- Romer-G Tactile = Cherry MX Brown
- GX Blue = Cherry MX Blue

They're not exactly the same, but it's close enough that it should give you a rough idea on how each key switch feels.
Aug 17, 2012
248 posts
135 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Just a note on the gaming mice sale, they're on clearance since Logitech is re-releasing the G703 and G903 with the Hero Sensor used on the Pro Wireless.

These are the old version.

Is the Hero Sensor worth it?

Double the battery life and better tracking. I have the Pro Wireless and that thing tracks incredibly well.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2007
1104 posts
64 upvotes
VillageIdiot wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 9:24 am
Just a note on the gaming mice sale, they're on clearance since Logitech is re-releasing the G703 and G903 with the Hero Sensor used on the Pro Wireless.

Double the battery life and better tracking. I have the Pro Wireless and that thing tracks incredibly well.
Curious about this too.
All we need is love
Aug 13, 2011
420 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
VillageIdiot wrote:

IMO the hero sensor is definitely worth it, the expected battery capacity for the g703 hero is double what the original version was.
Nov 3, 2003
424 posts
99 upvotes
Knowhere
I was about to pull the trigger on the g903 but double battery life would be worth the wait!
I'm an AT&T Customer 😉
Jan 3, 2019
56 posts
1 upvote
shinsky wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 11:16 am
I was about to pull the trigger on the g903 but double battery life would be worth the wait!
Double the battery life?
Jan 3, 2019
56 posts
1 upvote
I'm using a trackball for work which keeps failing (double click) every 2 years. Is switching to g903 a good option? Longevity?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3905 posts
2067 upvotes
Edmonton
JayTheJack wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 11:24 am
Double the battery life?
The updated G903 with Hero sensor is expected to have a significantly improved battery life.
Aug 13, 2011
420 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
JayTheJack wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 11:24 am
Double the battery life?
According to the logitech G website:
G703 with 3366: No lighting: 32 hours
G703 with HERO: No lighting: 60 hours

I emphasize that this is a significant upgrade
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1357 posts
144 upvotes
Lévis
VillageIdiot wrote:

That explain why the g502 lightspeed is not on sale.
Pourquoi pas?
Aug 17, 2012
248 posts
135 upvotes
COQUITLAM
MeDS wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 9:33 am
Curious about this too.
  • Weights at around 80 grams.
  • Extremely light.
  • 64 hour battery life if you turn off the useless RGB lighting.
  • Tracks like a dream.
  • Will recharge to 90% after like 10 minutes of charging.

There is one major downside though, the switches are the 50m click Chinese Omrons that all modern Logitech/Razer mice uses. They suck and is the cause of a lot of modern Logitech/Razer mice double clicking.

There's a flaw in the Pro Wireless where if you slowly let go of M1, it triggers multiple rapid clicks. Go on r/LogitechG and r/MouseReview and check out the posts.

This used to happen all the time until I changed mousepads.

I went from a Razer Goliathus Control, a mousepad with a rough texture, to a Glorious Extended, which has a very smooth surface. This may be the reason I get very few multi-clicks now.

The only known way to fix this issue is to open up the mouse and replace the switches with the 20m Japanese Omrons that Logitech/Razer had used in the past. Much higher quality switches. This requires soldering and potentially new mice feet (you have to peel them off in order to open the mouse).
Nov 27, 2014
64 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
When are the new Logitech MX mice going to be released? The MX Anywhere 2s and MX Master 2s seem to have been on sale for more than a month. That tells me they are clearing out old stock before the replacements are released. I wonder if they will be called the '3' or '3s'.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/search?search=mx