Sep 13, 2015
1342 posts
1242 upvotes
Alberta
VillageIdiot wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 9:38 pm
  • Weights at around 80 grams.
  • Extremely light.
  • 64 hour battery life if you turn off the useless RGB lighting.
  • Tracks like a dream.
  • Will recharge to 90% after like 10 minutes of charging.

There is one major downside though, the switches are the 50m click Chinese Omrons that all modern Logitech/Razer mice uses. They suck and is the cause of a lot of modern Logitech/Razer mice double clicking.

There's a flaw in the Pro Wireless where if you slowly let go of M1, it triggers multiple rapid clicks. Go on r/LogitechG and r/MouseReview and check out the posts.

This used to happen all the time until I changed mousepads.

I went from a Razer Goliathus Control, a mousepad with a rough texture, to a Glorious Extended, which has a very smooth surface. This may be the reason I get very few multi-clicks now.

The only known way to fix this issue is to open up the mouse and replace the switches with the 20m Japanese Omrons that Logitech/Razer had used in the past. Much higher quality switches. This requires soldering and potentially new mice feet (you have to peel them off in order to open the mouse).
I've repaired the double-click a couple times on an older mx master. I had to disassemble the micro-switch and basically bend the "spring" mechanism back. Should get you another year of use. But a word of warning, the repair is very tedious and reassembling the micro-switch is not easy, but it can be done...
Aug 17, 2012
248 posts
135 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Lush78 wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 12:45 am
I've repaired the double-click a couple times on an older mx master. I had to disassemble the micro-switch and basically bend the "spring" mechanism back. Should get you another year of use. But a word of warning, the repair is very tedious and reassembling the micro-switch is not easy, but it can be done...
It's less tedious to just replace the switch with a 20m Click Japanese Omron.

If you have access to the micro-switch, you can de-solder and replace the switch with a superior model and fix it entirely.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1342 posts
1242 upvotes
Alberta
VillageIdiot wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 1:40 am
It's less tedious to just replace the switch with a 20m Click Japanese Omron.

If you have access to the micro-switch, you can de-solder and replace the switch with a superior model and fix it entirely.
That's what i'll be doing the next time if it happens on my MX Master 2S or G903. This repair was a couple of years ago, and it was just my own curiosity and determination to find the cause of the issue and fix it on the spot.
Mar 7, 2011
265 posts
77 upvotes
Vernon
where do you guys buy the omron switches?
ebay?
Aug 17, 2012
248 posts
135 upvotes
COQUITLAM
brigand wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 2:33 am
where do you guys buy the omron switches?
ebay?
https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Omr ... n2mCMyM%3D

edit: These are the 20m click Japanese Omrons that both Logitech and Razer used to use. It requires more force to push down that the old 50m click Chinese Omrons used in their modern mice. It's why the G403, G900, and the Deathadder 3.5g are so good and reliable.
Last edited by VillageIdiot on Jul 2nd, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 15, 2014
70 posts
19 upvotes
May be slightly off topic.

I have the MK320 set; the mouse is fine, but the keyboard gives me a world of grief. It will suddenly be unresponsive for 5-10 seconds or so while I'm mashing the keyboard, then everything I typed will suddenly show up. I have the Unifying nano receiver at the front of my machine, maybe 2-3 ft away. I have replaced the batteries. It's infuriating.

Do more recent/modern Logitech wireless keyboards have this issue as well?
Aug 17, 2012
248 posts
135 upvotes
COQUITLAM
blapt5 wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 9:02 am
May be slightly off topic.

I have the MK320 set; the mouse is fine, but the keyboard gives me a world of grief. It will suddenly be unresponsive for 5-10 seconds or so while I'm mashing the keyboard, then everything I typed will suddenly show up. I have the Unifying nano receiver at the front of my machine, maybe 2-3 ft away. I have replaced the batteries. It's infuriating.

Do more recent/modern Logitech wireless keyboards have this issue as well?
Try a USB extension cable and put it right in front of your keyboard.

I had this issue with my Logitech wireless gamepad until I used the USB extender it came with and that fixed the issue right up.
Jan 15, 2014
70 posts
19 upvotes
VillageIdiot wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 9:04 am
Try a USB extension cable and put it right in front of your keyboard.

I had this issue with my Logitech wireless gamepad until I used the USB extender it came with and that fixed the issue right up.
Not a bad idea, I'll give it a shot - think I have one lying around.

Thanks!