Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
London Drugs

Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop 15.6" with 120Hz, Ryzen 7 4800H, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB, GTX 1650Ti $1,099.99

Nov 26, 2019
7 posts
34 upvotes

[London Drugs] Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop 15.6" with 120Hz, Ryzen 7 4800H, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB, GTX 1650Ti $1,099.99

It is a pretty good deal. On the website it says Ryzen 5, but it states Ryzen 7 when you look at the specification. You can find the same product on other websites if you google with either AN515-44-R20Z or NH.Q9HAA.001.
(https://www.staples.ca/products/2983548 ... ws-10-home) on staples
(https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00112877) on memoryexpress.

Processor
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 4800H / 2.9 GHz

Screen
15.6" FHD, Anti-glare, ComfyView, 25 ms response rate, Narrow Border Display120 Hz refresh rate

Memory
RAM 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)

Storage
Main Storage 512 GB SSD

Video
Graphics Processor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti

It looks like this machine has a bilingual keyboard by default since it states US International/Canadian French, but I may be be wrong.

I bought Legion 5 AMD with ryzen 5 4600H with GTX 1650 for 1,030+tax-rakuten. Acer nitro 5 has ryzen 7 with GTX 1650Ti for 1,100. The price difference is not significant to me, but I am not sure if I am okay with the bilingual keyboard and the gamery look of the Nitro 5.
Last edited by Kdw5231 on Jan 23rd, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
58 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
2022 posts
8939 upvotes
OP you should put the screen size and 120Hz in the title; this is a good deal.
how do i remove my signature?
Sep 27, 2007
810 posts
1400 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres
And as far as I know londondrugs is now the only place not charging provincial sales tax if you dont have londondrugs in your province...after years of ordering from newegg and memoryexpress to have only 5% tax charge they now charge provincial sales tax...so double good deal
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2397 posts
2724 upvotes
Nice, good thing I stashed up on LD GCs when they had the 20% back deal.

It's a smoking hot deal if you are like me who parked some cash in LD GCs just waiting for a price error or a hot deal from LD.
May 2, 2019
724 posts
1867 upvotes
Can anyone confirm if this laptop has a bilingual keyboard?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
Lordy. Decent workstation.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Jul 23, 2006
567 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
haroldliang wrote: Can anyone confirm if this laptop has a bilingual keyboard?
From image, it has big enter key,
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2392 posts
17569 upvotes
Just keeps applying to new threads...

Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1430 posts
1157 upvotes
Not compatible with Oculus Rift S since no Displayport out for those wanting to use this for VR. Otherwise solid though
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2009
1042 posts
850 upvotes
Calgary
Good deal on a entry level gaming laptop, but the CPU is a beast. I would jump on this if I didn't buy the Lenovo legion 5 at $1029+tax-8%rebate (same with OP), the cpu and gpu are both better on this one, especially the cpu. The Lenovo is only $100 cheaper than this after ram upgrade, so the difference is worth it. I am not going to return and re-buy this one though, since I already spent hours to set up the Lenovo and upgrade the ram, don't want to make returns (both laptop and ram) and go through the cycle again. The real life difference is probably hard to notice on what I usually do with my laptop anyway. The additional 1 TB hdd on Lenovo is actually quite handy, great for storing files, much more easier to manage files with that additional space available.
Jun 15, 2020
163 posts
452 upvotes
I am so tempted to buy this right now, not even for gaming but for general use.

Are there any drawbacks to gaming laptops over non-gaming ones, I imagine the only main ones are possibly more weight and reduced battery life from the more powerful processor / gpu?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
If you're wondering why +14 upvotes isn't +114 upvotes, let's discuss.

1) Form Factor Matters
This is a great machine with a monster CPU, but my goodness does it get annoying to lug around an obese laptop by 2020 standards. It's aesthetics make it plainly clear it's a gaming laptop so it can't be used in conferences, meetings, and presentation settings without appearing out of place. It definitely has it's target demo.

2) The GPU is Good, Not Great
For the price, this entire package: CPU, GPU, Screen... is a great value for money. However, it's just shy of graphical greatness because the GPU makes or breaks the build for many. The GTX 1650TI is very respectable, but it doesn't rise to the tier of a beast GPU. Even a 1660TI in this setting would be more appreciated.

Now this is very much a beggar's view on things, because the price-to-performance here is quite good. Very good. Sometimes though, performance matters regardless of price. Likewise, form factor matters even when the price encourages you to compromise.

If you're willing to tune your game settings, this is still a great buy for select gamers / college students.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Mar 5, 2018
312 posts
301 upvotes
I think the Legion has the out directly from the GPU for VR. I mean maybe your wanna have beast GPU in a stationary desktop for that anyway but just thought I would mention that. I have seen VR setups running on minimum spec machines with the Oculus that still took my breath/lunch away. Just mentioning that as someone else mentioned this does not have that option. My older Legion met the minimum spec for VR but could only output HDMI video from the CPU
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1923 posts
2111 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
So for someone looking to switch to a gaming laptop at some point (moving in the near future, looking to downsize), but can also wait until christmas deals, i'd assume it's best to just wait out?
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
A really really good deal will be coming soon!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
If this were a 1660TI, it would be over at this price.

Resistance would be futile except for the business crowd.

As it stands, the 1650TI requires some meditation before deciding on a purchase, if you're a gamer / college student / prosumer.