Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
London Drugs

(AMAZON.ca) WD D10 Game Drive - 12TB $249.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2022 4:37 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2019
2111 posts
5297 upvotes
North York ON
blazed16 wrote: So before i do the transfer i currently have a 2.5 seagate 4tb drive connected and all the games i have on it work with no issues i play them from the drive. Thats using a xbox one x non series. So installing this drive 12tb one it will be the exact same and all the games i have installed on it will work with no issues but possibly faster?

Also when the hard drive is connected now xbox message pops up asking if it will be only used on this xbox or if i will share it with others? Whats the difference i get what the 2 things mean but am i better off selecting im going to use on other xboxes even if i dont have plans too? Ive never seen this message before.

TIA
Yes it should work seamlessly once you copy everything over. The game saves are synced online so your progress will not be lost even if the transfer is interrupted.

Re: this Xbox only, the auto update feature only works if you link that drive with your console. If you're sharing the drive between multiple consoles, the game will not be able to automatically update itself. You can still choose to update games manually if your drive is shared among several consoles.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2281 posts
1929 upvotes
This is a good deal. Just bought one. I have an 8TB version and will add the extra 12 to my gaming laptop
Last edited by sks8100 on Oct 10th, 2022 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2019
2111 posts
5297 upvotes
North York ON
sks8100 wrote: This is a good deal. Just bought one. I have an 8GB version and will add the extra 12 to my gaming laptop
As an external plug in?
Just FYI these are too big to install into a laptop.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2281 posts
1929 upvotes
Keith1411 wrote:
As an external plug in?
Just FYI these are too big to install into a laptop.
Lol I know that. Yes external plug in. I have the 8 TB version as an external drive and play all my games off the drive. Literally 0 lag. I’m at 6/8 TB so time to add more
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2019
2111 posts
5297 upvotes
North York ON
sks8100 wrote: Lol I know that. Yes external plug in. I have the 8gb version as an external drive and play all my games off the drive. Literally 0 lag.
Just trying to be helpful because not everyone is well versed on the various form factors. It's possible that someone buys this thinking it's a 2.5", which may fit laptops if it's thin enough.

And btw you're referring to terabytes, TB.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2281 posts
1929 upvotes
Keith1411 wrote:
Just trying to be helpful because not everyone is well versed on the various form factors. It's possible that someone buys this thinking it's a 2.5", which may fit laptops if it's thin enough.

And btw you're referring to terabytes, TB.
Yes that’s fair and I’m glad you are helping ppl see that point. Yes TB lol I fixed it
Mar 3, 2012
311 posts
195 upvotes
Edmonton
is anyone's drive noisy when accessing the drive at times? its quite a bit louder than my old seagate external drives
Mar 19, 2002
409 posts
248 upvotes
n7n1c1
Those who own the drive, does it go to "sleep" automatically? I plan to use the drive to back-up my photos and video on Windows 10.
Heatware Reference Tyger
Oct 24, 2010
460 posts
319 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Looks good, support SAS interface.
Is it this model inside?
https://www.amazon.ca/Western-Digital-1 ... 9RJZC?th=1

I think I got the last one available online for shipping. I cannot add 1 more.

===========================================
Nvm, gonna cancel my order.
The lightning deal seems better for my purpose and it has 2 more warranty years
18TB Western Digital Red Pro, 370.49
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08K3T ... UTF8&psc=1
Last edited by chan1600 on Oct 11th, 2022 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2008
2193 posts
2061 upvotes
Winnipeg
ellisc wrote: is anyone's drive noisy when accessing the drive at times? its quite a bit louder than my old seagate external drives
Very normal for this type of drive @ 7200rpm.

The location of drive can make a difference on the acoustics.
:arrow: "Proudly Serving The RFD Community"
Nov 25, 2021
462 posts
805 upvotes
Any thoughts on whether this is a good option for a media/plex drive?
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12258 posts
6058 upvotes
Keith1411 wrote: Yes it should work seamlessly once you copy everything over. The game saves are synced online so your progress will not be lost even if the transfer is interrupted.

Re: this Xbox only, the auto update feature only works if you link that drive with your console. If you're sharing the drive between multiple consoles, the game will not be able to automatically update itself. You can still choose to update games manually if your drive is shared among several consoles.
Great thank you for the info. The whole this xbox only/ for others i did alot of searching and nowhere could find what the difference was lol.

I dont have auto updates enabled as we have slower internet so selecting for other consoles wont make a difference for me then. Doing it for other consoles does it slow anything down or nothing else changes except for the auto update thing?
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2008
2193 posts
2061 upvotes
Winnipeg
Back in stock @ Londdrugs, and Bestbuy to PM.
:arrow: "Proudly Serving The RFD Community"
Banned
Sep 9, 2014
976 posts
1181 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Is this compatible with PlayStation?

I'm looking on the Amazon.ca website and there are two variants: One for PC, PS4 & Xbox (without XBOX logo on enclosure) vs Xbox One (with XBOX logo on enclosure).

I'm sure it's compatible, but just verifying with one of you guys. It's just a regular WD Black drive after all.

Thank you in advance.
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22927 upvotes
Toronto
ericli007 wrote: Is this compatible with PlayStation?

I'm looking on the Amazon.ca website and there are two variants: One for PC, PS4 & Xbox (without XBOX logo on enclosure) vs Xbox One (with XBOX logo on enclosure).

I'm sure it's compatible, but just verifying with one of you guys. It's just a regular WD Black drive after all.

Thank you in advance.
PS5 USB extended storage has maximum capacity of 8 TB.

The 12 TB drive should work after formatting.

From USB extended storage on PS5 consoles
https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/suppo ... d-storage/

USB extended storage requirements on PS5 consoles
  • SuperSpeed USB 5 Gbps or later.
  • 250 GB minimum, 8 TB maximum capacity.
  • Not all devices are guaranteed to work with the PS5 console.
  • You can't connect the drive through a USB hub.
  • Two or more USB extended storage drives can’t be connected at the same time. You can connect multiple USB drives to your console, but you can use only one at a time.
Destiny is all
Nov 10, 2003
805 posts
462 upvotes
BC, Canada
I love HGST drives. I've got a 4x3tb and 8x4tb array which are 11.2 and 8.5 years old with no realloc errors on ZFS. Friggin bulletproof!

These drives are loud and warm but great for shucking.
I just tested many using badblocks and they hit about 66 degrees which is hot in the enclosure
Unless you're doing very heavy writes and reads I doubt you'll have issues with heat. I did not have any disconnects due to heat after running 2 passes of bad blocks

As a Xbox or PS4 drive they're good but loud seeking.
I'm shucking so don't care
These 12tb will not work on PS4/PS5 tho, as they are too big.