Bamboo Knit Pillow $14.99 (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2021 12:03 pm
[OP]
Jun 10, 2015
184 posts
65 upvotes
Canada

[London Drugs] Bamboo Knit Pillow $14.99 (50% off)

They are bamboo bedroom pillows. They measure 19" x 27". They feel similar to memory foam and sit a little low.

These pillows are available in store in Vancouver. They seem much better than the $20 Bed Bath and Beyond pillows I've tried.
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9960 posts
4686 upvotes
Toronto
too bad no shipping. i need a pillow on the east coast
Feb 5, 2009
937 posts
176 upvotes
Never tried these, are they good? No reviews on the site either.
Aug 30, 2015
39 posts
55 upvotes
Regina, Sk
dealCker wrote: Never tried these, are they good? No reviews on the site either.
It seems pretty good. It's a fairly low profile pillow, slept on it one night with no problems. Very airy kind of mesh kind of pillow. I'm really happy that it didn't stink when it came out of the bag, which is an issue with me.

Back sleeping seemed good, side sleeping it seemed a little low, but didn't wake up with any pains.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2760 posts
2359 upvotes
BC
is this memory foam filling? don't know what a bamboo pillow is... hypoallergenic?
Nov 20, 2013
234 posts
126 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
muffin4life wrote: is this memory foam filling? don't know what a bamboo pillow is... hypoallergenic?
interested too. What's inside?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Public Mobile customer, as well as Vancity, Novus, Modo, Evo and Endy mattress :)
Jan 6, 2012
46 posts
34 upvotes
Calgary
There isn't much information available, but the 'bamboo knit' description almost certainly refers solely to the casing around the pillow, and tell you nothing about the actual filling of the pillow. (It could be 'down alternative' (polyester), shredded memory foam, etc. Probably polyester at this price point, but who knows.)

Even when describing the casing, 'bamboo knit' is just marketing - if you read the tags on the product, the company is required by law to list the material as rayon/viscose, because that is what it actually is. Rayon is a synthetic textile made from heavily processed cellulose. in China, bamboo happens to be a very cheap source of cellulose. Hence, rayon made in China gets called 'bamboo'. It's no better for the environment or your body than any other synthetic fabric.

There's a decent article about this here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/bamboo-textiles ... n-1.938759

Bottom line, this may be a good pillow for $15, or a terrible pillow for $15. But don't let the 'bamboo knit' marketing sway you one way or the other.
May 16, 2015
74 posts
114 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I bought a few, the fine print says the cover and fill are 15% rayon and 85% polyester.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1170 posts
818 upvotes
White Bear, ON
bostonontario wrote: I am assuming you have one and it’s legit?
I'm waiting for it and read/watched a lot of reviews. It's one of the highest rated pillows that can be easily adjusted unlike most if not all pillows.

Video from Coop: