Expired Hot Deals

London Drugs

Buy $100 in LD gift card, get $20 voucher (can buy up to $500) - TARGETED

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2021 12:20 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Member
Mar 27, 2016
429 posts
382 upvotes
Vancouver

[London Drugs] Buy $100 in LD gift card, get $20 voucher (can buy up to $500) - TARGETED

Note: Gift card CANNOT be used in their online store

"As an LDExtras member, you have exclusive access to our gift card bonus. Here’s how it works:

From December 21, 2020 – January 25, 2021, buy $100 in London Drugs gift cards and receive a $20 gift voucher in your LDExtras account!* You can purchase up to $500 in gift cards and receive $20 for every $100 spent. Members may only redeem this once.

*Offer available in store and online. Members may only receive one reward, limit of five (5) gift vouchers per member. Gift cards and vouchers cannot be used to purchase additional gift cards. Additional terms and conditions apply. Gift voucher will take up to 5 business days to appear. See in store for full details."

*mod edit*

This offer is targeted and available for only eligible LDExtras members. Only members who received an email are eligible.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 21st, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: updated post content
115 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
4530 posts
6882 upvotes
BC
Guess they learned from last year haha
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1795 posts
2211 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Not as good as the previous offer of $20 GC for for every $100 in purchases. If a person was to buy a TV, they would have to make 3 accounts, and they'd lose out on the credit card warranty due to it not being a direct purchase.

Come on London Drugs. I have faith you will make this a better promo by boxing day.

I'd suggest the people hold off. Last time around, they did this promo twice. Maybe the next one is better. :)
Last edited by Bigboy16 on Dec 21st, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
4530 posts
6882 upvotes
BC
terrbear wrote: lol what was last year?
Last year they gave $20 GCs (not LD extra points) for every $100 GC purchase. In some stores you could use self checkouts to buy other GC's with the LD GC's.

Once it caught on they issued a memo to staff to not let ppl pay GC's for GC's.

Someone I know bought hundreds of dollars worth of gas cards......
Member
Nov 8, 2016
254 posts
260 upvotes
lol Last year was a mess, but I ended up getting a tidy discount on a PS4 Pro that way.
Newbie
May 21, 2007
63 posts
31 upvotes
My wife works at London Drugs and she called her store and no one has heard of this yet. Can you direct me to where you found it because we will load up. Thanks OP
Newbie
Mar 16, 2013
15 posts
9 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Thanks for posting this, OP!
Did you receive this in an email or was it loaded into your LD extras account? I have no email indicating this deal nor is it loaded in my extras account and I do not see it on the website. Just want to have something to point to if I go to the store and the cashier doesn't know.
Thanks!
[OP]
Member
Mar 27, 2016
429 posts
382 upvotes
Vancouver
TerryTsang wrote: My wife works at London Drugs and she called her store and no one has heard of this yet. Can you direct me to where you found it because we will load up. Thanks OP
doughypear wrote: Thanks for posting this, OP!
Did you receive this in an email or was it loaded into your LD extras account? I have no email indicating this deal nor is it loaded in my extras account and I do not see it on the website. Just want to have something to point to if I go to the store and the cashier doesn't know.
Thanks!
I got an email, see screenshot
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
11538 posts
2472 upvotes
Can you use $20 LDExtra voucher online? Do they expire? thanks
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). If you have cold symptoms, please wear a mask.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2345 posts
2473 upvotes
Surrey
peakingduck wrote: Last year they gave $20 GCs (not LD extra points) for every $100 GC purchase. In some stores you could use self checkouts to buy other GC's with the LD GC's.

Once it caught on they issued a memo to staff to not let ppl pay GC's for GC's.

Someone I know bought hundreds of dollars worth of gas cards......
I can’t believe I missed out on this last year, and my friends works at LD 🤦🏽‍♂️
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2016
243 posts
392 upvotes
abbotsford
So to double check: is the $20 voucher able to be combined with others to get up to $100 off of one item? Or is it 5 $20 vouchers that we would have to use separately?

Same Q for gift cards: can I use 5 x $100 gift cards on a single item? Or not?

E.g. I want to use $100 off of a $500 product- is that possible or not?
Member
Oct 4, 2005
221 posts
152 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: Not as good as the previous offer of $20 GC for for every $100 in purchases. If a person was to buy a TV, they would have to make 3 accounts, and they'd lose out on the credit card warranty due to it not being a direct purchase.

Come on London Drugs. I have faith you will make this a better promo by boxing day.

I'd suggest the people hold off. Last time around, they did this promo twice. Maybe the next one is better. :)
Some credit card companies changed their insurance and partial charges still provide coverage. I think TD Aeroplan and CIBC Aventura provides extended warranty with a partial charge.
Member
Dec 8, 2014
349 posts
285 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Didn’t receive an email for that
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
11472 posts
96606 upvotes
Ontario
peakingduck wrote: Last year they gave $20 GCs (not LD extra points) for every $100 GC purchase. In some stores you could use self checkouts to buy other GC's with the LD GC's.

Once it caught on they issued a memo to staff to not let ppl pay GC's for GC's.

Someone I know bought hundreds of dollars worth of gas cards......
You can still use LD GC to buy other GC. You cannot use the bonus GC to buy other GCs.

I think the extra vouchers will be added to your account and you can use them all at once or on separate transactions.
(Members may only redeem this once.}
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Link: Costco West |May 2 - 29 | 182 pics| 1 month promo
Link:Costco West | May 2 - May 15 | 27 pics| Executive coupons
Member
Jan 6, 2006
202 posts
74 upvotes
Nanaimo
My London Drugs ran out of their promo gift cards last year. Good promo, we are regular London Drugs users. Their tech department is pretty good for a large retailer. Their pharmacy also provides good service.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 19, 2014
3295 posts
2172 upvotes
Langley
terrbear wrote: lol what was last year?
you would get a special $20 giftcard that could be used to buy anything. it was super inefficient and they ran out. people got mad.
Newbie
Mar 25, 2012
1 posts
Vancouver
I'm pretty sure this is a YMMV deal where only the people who get the email gets the deal.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1289 posts
868 upvotes
canada
jamesbk wrote: I'm pretty sure this is a YMMV deal where only the people who get the email gets the deal.
Would confirm w head office ymmv ur account must have promo on it. Would be tragic if New accounts didnt get it. Promo cards expire - sent 3-5 days later
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
6778 posts
6683 upvotes
Vancouver
TerryTsang wrote: My wife works at London Drugs and she called her store and no one has heard of this yet. Can you direct me to where you found it because we will load up. Thanks OP
It's an LD Extras offer .. not a store offer. Everyone at every store may not be aware of the promo.

Ron.

Top