Expired Hot Deals

[London Drugs] Buy $100 in LD gift card, get $20 voucher (can buy up to $500) - TARGETED

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2021 12:20 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 27, 2016
325 posts
300 upvotes
Vancouver

[London Drugs] Buy $100 in LD gift card, get $20 voucher (can buy up to $500) - TARGETED

Note: Gift card CANNOT be used in their online store

"As an LDExtras member, you have exclusive access to our gift card bonus. Here’s how it works:

From December 21, 2020 – January 25, 2021, buy $100 in London Drugs gift cards and receive a $20 gift voucher in your LDExtras account!* You can purchase up to $500 in gift cards and receive $20 for every $100 spent. Members may only redeem this once.

*Offer available in store and online. Members may only receive one reward, limit of five (5) gift vouchers per member. Gift cards and vouchers cannot be used to purchase additional gift cards. Additional terms and conditions apply. Gift voucher will take up to 5 business days to appear. See in store for full details."

*mod edit*

This offer is targeted and available for only eligible LDExtras members. Only members who received an email are eligible.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 21st, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: updated post content
115 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3448 posts
4891 upvotes
BC
Guess they learned from last year haha
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1341 posts
1495 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Not as good as the previous offer of $20 GC for for every $100 in purchases. If a person was to buy a TV, they would have to make 3 accounts, and they'd lose out on the credit card warranty due to it not being a direct purchase.

Come on London Drugs. I have faith you will make this a better promo by boxing day.

I'd suggest the people hold off. Last time around, they did this promo twice. Maybe the next one is better. :)
Last edited by Bigboy16 on Dec 21st, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3448 posts
4891 upvotes
BC
terrbear wrote: lol what was last year?
Last year they gave $20 GCs (not LD extra points) for every $100 GC purchase. In some stores you could use self checkouts to buy other GC's with the LD GC's.

Once it caught on they issued a memo to staff to not let ppl pay GC's for GC's.

Someone I know bought hundreds of dollars worth of gas cards......
Nov 8, 2016
227 posts
212 upvotes
lol Last year was a mess, but I ended up getting a tidy discount on a PS4 Pro that way.
May 21, 2007
58 posts
25 upvotes
My wife works at London Drugs and she called her store and no one has heard of this yet. Can you direct me to where you found it because we will load up. Thanks OP
Mar 16, 2013
13 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Thanks for posting this, OP!
Did you receive this in an email or was it loaded into your LD extras account? I have no email indicating this deal nor is it loaded in my extras account and I do not see it on the website. Just want to have something to point to if I go to the store and the cashier doesn't know.
Thanks!
[OP]
Mar 27, 2016
325 posts
300 upvotes
Vancouver
TerryTsang wrote: My wife works at London Drugs and she called her store and no one has heard of this yet. Can you direct me to where you found it because we will load up. Thanks OP
doughypear wrote: Thanks for posting this, OP!
Did you receive this in an email or was it loaded into your LD extras account? I have no email indicating this deal nor is it loaded in my extras account and I do not see it on the website. Just want to have something to point to if I go to the store and the cashier doesn't know.
Thanks!
I got an email, see screenshot
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10852 posts
1977 upvotes
Can you use $20 LDExtra voucher online? Do they expire? thanks
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1437 posts
1107 upvotes
Surrey
peakingduck wrote: Last year they gave $20 GCs (not LD extra points) for every $100 GC purchase. In some stores you could use self checkouts to buy other GC's with the LD GC's.

I can’t believe I missed out on this last year, and my friends works at LD 🤦🏽‍♂️
Nov 21, 2016
136 posts
108 upvotes
abbotsford
So to double check: is the $20 voucher able to be combined with others to get up to $100 off of one item? Or is it 5 $20 vouchers that we would have to use separately?

Same Q for gift cards: can I use 5 x $100 gift cards on a single item? Or not?

E.g. I want to use $100 off of a $500 product- is that possible or not?
Oct 4, 2005
207 posts
129 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: Not as good as the previous offer of $20 GC for for every $100 in purchases. If a person was to buy a TV, they would have to make 3 accounts, and they'd lose out on the credit card warranty due to it not being a direct purchase.

Come on London Drugs. I have faith you will make this a better promo by boxing day.

I'd suggest the people hold off. Last time around, they did this promo twice. Maybe the next one is better. :)
Some credit card companies changed their insurance and partial charges still provide coverage. I think TD Aeroplan and CIBC Aventura provides extended warranty with a partial charge.
Dec 8, 2014
326 posts
180 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Didn’t receive an email for that
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9840 posts
66004 upvotes
Ontario
peakingduck wrote: Last year they gave $20 GCs (not LD extra points) for every $100 GC purchase. In some stores you could use self checkouts to buy other GC's with the LD GC's.

You can still use LD GC to buy other GC. You cannot use the bonus GC to buy other GCs.

I think the extra vouchers will be added to your account and you can use them all at once or on separate transactions.
(Members may only redeem this once.}
Costco is closed today (April 4th 2021) even in Quebec
Jan 6, 2006
179 posts
52 upvotes
Nanaimo
My London Drugs ran out of their promo gift cards last year. Good promo, we are regular London Drugs users. Their tech department is pretty good for a large retailer. Their pharmacy also provides good service.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3182 posts
2051 upvotes
Langley
terrbear wrote: lol what was last year?
you would get a special $20 giftcard that could be used to buy anything. it was super inefficient and they ran out. people got mad.
Mar 25, 2012
1 posts
Vancouver
I'm pretty sure this is a YMMV deal where only the people who get the email gets the deal.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1179 posts
709 upvotes
canada
jamesbk wrote: I'm pretty sure this is a YMMV deal where only the people who get the email gets the deal.
Would confirm w head office ymmv ur account must have promo on it. Would be tragic if New accounts didnt get it. Promo cards expire - sent 3-5 days later
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5634 posts
4584 upvotes
Vancouver
TerryTsang wrote: My wife works at London Drugs and she called her store and no one has heard of this yet. Can you direct me to where you found it because we will load up. Thanks OP
It's an LD Extras offer .. not a store offer. Everyone at every store may not be aware of the promo.

Ron.