Expired Hot Deals

London Drugs

Camp Chef Pellet Grill - PPG20 - $399.99 (small, portable model)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2021 11:21 pm
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
383 posts
87 upvotes
Saskatoon

[London Drugs] Camp Chef Pellet Grill - PPG20 - $399.99 (small, portable model)

London Drugs list price of $949.99. Sale for $399. I believe it was on for $599 earlier in the summer. Available in store and online. But online shipping is not free.

Reviews are generally great.

PID controller for consistent temperatures (+/- 5ºF)
Adjustable smoke settings from 1-10
Easy to use menu dial
High-visibility, low-glare digital display.
Slide and Grill Technology's direct flame grilling reaches 650°F
Full sized upper shelf
Ash cleanout system
Cord management system
Grease management system
Compact design, stores and transports easily
Locking chamber and hopper lid for easy transport/storage
Folding legs and leg levelers
Dual position rolling transport
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best smoker grills!
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
9250 posts
2254 upvotes
Vancouver
Free shipping to store for those of us in the west.

Watched a review. It’s 100cm wide. Could possibly pull this off on a condo balcony depending if you have. Whiney Neighbor's

Looks really well set up for portability

I’m passing but very tempting
Autocorrect sucks
Sep 17, 2018
389 posts
400 upvotes
Are there any pellet smokers that don't need to be plugged in?
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
383 posts
87 upvotes
Saskatoon
HamMane wrote: Are there any pellet smokers that don't need to be plugged in?
I think there's a Davy Crockett in the US that runs on cigarette lighter adapter.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1792 posts
568 upvotes
rbanow wrote: I think there's a Davy Crockett in the US that runs on cigarette lighter adapter.
This is over twice the size of the gmg Davey Crockett and the traeger tailgater. The gmg has wifi but cost twice as much too. Not exactly portable . I think it says over 500sq inch
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
383 posts
87 upvotes
Saskatoon
jon604 wrote: This is over twice the size of the gmg Davey Crockett and the traeger tailgater. The gmg has wifi but cost twice as much too. Not exactly portable . I think it says over 500sq inch
This 500 sq inches includes a full size top rack. Both racks are around 250.

If only using the bottom rack, it's about 250 square inches.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3391 posts
2081 upvotes
West Coast
HamMane wrote: Are there any pellet smokers that don't need to be plugged in?
Every pellet smoker needs electricity, although the power usage drops by 80-90% after the first 10 mins when the ignitor/hot rod is on. Once the initial burn has cycled through, it'll drop from the 230-275W down to 8-20W as it just runs the fan, electronic controller, and the auger to advance the pellets. Many folks who buy the smaller portable ones get a portable power supply, like a 300W Jacker/Golabs/Bluetti etc and that'll run it for hours without issue.

Although you can pull the ignitor and start it with a torch, it'll still require the base electricity to keep the pellet auger and fan/electronics running.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Jun 21, 2007
58 posts
71 upvotes
Prince George, BC
Had a friend buy it with staff discount, 335.99 all in, had one in stock at the local store.

It's a solid piece of equipment, feels more substantial than the Costco Traeger 620 I saw in store.

Thanks OP!
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
383 posts
87 upvotes
Saskatoon
brass wrote: Had a friend buy it with staff discount, 335.99 all in, had one in stock at the local store.

It's a solid piece of equipment, feels more substantial than the Costco Traeger 620 I saw in store.

Thanks OP!
Happy to hear that. I'm pretty sure I will pick one up too!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1534 posts
1372 upvotes
VANCOUVER
God, I do not need this. Got to keep on repeating this lol