DJI Osmo Mobile 3 smartphone gimbal - $89.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2021 5:42 pm
[OP]
May 20, 2018
62 posts
90 upvotes

[London Drugs] DJI Osmo Mobile 3 smartphone gimbal - $89.99

Also available for ~$100 from others (price match?)

Visions $98
BestBuy $99.99
Amazon $99.99

Looks like everyone's making room for upcoming OM5. This seems like an OK price if you're after smooth videos from your phone and don't want to spend an extra $40 for OM4/$90 for OM5.
12 replies
Sep 16, 2018
57 posts
67 upvotes
London Drugs - the last remaining Canadian electronics stores
Sep 2, 2007
287 posts
207 upvotes
I was just looking at this the other day on amazon, just a heads up it looks like BB/Amazon are the combo which includes the tripod stand, so that may or may not be worth the 10 bux difference but I had read that the stand is worth it.

I was debating over this or the cheaper noname ones. I figure the osmo might be worth it for the better quality and software as well?
Anybody have an idea how well one of these cheaper style ones work? The ones that counter balance with a middle handle and some weight at the bottom? Would this achieve a better stabilization as well if I didn't want to splurge?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08LPLN1XL/?co ... _lig_dp_it
Nov 18, 2014
43 posts
29 upvotes
Bolton, ON
RedruM7 wrote: I was just looking at this the other day on amazon, just a heads up it looks like BB/Amazon are the combo which includes the tripod stand, so that may or may not be worth the 10 bux difference but I had read that the stand is worth it.

I was debating over this or the cheaper noname ones. I figure the osmo might be worth it for the better quality and software as well?
Anybody have an idea how well one of these cheaper style ones work? The ones that counter balance with a middle handle and some weight at the bottom? Would this achieve a better stabilization as well if I didn't want to splurge?

I would think night and day difference. I wouldn't buy the cheaper one.
[OP]
May 20, 2018
62 posts
90 upvotes
RedruM7 wrote: I was just looking at this the other day on amazon, just a heads up it looks like BB/Amazon are the combo which includes the tripod stand, so that may or may not be worth the 10 bux difference but I had read that the stand is worth it.

That looks like a mechanical stabilizer using friction/gravity so video would be about the same as holding your phone upright and walking with long strides.

Osmo is an electronic gimbal with 3 motors/CPU/sensors and makes video near-Hollywood smooth - there's no comparison. The DJI app works well and gets updates.

I've owned both and would never go backwards to a mechanical stabilizer.
Oct 29, 2008
579 posts
274 upvotes
L4J
Be aware
London Drugs shows the model CP.OS.00000022.01
vs
BB shows model CP.OS.00000040.01 comes complete with an Osmo Grip tripod and carrying case for on-the-go convenience.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3023 posts
6102 upvotes
andrewmp416 wrote: London Drugs - the last remaining Canadian electronics stores
Did Canada Computers, Memory Express and Visions close overnight?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1080 posts
101 upvotes
Whether it's the 3, 4, or 5. Consider your phone size, weight, and what your phone plans are when you size up. And if you're throwing a case on a large phone, and adding things like lenses and filters.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1820 posts
525 upvotes
combine OM5 with iPhone 13 Pro, you can make Hollywood style movies :D
Nov 27, 2004
132 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
I have the OM3 and like how sturdy it holds the phone. I'm not sure how strong that magnet is in the newer versions. I don't have the original stand, but you can put it on a regular camera tripod.
- wassam
Mar 8, 2008
378 posts
491 upvotes
gatineau
The OM5 is the latest, and it looks great.

I have an old Osmo 2 that I think I got in 2018. I stopped using it when I got iPhone 12 Pro max. Didn't quite fit securely.

The Osmo 3 was a slight upgrade the following year. It'll be fun, if you've never used a gimbal.
It's worth checking out videos on what it can do.

If you end up loving it, you'll probably want to move up to the OM5.

I've since picked up the OM4 which came out aug 2020 and it's fantastic. (The OM5 is a slight upgrade) The only limitation is how much weight it can work with. Can't really add moment lenses and filters with an DJI OM4 or OM5. I was hoping the OM5 would be able to handle much more of a payload.
Jul 6, 2009
327 posts
57 upvotes
Red Deer AB
Ordered, thx op
2010 Contest Wins :D

T45 Tassimo Brewer - Tassimo Canada - 06 May
FIFA Wallpaper I-Coke May 13
FIFA COKE soccer ball I-Coke May 13
Coke t-shirt I-Coke Nov 8

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)