Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
London Drugs

FiiO BTR5 HIFi Bluetooth Amp + USB DAC $59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2022 7:00 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3971 posts
3750 upvotes
GVRD

[London Drugs] FiiO BTR5 HIFi Bluetooth Amp + USB DAC $59.99

This is for the audiophiles....

London Drugs is doing clearances in store for some Fiio gears including players like M3K and headphone amps, this is YMMV since stock and selections are limited for in store purchase only.

Out of all the outdated yet very good DAP and Amp, I picked up the BTR5 for $59.99, this normally goes for more than $140 (official store) with support for all the Hi-Res format like LDAC, APTx and APTx HD. (sorry iOS people, you are SOL unless you use it as USB DAC for your Apple Music in Hi-Res)

It can also be used as a USB DAC for phones and computers

Note this is the older but arguably better version, NOT the 2021 refresh (due to chip shortage) that supports MQA. This also does not act as a Bluetooth Transmitter.

For $60, can't go wrong for a highly rated DAC and headphone amp. Review claims this can power up HD 6XX series headphones; I used it for my Tin T2 Plus, it sounded equally well against my LG V20 from my Pixel 6.
Images
  • IMG_2788.jpg
Last edited by pkphilip on Jan 16th, 2022 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66 replies
Apr 16, 2019
61 posts
126 upvotes
Darn it, I bought btr5 at 100 during black Friday and thought I got the steal...
Jul 3, 2020
376 posts
729 upvotes
British Columbia
Which LD did you find this at? Can't find it on their site.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1282 posts
1147 upvotes
frig man, id move out west just for london drugs.
Oct 19, 2003
522 posts
907 upvotes
Toronto
Hot deal. Upvoted.
TongZ48662 wrote: Darn it, I bought btr5 at 100 during black Friday and thought I got the steal...
Out of curiosity, where and older or the 2021 version?

I bought a BTR5 off AliExpress during 11.11 sale for about $100 USD. Oddly, I ordered the older version but seller 'upgraded' me and sent me the 2021/MQA version. Assume stock for old version was rare even in China.
Apr 16, 2019
61 posts
126 upvotes
J-Bone wrote: Hot deal. Upvoted.
Out of curiosity, where and older or the 2021 version?

I bought a BTR5 off AliExpress during 11.11 sale for about $100 USD. Oddly, I ordered the older version but seller 'upgraded' me and sent me the 2021/MQA version. Assume stock for old version was rare even in China.
I think I got the older version, at the time the newer one was about 20ish more and I didn't want to pay the premium.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2184 posts
1415 upvotes
Sask
Canucks640 wrote: Which LD did you find this at? Can't find it on their site.
+1 can't find on site either
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2013
1055 posts
389 upvotes
Metro GTA
pkphilip wrote: This is for the audiophiles....

London Drugs is doing clearances in store for some Fiio gears including players like M3K and headphone amps, this is YMMV since stock and selections are limited for in store purchase only.

Out of all the outdated yet very good DAP and Amp, I picked up the BTR5 for $59.99, this normally goes for more than $140 (official store) with support for all the Hi-Res format like LDAC, APTx and APTx HD. (sorry iOS people, you are SOL unless you use it as USB DAC for your Apple Music in Hi-Res)

It can also be used as a USB DAC for phones and computers

Note this is the older but arguably better version, NOT the 2021 refresh (due to chip shortage) that supports MQA. This also does not act as a Bluetooth Transmitter.

For $60, can't go wrong for a highly rated DAC and headphone amp. Review claims this can power up HD 6XX series headphones; I used it for my Tin T2 Plus, it sounded equally well against my LG V20 from my Pixel 6.
item #?
<3
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
2139 posts
2551 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Thanks OP, in for two. (Originally put one on hold for pickup, on the way out the door the spouse said "me too please"...) I had just bought a BTR3K (great as well) last November, but the BTR5 has more power for my HD 6xx headphones. The 2021 model is more a refresh than a new model; at $60 this original version is an easy buy.

London Drugs North Vancouver had about five or six left in the display case, not counting my purchase. It's not on the website but it is in their inventory computer system. The clerk said these have been in the system for a while, so the clearance is likely for "slow-moving inventory".
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3875 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
IceCreamGee wrote: frig man, id move out west just for london drugs.
Without any doubt London Drugs is something I've wished we had in Ontario for the last 10 years.

Truely incredible deals and plenty of stock and the best service I've experienced for online shopping. The amount of shit I have asked for, and they've accommodated is insane and they've ruined online shopping for me as they eclipse all other online vendors in Ontario.

Lucky folks out west for sure.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Sep 4, 2008
907 posts
338 upvotes
New Westminster
tvisforme wrote: Thanks OP, in for two. (Originally put one on hold for pickup, on the way out the door the spouse said "me too please"...) I had just bought a BTR3K (great as well) last November, but the BTR5 has more power for my HD 6xx headphones. The 2021 model is more a refresh than a new model; at $60 this original version is an easy buy.

London Drugs North Vancouver had about five or six left in the display case, not counting my purchase. It's not on the website but it is in their inventory computer system. The clerk said these have been in the system for a while, so the clearance is likely for "slow-moving inventory".
did u call and ask clerk to look up btr5? or is there an item number? I am assuming if stocked, its probably stocked with other headphones?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
2139 posts
2551 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
brclho wrote: did u call and ask clerk to look up btr5? or is there an item number? I am assuming if stocked, its probably stocked with other headphones?
Yes, I asked by make and model and the clerk checked the computer and then confirmed stock in the locked display cabinet. I don't have the item number as it is not on the bill.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2107 posts
1719 upvotes
Vancouver
This is a hot deal, paid this much for my BTR3 lol
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3971 posts
3750 upvotes
GVRD
WontonNoodle wrote: Why is the older BTR5 better?
"arguably" better because 2021 lacks ability to firmware update (yet) and refreshed due to chip shortage of the older model, I also assume it is a "cut-cost" version whenever a new revision comes out. It's the same spec no matter how I read the spec sheets.

If you don't need MQA, there is no difference.

Q1. What are the main differences between BTR5 2021 bluetooth amplifier and BTR5 bluetooth amplifier?

(1) DAC chip: BTR5 2021 adopts a brand new ES9219C DAC, has stronger decoding ability and better performance that provides high SNR while ensuring low power consumption. (2) Added MQA support:which can unfold the MQA tracks on the mobile phone. If music applications supports MQA, it can achieve 16x MQA unfolding. (3) The BTR5 2021 supports switching to the "USB Audio Adapter mode" (USB dongle) by just one press. When a USB connection is detected the BTR5 2021, it will automatically prompt you to turn on "USB Audio Adapter" mode, which turns off charging to the BTR5 2021 and allows you to use it as an audio dongle for your phone or other devices. Please press any button in 15s when the prompt menu jumps out. If there is no operation within 15 seconds, the charging function will stay on. (The pop-up menu can also be closed through the FiiO Control App). (4) A Type-C to Type-C cable is added to the accessory list. (5) The package box is newly designed in a science fiction style, and the back panel adds an MQA logo. (6) The software filters have been reduced from 6 to 2 (since the DAC has added MQA support, we canceled the internal filter).
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3971 posts
3750 upvotes
GVRD
zdpz wrote: Without any doubt London Drugs is something I've wished we had in Ontario for the last 10 years.

Truely incredible deals and plenty of stock and the best service I've experienced for online shopping. The amount of shit I have asked for, and they've accommodated is insane and they've ruined online shopping for me as they eclipse all other online vendors in Ontario.

Lucky folks out west for sure.
Careful of what you wish for Winking Face

Only their clearance deals are great, otherwise I only go there for food and some household stuff. The stuff in the tech department are horrible, prices are not always the best or a rip off ($40 a DVI cable??), things often out of stock. They seem to be fixated on targeting boomers and forget about the needs from younger demographics.

Sometimes when I walk around to check things out, I can't help but to look at the pricing and go like.. who will buy this without even checking online prices??

Have a look at glassdoor review and talk to the employees, you can tell they are not thrilled with everything that is going on with the company.

As an electronic department, all I can say is... they already lost the battle to BestBuy or Amazon, otherwise their other departments are still quite good.

Funny thing is, the owners are super rich, yet I can't shake the feeling London Drugs is following the foot steps of The Bay.
May 27, 2015
303 posts
1038 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SonicRings wrote: Can this be used as a Bluetooth receiver?
This is one of the best Bluetooth receivers in the market, along with Qudelix 5K and iFi Go Blu.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2019
1378 posts
1671 upvotes
Rozario7 wrote: This is one of the best Bluetooth receivers in the market, along with Qudelix 5K and iFi Go Blu.
Damn, I'd love one of these then. But apparently london drugs doesn't exist in Ontario? Any way to get it shipped or do they not have free shipping?
Jul 20, 2018
527 posts
475 upvotes
pkphilip wrote:
Careful of what you wish for Winking Face

Only their clearance deals are great, otherwise I only go there for food and some household stuff. The stuff in the tech department are horrible, prices are not always the best or a rip off ($40 a DVI cable??), things often out of stock. They seem to be fixated on targeting boomers and forget about the needs from younger demographics.

Sometimes when I walk around to check things out, I can't help but to look at the pricing and go like.. who will buy this without even checking online prices??

Have a look at glassdoor review and talk to the employees, you can tell they are not thrilled with everything that is going on with the company.

As an electronic department, all I can say is... they already lost the battle to BestBuy or Amazon, otherwise their other departments are still quite good.

Funny thing is, the owners are super rich, yet I can't shake the feeling London Drugs is following the foot steps of The Bay.
London drugs price matches to Amazon and Best Buy so I’m not sure what you’re on about. I’ve price matched countless times so I could get the item same day and pick it up rather then waiting to order. They also have good deals if you watch for them.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)